Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Affliction

Positive Perk Removal Stones

A friend sugested this. so i didnt think it would hurt to throw it out there for everyone to ponder a bit.

Having removal stones for perks such as NMT, Arti, MM ect.

either all. or most of the positive perks. but specifially the ones listed.

and have removal stones for them.

A friend sugested this. so i didnt think it would hurt to throw it out there for everyone to ponder a bit.

Having removal stones for perks such as NMT, Arti, MM ect.

either all. or most of the positive perks. but specifially the ones listed.

and have removal stones for them.

Excelent ideea, i was wondering why they are not appearing on the market. I would like to see an excavator perk removal stone too!

Imo, having a stone that will remove MM would be a Bad Idea .

People will deliberately take MM perk with the view of removing it in later levels once theyre safer on Ignore vs certain monsters..which will pretty much make the actual cape redundant. Of course there WILL still be a percentage of players who will use the cape instead, but at a guess, I would estimate it as being a minimal number of them.

I think its going to largely depends on how much this particular stone is going to end up being worth after 6 months of being ingame (allowing for price drop). At first it will be expensive and not worth it compared to the cape, but eventually when no one buys the stones theyll end up cheap as chips.

The other stone suggestions sound reasonable though, havent thought too much about how they might affect things...

I think it would be too easy. Everyone would just take positive perks when they have enough free pp, and when they want to get rid of it they just can buy some stones.

I think it would be too easy. Everyone would just take positive perks when they have enough free pp, and when they want to get rid of it they just can buy some stones.

I doubt those stones will be cheap, so you'll still have to think if reset might not be the better option?

I like the idea

Is the same for the negative perks too, you get godless on low lvl put it on will or reasoning all lvl fast on low lvl items, read faster books, than when you are done with these you get save up 8 pp's than get rid of the godless. and same for the icd, you take it on low lvl get pp for what you would like to fight with animals and monsters, and when you get to a lvl where you need to mass train simply remove it!

Maybe shouldent be for all the positive perks a removal stone, but I could tell some that is definatly would be a great ideea.

Maybe make it that way that you need the removing stone and 20k x pp you get back, first you have to talk with the wraith and you choose which perk you want to remove and the stone and the money dissapears from your inv.

I don't see people abusing it to get rid of MM. Really you only need that perk until you're 26 defense. After that you can pretty much train safely without it. So if they want to pay 250k for 26 levels... For that amount of money you could probably train up to fluffys wearing MM cloaks the whole time. (exaggerated, I'm just saying)

I like the idea because people will be able to correct newbie decisions from when they are newbs without resetting. I've seen ppl 100 OA reset just* to get rid of MM perk.

Your forgetting they need the same amount of PPs to remove it, which is hard to get unless your like -60oa, after that it'll take some time to get the PPs to then remove the stone, and the GC to buy it.

I like the idea myself, would be good. ;)

Your forgetting they need the same amount of PPs to remove it, which is hard to get unless your like -60oa, after that it'll take some time to get the PPs to then remove the stone, and the GC to buy it.

I like the idea myself, would be good. :D

Huh? They will get PP back, not give even more PP to remove it. Why would you remove a good perk if you need to give even more pp? Your logical mind is pretty great.

I like this idea. I can see a situation where someone takes the mirror perk early because they liked it, and then way later in the game where they are in 100s OA and they can afford titanium greaves of mirroring but can't remove it and don't want to reset. I also can see this being useful for people who take the "I eat dead people" perk and then bones go up to 4gc each and they don't use the perk. Postive perk removal stones ftw :)

BigShock -> why remove IEDP? bones are crunchy ^^

but still, having a positive perk removal stone would be a great idea. I'd like to test a few perks myself, but since there is no way to remove them except reseting. The stones should be expensive, like nexus removals or such, so that people would only use them when they need, and still consider reset as an alternative. or having wraith take gcs from your inv when using the stone...

i like the idea because at a time u will need to remove mm.

but to keep the free pps not a problem just half the pps u got.....and round up.

so if u remove nmt (7pps) u get 4 back.

I thought a bout it but never wanted to propose ^^

There are some few + perks that shouldn't have the remo stone such as MM i agree. But Daiske1 -_-'

"so if u remove nmt (7pps) u get 4 back." lose 3 pp ?? no way, i think you should get back the exact same amount of pps you spent on the perk.

Maybe make the stone high oa required to prevent some abuse on using it ? Or make it expensive enough so people won't abuse it ?

Neg perks remo @ monster invasion drop / Positive perk remo @ NPC only ? maybe set prices at about 400-500k ea would be good to prevent an abuse.

There are some few + perks that shouldn't have the remo stone such as MM i agree.
I don't agree with this and I actually think MM is one of the positive perks that should have a stone. Many new players need MM so they can do the harvesting and traveling they need to, but after they've played for some number of months have their a/d to a point that then could remove the MM and use those PPs for something else.

I like the idea myself, would be good. :P

Huh? They will get PP back, not give even more PP to remove it. Why would you remove a good perk if you need to give even more pp? Your logical mind is pretty great.

I was under the impression you needed to have the same number of free PPs to remove a perk and take it. That is, if you wanted to remove MM you need to have 5 free PPs (or however much it costs) free to use it. Once used, the perk will be removed but the PPs disappear. So it would probably mean less #resets at higher OAs, as they could save up PPs rather than need to build them again, which takes considerably longer.

@Pyewacket: If they are to be introduced, I'd like to keep them rare enough to ensure they remain at least mildly-pricey. Not as expensive as the total number of PPs required to take a perk, of course. But somewhere that makes them uncommon, and not able to be used by levels readily.

I like the idea myself, would be good. :P

I was under the impression you needed to have the same number of free PPs to remove a perk and take it. That is, if you wanted to remove MM you need to have 5 free PPs (or however much it costs) free to use it. Once used, the perk will be removed but the PPs disappear. So it would probably mean less #resets at higher OAs, as they could save up PPs rather than need to build them again, which takes considerably longer.

@Pyewacket: If they are to be introduced, I'd like to keep them rare enough to ensure they remain at least mildly-pricey. Not as expensive as the total number of PPs required to take a perk, of course. But somewhere that makes them uncommon, and not able to be used by levels readily.

If you have to use pickpoints to remove a positive perk, what's the point? o.O

Positive perks are supposed to be good, so you shouldn't have any incentive to lose them if it means losing pickpoints too.

Edited by ilobypie

I was under the impression you needed to have the same number of free PPs to remove a perk and take it. That is, if you wanted to remove MM you need to have 5 free PPs (or however much it costs) free to use it. Once used, the perk will be removed but the PPs disappear.

That's true for NEGATIVE perks that GIVE you PPs; you'd need the free PPs available to "give back" to remove the perk. But POSITIVE perks TAKE (or cost) PPs to get, so removing the perk should give those PPs back to you again to use elsewhere.

From what I see here, some people think that the ones tacking negative perks should have stones and just give back pp's while those who take positive perks would need to, not only pay for the stone to remove the perk but also lose pp's while removing the perk! Stupid thing to say the least.

I agree with positive perk removal stone, getting the pp's used directly, just like you can do with negative perks. You have the stone and you give/receive the pp's.

If from positive perks you benefit from something, with negative perks you benefit as well, otherwise people wouldn't take them. Even Hell Spawn is ok if you have a stone. I had it for 1 week, bought a stone to remove it before i took it, and it helped me a lot in a time i needed it in my character build.

Positive perks are supposed to be good, so you shouldn't have any incentive to lose them if it means losing pickpoints too.

Err, and say you took MM/IEDP/GITD/FR/Exc while you were <30 OA. It works out better to save up 3-5 PPs at OA90 than reset again, isn't it? People would still use them to remove awful perks, but didn't want to reset. In one sense the 6-10PPs you spend on taking and removing a perk are wasted but... it was your own fault, and it's better than the alternative :(

Err, and say you took MM/IEDP/GITD/FR/Exc while you were <30 OA. It works out better to save up 3-5 PPs at OA90 than reset again, isn't it? People would still use them to remove awful perks, but didn't want to reset. In one sense the 6-10PPs you spend on taking and removing a perk are wasted but... it was your own fault, and it's better than the alternative :(

Hmmm....i think i am missing something....

But as i see, when you take a negative perk you receive free pick points that you benefit of, and a negative side effect. Now if you want to get rid of that side effect you have to have that much unspent pick point as much you received when you took the respective perk. When you take a positive perk, you spend pickpoints, and you get a positive side efect, and now the side effect is that you benefit of, so if you want to remove a positive perk you dont need to have free pick points only the stone, because you loose the positive effect, and you will receive pick points.

As you are telling Aphistolas you will loose the positive effect, and you wont get pp's back so what is the pay of?? better put 300k gc in a bag and let it poof.

The pay off is not having to reset.

Heck, you might not even need to save up the required PPs. Just buy a stone and use it, but get nothing back. That'd still be better than a total #reset, wouldn't it?

Heck, you might not even need to save up the required PPs. Just buy a stone and use it, but get nothing back. That'd still be better than a total #reset, wouldn't it?

Wtf would someone want to do that? It's a positive perk therefore you get benefit from it, why would someone want to remove it without getting pickpoints back?? You make no sense at all.

i guess its fair to get all pickpoints back because on negative perk removal stones you have to pay to remove the negative perk.

Wtf would someone want to do that? It's a positive perk therefore you get benefit from it, why would someone want to remove it without getting pickpoints back?? You make no sense at all.

Yeah, but say you take (any or all of) Fast Regen, Monster Magnetism, Evanessence, Mirror Skin, I glow in the Dark and I eat dead people at a semi-low OA, but once you reach 60+ you want to become a fighter/mage. Working for a few hours (maybe a few days/weeks?) to gather GC for stones, then individually removing the perks is much better than doing a total reset, right?

My point is, if you have a huge OA and can't/don't want to start from 0, you can always just save up money for a stone. You won't get any PPs back, but you won't suffer the consequences of that perk any longer. After all, I hear most people think the majority of the combat-related perks become useless further in game.

but you won't suffer the consequences of that perk any longer.

Dude, you still don't get it, we're talking about positive perks not the negative ones, positive perks have no consequences, why would someone at high OA remove positive perk and all the benefit he gets from it, and gets no pp's back? What is the point in that?