• No.
    • Yes, and I will buy one.
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. What benefits do you want for it?

• None (voted no)
    • Higher chance to make rare items.
    • More experience.
    • Different color name.
    • Better chance to get rare stones while harvesting.
    • Less item breaks.

Well, one way to partially solve the problem with the gold farmers is to have a "Gold Membership" thing, just like some other free MMOs do.

There are many advantages to this idea:

1. If we get a lot of gold members, we will depend less on rostos and rare item sales, so I can increase their rate.

2. The economy will be less affected by gold farmers (see #1).

3. Will give some advantages to those who pay for the game.

While we didn't determine the cost, it would be around 5-6 USD a month, but if you buy for 1 year in advance it will be cheaper.

Now, the idea is that the gold members to have some minor advantage over the free members, but at the same time not to ruin the game for those who don't want to/can't pay.

So the advantages will be relatively small, maybe 2% more exp, the chance to make rare items would be x/9600 rather than x/10000, etc.

A different color for the name would also be an option (maybe gray, or some shade of orange).

One other advantage would be cheaper access to archery ranges (which will be implemented soon).

Other than that, there would be no special advantages.

In the "What benefits do you want for it?" poll, please only vote for the things you want and think that are fair.

This is an idea I can support without reservation. It allows the game to remain free to those who want it, and allows for those who can and want to support it to have small rewards for doing so. The best part is that it might help Radu continue to work on the game full time. Meaning more new and often exciting if not terrifying additions.

I can not think of any downside to this, and my mind it getting lost in all of the benefits that are running barefoot through it.

Shea

Sign me up.

Have you considered making a separate map that only gold members have access to? Nothing too fantastic or advantageous, but limited to gold members. The possibilities there are endless.

NOTE: I am trying to vote yes, i will buy and not selecting any of the bottom options and it won't let me, is that how you want it?

Edited by annatira

im sure there are alot of players who would happily budget $5 a month for the gold membership , but with benefits like more xp, more rares, more of anything EL instantly becomes a two tier game of the haves and the have nots

its a big move

Sign me up.

Have you considered making a separate map that only gold members have access to? Nothing too fantastic or advantageous, but limited to gold members. The possibilities there are endless.

Considered, yes, but decided not too because it would be a little unfair to those who don't want the membership.

I would do it. Not much different than p2p race now. I think many will, look at all the pro crafter's and manu'ers who have p2p race, who get no in-game advantages from it.

I think this is a good idea for solving the Rost/radu's money problem but I'm a little confused on how it would stop farmers and fix the economy ^_^

I think this is a good idea for solving the Rost/radu's money problem but I'm a little confused on how it would stop farmers and fix the economy ^_^

Won't stop the farmers, but would prevent the rare items from going up too much in price, because there would be more in the game.

Radu,

Any concern about ppl not from US or EURO that have no international credit card or paypal account.

Its kinda hard for some of my friends to be able to use your shop. (Im from Brazil btw, and lots off ppl from my country have some difficulties to spend RL money due to the fact they do not live in euro os US)

I voted yes and for the advantages, I voted for everything except more experience. With the player base being composed of mostly low level people though, I have a feeling that's the option that's going to win

Even though I won't get one. It would be a good idea and it wouldn't ruin the game.

In the spirit of this game, I voted yes.

Personaly, I dont think the advantage should provide a super advantage, yet, it should be advantage enough to make people want to invest some dollars.

I think it is a good idea, only I fear that this will only woo a few long time players into the investment. For example, I look at learners "rent an ant" service, and horse whistles. Things that looked like they would be very successfull, yet turned out to be a select few that used the service.

Trade bots, gaurd bots, guild maps look like they have been relatively successfull?

Sign me up.

Considered, yes, but decided not too because it would be a little unfair to those who don't want the membership.

wait though.... for free players this would mean fewer competing for spawns no? what about a p2p continent (c3) with this membership? if i did not pay i would think this fair if i could get a spawn easier.

Radu,

Any concern about ppl not from US or EURO that have no international credit card or paypal account.

Its kinda hard for some of my friends to be able to use your shop. (Im from Brazil btw, and lots off ppl from my country have some difficulties to spend RL money due to the fact they do not live in euro os US)

Im 17 , and from Brazil as well and never had a problem doing all my p2p changes , buying EFEs and binding stones. You have many options. Many people accept gold coin and pay the fee for you (I.E sell GC). You can also use Banco do Brasil [ its a bank in Brazil] and pay via money order.

and i voted " yes , and i would pay" and would actually like all the ideas listed , i do most skills , train , fight , and harvest so any advantage no matter how small is cool :).

~SenZ

Would you maybe make the monthy payment payable by gc, to get money back out of the game? I can see more people doing it this way, but you may also want that real money.

Would you maybe make the monthy payment payable by gc, to get money back out of the game? I can see more people doing it this way, but you may also want that real money.

No, this would just feed the gold farmers, not me.

Kinda off topic but any chances to make one of the advantages for orchans to be gnome sized or a gnome with a mowhawk? ^^ would be pr0

Voted yes and like all the advantages.

Also think the idea about a Gold Members map would be really cool and cause more incentive for others too pay the fee imo.

PaulB

voted yes, and i will buy one (multiple depending on how long i will continue playing ^^)

just wondering though, i heard something about increased droprate from monsters as a benefit? :>

as an additional suggestion: maybe having different ranks of membership? silver/gold and platinum, silver would give you 1 benefit, gold would give 2, platinum gives all possible benefits?

Voted yes I would buy a membership. I'm for more exp and less breaks. I think a different colored name tag is not necessary. Increasing the make rare items and harvest events would be an unfair advantage imo.

as an additional suggestion: maybe having different ranks of membership? silver/gold and platinum, silver would give you 1 benefit, gold would give 2, platinum gives all possible benefits?

selectable benefits would be killer also

Just another thought but maybe allow gold memberships access too 1 free account on the PK server that only can stay active if they keep paying the monthly fee?

Just a thought...

PaulB

Somehow the ability to buy experience through a paid membership doesn't sit well with me. But I think the other three options are all OK (I have no opinion about a different colored tag). They're basically just a permanent form of what you can already get with good astro or special #days. I've seen some very negative reactions to anything even remotely close to buying exp before, so I don't think that is a good option for membership.

I can clearly see how this will be good for Entropy and his cash-flow. I'm not as convinced about it's effect on gold-farming. People use gc now to pay for things through the shop (I give you gc, you pay the shop dollars), so in theory people could do that for this too.

Other than excluding the "buying experience" option, I don't think it will hurt the game (even if it doesn't solve the root problem being considered).