Eternal Lands Official Forums
Walt-Her

Coordination in Invasions

With the info gathered by the effort of the community they wont log of again and can even be helpfull in an invasion, and it wouldn't come to the same ppl over and over again to clean up the mobs.

If I log off in a safe house in EVTR or PL or even IP and people tell me there are dragons outside, and I can't get to storage, do you think I'll stay online and sit and wait untill I can go to a storage ??

No, I'll log off and play another game and maybe I'm staying on that game the rest of the day.

But if I knew before I logged on, that only few were left and where, would I maybe come and help.

Good reason to carry rinfs or not kill Scotty, so you don't get trapped like that.

Trapped ?????

I bring always tele-ess and several rings.

But to sit on IP and wait for a storage to be safe is not to play a game, it's waste of time.

Your life must be very boring if you find it interesting.

With the info gathered by the effort of the community they wont log of again and can even be helpfull in an invasion, and it wouldn't come to the same ppl over and over again to clean up the mobs.

If I log off in a safe house in EVTR or PL or even IP and people tell me there are dragons outside, and I can't get to storage, do you think I'll stay online and sit and wait untill I can go to a storage ??

No, I'll log off and play another game and maybe I'm staying on that game the rest of the day.

But if I knew before I logged on, that only few were left and where, would I maybe come and help.

Good reason to carry rinfs or not kill Scotty, so you don't get trapped like that.

Trapped ?????

But to sit on IP and wait for a storage to be safe is not to play a game, it's waste of time.

Well, as long as you have the rngs then you can easily go to someplace else and play while the invasion gets cleared out.

Trapped ?????

Well, as long as you have the rngs then you can easily go to someplace else and play while the invasion gets cleared out.

Yes, If I had the information about what - someplace else - was safe.

But np for me, I play another game as it is now and am only on, afk harving and mixing a bit.

But np for me, I play another game as it is now and am only on, afk harving and mixing a bit.

I am glad that you found a solution that works for you.

Do you even READ the invasion channel?

Radu usually leaves VoTD and NC clear for invasions. so you could have harvested random crap there.

Did you even read the thread?

Yes radu (or ace) usually leaves one map clear, but how would someone logging on know which one? or know how to get there safely?

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see the problem. Aphistolas has made a good proposal imho that works without increased privileges (it's mainly poll based) or "trusted" users and doesn't need a new bot with secret server side information.

Eh, still open to the problem of misdirection, maybe a more useful tool would be like this:

-Bot is established which receives community input via PM, only during invasions.

-After 10-20(?) PMs arranged in the same fashion (i.e. with a very specific pattern) bot announces the locations of the monsters on invasion channel.

-Once monsters are cleared, bot is re-PM'd and ceases to announce the cleared maps as dangerous.

Oh, and it'll need to have a PM feature, so players can ask for a list of invaded maps.

/invasiobot clear: WSC, NC, Portland
[PM from invasiobot: Added "clear" votes for Whitestone, Nordcarn and Portland. Thank you for making your neighbourhood safer!]
/invasiobot invasion?
[PM from invasiobot: I know about invasion monsters in Morcraven Marsh and Desert Pines. Nordcarn and Isla Prima seem to be safe. There is mixed information about Whitestone and Portland. Ask me with "<MAP NAME>?" for further information.]
/invasiobot MM?
[PM from invasiobot: <20s ago> Aphistolas: invaded: MM (2 chicks, 3 trolls)]
[PM from invasiobot: <1m14s ago> Mortos: invaded: MM (I'll get you this time! How great that I can add any text here!)]

AFAICS, there is no need for an "official" bot to do this (isn't that what Leaner tried to say?), any of the freely programmable ones could do this, maybe gossip? Or do the Trinitybot owners want to hack on this?

I'd just like some more invasions around European times.. There has been one all week, but missed it because of the time. :) Around now is a good time of the day for one. :D

Mis quote, MEANT to quote Shujral.

Even considering, if i log on i usually type #IL to check and if i see even 5 monsters I go to the invasion channel.

Don't complain because you dont' take initiative to keep your items/rostos safe.

Edited by forever

Even considering, if i log on i usually type #IL to check and if i see even 5 monsters I go to the invasion channel.

Don't complain because you dont' take initiative to keep your items/rostos safe.

I agree, I always expect invasion when I log on, and I also try to log off ready, either equipped or in a house. :P A little forward thinking is all it takes.

Edited by Normtide

I agree, I always expect invasion when I log on, and I also try to log off ready, either equipped or in a house. :P A little forward thinking is all it takes.

Well, this thread wasn't about saving rosts or having safe maps, I guess.

At least it wasn't my intention about what i was talking at ch 6. My intention was to coordinate searching for the creatures to clear (especially hidden) invasions faster and prevent searching maps three or four times after they already had been cleared. It's always the same, after some hours of invasion, almost nobody has any idea what was already searched and what not, not only because of too much spam on ch 6, but because of the reason, that the ones who started fighting had logged out and the followers don't have all information.

Mis quote, MEANT to quote Shujral.

You don't understand. My point here is about flooding the invasion channel with "just logged on, where are the monsters?". I take plenty of initiative, and Its been a long time since I lost a rosto in an invasion. This isn't about being safe, its about spamming channel 6.

If you have a linux version of cvs it tells you how many monsters are left when you boot.

Today is the 2nd day in the month of Fruitfall, the year 0018, Age of the Eternals

Game Time: 03:31:56

There are 0 invaded monsters left.

ok, i had the idea to use a 'private' pastebin for our coordination in invasions:

browse to

http://eternallands.pastebin.com/

and note my starting posting on the left column under 'Recent Posts'

Now everyone just can post any info there, like infos about the invasions or given hints for events.

Wanna try this out ?

regards

PS: btw you can edit postings of others, too, you dont need to make new postings all the time

Edited by Gilrain