Eternal Lands Official Forums
kanver

Mod abuse

People will do what people will do....including moderators and those that don't know enough of the rules.

I personally always thought that moderators would be identifiable on channels and in game with a symbol next to their name. (shrugs) She did her job, but nobody knows who a mod is till they memorize the one page on the EL site or get chewed out enough.

I also thought from time to time that the game could use a market discussion channel or more discussion about the market on channel 4.

On another note.....that dude was so seriously taken advantage of by whoever sold him those FE ingredients. 0.9gc for a rose/snap???? ROFL Poor guy!

He said it was the only offer he was given right? I have the feeling the guy was being too annoying, so someone gave him a stupid bid to shut him up.

Patience is a virtue and a very valuable commodity. Don't do business without it.

Did you read any of this thread before you came to this conclusion?

Or did you just managed to read the title.

Or maybe broke a few rules himself in the past, got caught, and has a grudge?

I personally always thought that moderators would be identifiable on channels and in game with a symbol next to their name. (shrugs) She did her job, but nobody knows who a mod is till they memorize the one page on the EL site or get chewed out enough.

i personally always thought that people should follow the rules whether or not they know a moderator is in the house.

<CLIP>

i personally always thought that people should follow the rules whether or not they know a moderator is in the house.

Agreed. Sometimes though, it is by being told by a moderator that someone knows the rules. There are alot of rules for the game. People might not find it as much of a game if they have to memorize them all. Not saying it is really an excuse, but it does happen. People forget a rule because it does not apply at the moment and they need a reminder and when they get the reminder, it would mean more to them if they knew it was a mod.

<CLIP>

Agreed. Sometimes though, it is by being told by a moderator that someone knows the rules. There are alot of rules for the game. People might not find it as much of a game if they have to memorize them all. Not saying it is really an excuse, but it does happen. People forget a rule because it does not apply at the moment and they need a reminder and when they get the reminder, it would mean more to them if they knew it was a mod.

He got the reminder(s). He still continued, then was a smartass.

Really, as already has been pointed out, it was made into a much bigger issue here than it ever should have been ingame. A forgettable one-minute-wonder event turned into drama.

Yea, things like this happen from time to time, in every RPG review I have seen for Eternal Lands, they constantly warn others about the Mods and their over use of their power. seems to me they take the "Power Hungry" Perk too literal...

Really? All of them? Like this one that actually points out moderation as a significant benefit of the game.

So is this the "Moderation is a topic for discussion" thread? :P

No, it's the thread for every last fr00b in EL to make this same high-quality, comedic statement.

Yea, things like this happen from time to time, in every RPG review I have seen for Eternal Lands, they constantly warn others about the Mods and their over use of their power. seems to me they take the "Power Hungry" Perk too literal...

Really? All of them? Like this one that actually points out moderation as a significant benefit of the game.

So is this the "Moderation is a topic for discussion" thread? :P

No, it's the thread for every last fr00b in EL to make this same high-quality, comedic statement.

You might actually want to know what a "fr00b" is before you label people as such kk :D

I am P2P 4 life!

market channel is less used then back in the days, but those days we could discuss stuff in market channel, or even have random chats.

i'd say atleast allow market related discussions ^^

market channel is less used then back in the days, but those days we could discuss stuff in market channel, or even have random chats.

Less bots then too.

Times change, and so does what makes a channel useful and functional.

Fr00b? Been play anarchy online hmmmm?

Fr00b? Been play anarchy online hmmmm?

LOL @ fail quote.. Not me that said that.

If you wouldn't have added the last smart ass comment to channel 3 you wouldn't have been muted.

...true enough imo...

Less bots then too.

Times change, and so does what makes a channel useful and functional.

most people use #ignore_bots :pickaxe:

Did you read any of this thread before you came to this conclusion?

Or did you just managed to read the title.

Or maybe broke a few rules himself in the past, got caught, and has a grudge?

I agree with Aislinn, should not matter what you think/say IF i mod tells you to do something you sure as hell better do it. Now

Most people will be kind enough to tell you if something you are doing is wrong, before a moderator gets on to you. IF you are lucky, The mod being in this situation did not do anything wrong, now had she went completely off on you or did something that would harass you in a way, i could see posting here? but why waste the space on the forums LOL this topic, has no point, and your only making foolish sense come out of your words, Like they always say :) SUCK IT UP PRINCESS |?|?|?| BTW mods arent out to get you! you should know the rules, why would you continue a chat after you were told to get on topic, 1 msg in 5 min, and stay on topic, not that hard to follow, i can find a few lvl 20 players that know not to ask a stupid question on Market, then continue to chat as if you were PMing. Like everyone has said, Market channel is for PC/BUY/SELL and TRADE YOUR STUFF. next time go to channel 2 or 4 someone will help you. :):hug::lipssealed: :lipssealed:

Edited by mattyu

WOw all this for a 20 minute mute. I been muted for saying the word BUTT on channel 6 with no warning and laughed about it after all the cuss words I have heard on that channel I got muted for that this MOD was having a bad day I guess. Laugh it off and do not take it do seriously. Being a MOD is a tough and mostly thankless job.

I would like to thank all the MODs that try to make this game a better place. If one gets really out of order thou I think it should be pointed out perhaps to another MOD rather then a public beating for a mute lol :P

WOw all this for a 20 minute mute. I been muted for saying the word BUTT on channel 6 with no warning and laughed about it after all the cuss words I have heard on that channel I got muted for that this MOD was having a bad day I guess. Laugh it off and do not take it do seriously. Being a MOD is a tough and mostly thankless job.

I would like to thank all the MODs that try to make this game a better place. If one gets really out of order thou I think it should be pointed out perhaps to another MOD rather then a public beating for a mute lol :)

Firstly, you were not muted for saying "butt", you were muted for:

[AttilaTheHun @ 6]: My butt itches

I have discussed this issue with you previously. I also muted another player for advising the very same channel of a remarkably similar situation regarding his posterior.

I would thank you in the future for not trying to take a situation out of context (as you have here). Your second paragraph, patting the mods on the back for making it a better place is complete bullshit, when done so after your veiled allegations of unfairness. If you have a problem with an action taken by a moderator (in this case, me), feel free to file a report with Aislinn. Do not, however, claim ignorance regarding my actions, as we have discussed this at length. If you want discuss your itchy ass, feel free to use #gm.

I been muted for saying the word BUTT on channel 6 with no warning and laughed about it after all the cuss words I have heard on that channel I got muted for that this MOD was having a bad day I guess. Laugh it off and do not take it do seriously.

You were not muted for saying the word butt. You were saying your butt itches. Really.. nobody wants to hear that or have that mental image.

As to laughing it off and not taking it seriously? No. Take it seriously. If you are muted it is because you are out of line and already have been asked to stop. The chat channels are not your personal blogs where anything goes.

If one gets really out of order thou...

Mods aren't player's personal punching bags. "If one gets really out of order", you can bet they have had enough. I wonder how players would react if we talked about them like they are animals in a zoo.

:) I thought moderation was not subject to discussion? Close the thread already. Let the complaints go to the unofficial forums already. :)

Ok, I can understand ur a bit annoyed kanver, but the thing is that some of ur comments werent really nesecary or however u spell it. You were warned that you were going to get muted for 20 minutes, and you commented yet again. 20 minutes isnt long, and it wouldnt hurt for u to get off the computer in that time if uve got nothing else to do. Lets face it, most of us could use some excercise after sitting here for ages. Dont quit el - its a great time, and just because you got muted doesnt mean its the end of the world - i mean what, is ur computer going to break down because u got muted? no offence, it sounds pretty stupid to be quitting over being muted for 20 mins which is a really short time to me.