Eternal Lands Official Forums
Zamirah

The invasion yesterday

I have not been online for the latest invasions.

They have been too late for me.

But I was online yesterday and I have read on forum some people had been banned for entering the portal room too early.

So I knew I should stay out of portal rooms, when I saw the first of this messages :

[19:09:24] #Message from radu: Invasion starting in 2 minutes. Please do not go to the C1 Portals Room until I say so, or else

[19:11:53] #Message from radu: Invasion starting now, both c1 and c2, channel 6 for details, stay inside if you don't want to participate

But I read the 2nd message as the portal rooms were free to use.

I use always portal rooms, have no clue where the C2 boat lead to, so for me to start fighting an invasion, is to go to the portal room and go to the map where people see monsters.

I heard other ask if we could go there, without getting answer, it's the only reason I did'nt go at that time.

Could we please next time get a message - not only on channel 6 where there are a lot of spam - that the portal rooms are free to use ?

Well, the 'permission' message looks like: "You cna use the C1 portals room now".

Anyway, I guess you are right and should make it global too, not only channel 6.

I like your latest announcement:

#Message from radu: We will have a relatively small C2 invasion in 5-10 minutes, so that maybe you can win a some NDD for the weekend. You might want to stay clear from the C2

#Message from radu: portals oom (not manadatory, but you will lose rostos if you go there)

#Message from radu: room* Same with staying near the portal exits

Makes much more sense for me than just banning players. Go there and risk to lose rostos. Your very own decision :)

Piper

#Message from radu: We will have a relatively small C2 invasion in 5-10 minutes, so that maybe you can win a some NDD for the weekend. You might want to stay clear from the C2

#Message from radu: portals oom (not manadatory, but you will lose rostos if you go there)

Makes much more sense for me than just banning players. Go there and risk to lose rostos. Your very own decision :)

Piper

That has always been the case though, I dont think C2 portals has ever been off limits, due to the strength of monsters there. C1 was the problem when 2 or 3 high level players could clear the invasion monsters before they had chance to leave and ruin it for the lower level players

That has always been the case though, I dont think C2 portals has ever been off limits, due to the strength of monsters there. C1 was the problem when 2 or 3 high level players could clear the invasion monsters before they had chance to leave and ruin it for the lower level players

Yep, I don't want to summon yetis and cockatrices in the C1 portals room. Imagine one of them ending on IP.

Makes much more sense for me than just banning players. Go there and risk to lose rostos. Your very own decision ;)

Piper

actually this doesnt make any sence because yesterday was no drop day so no1 was risking his rostogol by going there :P

Makes much more sense for me than just banning players. Go there and risk to lose rostos. Your very own decision ;)

Piper

actually this doesnt make any sence because yesterday was no drop day so no1 was risking his rostogol by going there :P

We are talking about the invasion the day before.

There has been 2 invasions in 2 days.

The bans were in the first.

Edited by Zamirah

but this message that we quoted is from yesterday c2 invasion which was on No Drop Day.

Oh, did'nt know. I lost connection again. ;)

Only knew about it because some monsters were not killed when I logged on.

Edited by Zamirah

When the invasion happened, I didn't know it was a NDD (just logged in for the invasion and didn't read the day info).

When the invasion happened, I didn't know it was a NDD (just logged in for the invasion and didn't read the day info).

Omg imho you should post this in qotw yourself ;)

But tbh and back on topic, ch6 is so spammy i hardly ever log into it, so a global message should be in place indeed, and iirc. you have done that the first few times you did the invasions from the portal room to earn the ndd hours.

Well, at least it was not Day of no rostogols :dry:

Heh, code some temp fail of everyone's portal room spell.

Not a bad idea, but the invasions are usually announced many minutes before, so they can just teleport there and camp, before the spell is disabled.

Not a bad idea, but the invasions are usually announced many minutes before, so they can just teleport there and camp, before the spell is disabled.

Just zap them to KF or better yet, TD if they have a rost. :P

ebul :) good for me \o/ :)

I like that idea.

Hmm, not a bad idea, I can make a room full of black dragons, and no teleport area, with no doors, then take them there :happy:

Hmm, not a bad idea, I can make a room full of black dragons, and no teleport area, with no doors, then take them there :happy:

Make it multi combat as well ... so more then one dragon can have fun at a time!

Make it multi combat as well ... so more then one dragon can have fun at a time!

guys... death would be very quick though... thats not much punishment LOL. Better make a maze-room with like 100 leprechauns, that must be killed before you can get out. Those little midgets are so hard to get... it would be very frustrating!

While you're having fun making the maze and leprechauns, give 1 leprechaun a rosto to drop and see how many skip the invasion just for the chance to find the 1/1000000 leprechaun that holds the rosto. (of course, they'll have to be yellow tagged monsters)

Why not have underworld exits coming from everymap and have the creatures spawn from there. Could bring a whole new thing to death, instead of dieing and going to the same place. You get thrown somewhere where you may exit in a completely strange map.

While you're having fun making the maze and leprechauns, give 1 leprechaun a rosto to drop and see how many skip the invasion just for the chance to find the 1/1000000 leprechaun that holds the rosto. (of course, they'll have to be yellow tagged monsters)

Why not have underworld exits coming from everymap and have the creatures spawn from there. Could bring a whole new thing to death, instead of dieing and going to the same place. You get thrown somewhere where you may exit in a completely strange map.

Why not make a duplicate portal room that you cannot reach by a spell. Set the invasion running from there, and the normal portal room can stay in business throughout :rolleyes: