Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

No more flame.

Your saying that something is impossible when its not. I'm saying its possible when it is and finding ways to solve that possibility.

No more flame.

Your saying that something is impossible when its not. I'm saying its possible when it is and finding ways to solve that possibility.

ok so why does the GAME creator himself feel this is the best thing to do?

u only care cause you worry about yourself and youre Nmt ...my opinion is UN BIAS yours isnt

it is a FACT that in a MMORPG their shouldnt be ANY indestructable item

No more flame.

ok so why does the GAME creator himself feel this is the best thing to do?

u only care cause you worry about yourself and youre Nmt ...my opinion is UN BIAS yours isnt

it is a FACT that in a MMORPG their shouldnt be ANY indestructable item

But there is :devlish:

Also, im not worrying about myself and my nmt, im worrying about us players that arent super rich (cant buy a chara or gc) and us who came into the game later than others so that we have a chance to catch up. You yourself seem to worry about the big guys staying the big guys

Edited by Kidberg

The question I would really like answered by Mufossa, TC and the other vehement posters is: How much time do you want a fighter to spend mining coal for each hour of a/d training? The issue is not about the damn cloak itself, it is about the consequences of messing with it.

i dont WANT anyone to do anything they dont want to......

i had a 138/141 a.d 85mag/77manu/90alch/82harvest 144oa/and i did just fine spending time harvesting and alching and manu to make some money to afford train, i used to harvest my own ore and flowers and alch my own he and ae then i would sell some to buy sr (i sold my account btw)

but i dont fight/train or even own a nmt cloak anymore, i simply realise that their cannot be an unbreakable item of this magnitude

ask any game creator/mod/dev they will tell you same....i know that somewhere in the back of entropys mind this is something that bothers him, it WILL be fixed sooner or later, better off sooner so that people can adapt their chars now...

Impressive curriculum vitae, but what is your point?

I am concerned about the use of high end items in combat. Everyone who can kill a certain monster in full steel and COL can kill a weaker monster in full leather, and barely lose any items doing so. It is a trade-off between expensive fast xp or cheap slow xp.

Why do you think it is good to make expensive fast xp more expensive?

In the end, time being money (in EL doubly so), expensive XP == slow XP due to the need for harvest to pay for it. I expect people to stop using their nice gear in training just like people don't like NMT in pk because of brod (i suppose that was the point in another thread).

Edited by sithicus

The question I would really like answered by Mufossa, TC and the other vehement posters is: How much time do you want a fighter to spend mining coal for each hour of a/d training? The issue is not about the damn cloak itself, it is about the consequences of messing with it.

i dont WANT anyone to do anything they dont want to......

i had a 138/141 a.d 85mag/77manu/90alch/82harvest 144oa/and i did just fine spending time harvesting and alching and manu to make some money to afford train, i used to harvest my own ore and flowers and alch my own he and ae then i would sell some to buy sr (i sold my account btw)

but i dont fight/train or even own a nmt cloak anymore, i simply realise that their cannot be an unbreakable item of this magnitude

ask any game creator/mod/dev they will tell you same....i know that somewhere in the back of entropys mind this is something that bothers him, it WILL be fixed sooner or later, better off sooner so that people can adapt their chars now...

Impressive curriculum vitae, but what is your point?

I am concerned about the use of high end items in combat. Everyone who can kill a certain monster in full steel and COL can kill a weaker monster in full leather, and barely lose any items doing so. It is a trade-off between expensive fast xp or cheap slow xp.

Why do you think it is good to make expensive fast xp more expensive?

In the end, time being money (in EL doubly so), expensive XP == slow XP due to the need for harvest to pay for it. I expect people to stop using their nice gear in training just like people don't like NMT in pk because of brod (i suppose that was the point in another thread).

my point...he asked me how much time i wanted a fighter to spend harevsting, i anwsered with what i did

if i didnt want people to level so fast i would be against stackable SR, yes they used to NOT be stackable. see how much exp u get per hour when u have to refill every 15 minutes..you miss the point im not trying to f**k up exp i feel that only selfish people think that

Edited by mufossa

There are no facts in games. It's all up to the creators

Think that if the creators didn't care about players opinion this thread would't exist. :devlish:

And 70% wants the cape to remain unbreakable.

Just got an idea for exit of nmts. Havent really thought of the deep pro's and con's but comment.

1 nexus pp = 50 hydro bars = 500k

1 NMT = 400k

1NMT = 1 nexus pp

As nmt population goes down from this, NMT prices will go up, causing inflation to = around the same cost of a nexus pp using 50 hydro bars. Many high levels would go for this and nmt's would zoom out of the game IMO.

Good idea, when u can trade a NMT cape for nexus pp's People would rather trade the NMT the 50 hydro ores. But would also cause NMT cape prices to rise because there will be alot less around in the game. If the cape was made Breakable it would take away what makes the cape so unique, also everyone would eventually have one if the price was low, it would also be unfair to the MANY ppl who put their hard earned gold into the cape, who spent more time playing the game compared to the new ppl that complain the the NMT cape is "too much"

There are no facts in games. It's all up to the creators

Think that if the creators didn't care about players opinion this thread would't exist. :devlish:

And 70% wants the cape to remain unbreakable.

70% lol 38/62 is closer to 60% it is very close to a 60/40 vote

The reason it cannot remain unbreakable is because you cannot get rid of enough of them to account for how fast they come into game without making them so rare almost no one has one. They will be used as a god quest item and they can be branched. Very few of them ever get branched and what are you going to have to give people from a god in trade for that cloak.

What are you going to give people for that cloak to take it out of the game other than uber amounts of gold coin? NPCs never buy stuff for amounts that are reasonable. Asking for an NPC that will buy them is just crazy. Using them for nexus like they were 50 hydro bars is a very bad idea too. It wipes out a huge amount of the cost for getting a pick point through the nexus/removal stone process.

If you actually come up with even the beginning of an idea that could remove them from the game without breaking I would love to hear it. Why is it that you have to have your cake and eat it too? You have to be able to get uber fast experience and pay almost nothing for it? Why not make leveling uber fast expensive or hard to figure out. We need a challenge don't we?

By the way, if you see the multiplay thread that Entropy also started your answer to having to harvest for money and fight would be answered as well. :devlish: Assuming that the cloaks would not be cheap enough and common enough to keep fighting at the same pace you do now while replacing the NMT cloak then the multiplay would fix that problem. If the cloaks were common enough and cheap enough to not making training too expensive then the problem is solved as well.

Once again I fail to see how anyone can fail to see that having them unbreakable is going to not have everyone not only having one but their price being next to nothing. What part of no exit from the game do you not get? Too many found not enough branched equals NMT as common as fur cloaks eventually.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

Edited by TirunCollimdus

How does that cut the cost? Someone can buy gc and buy hydro bars as easy as they can buy a nmt.........

And as i said, with nmts going down in quantity....price rises to 500k, same as hydro bars, and nowadays hydro bars arent 10k anyways, so nmt is around the same......

Edited by Kidberg

I thought we had decided it wasnt about cost ?

Its about getting an unbreakable item out the game so the game doesnt become saturated

and kidbergs idea does this, gets them out the game and keeps them unbreakable everyone should be happy.

or wont people be happy until they get there way and make them break wotever the compromise ?

How does that cut the cost? Someone can buy gc and buy hydro bars as easy as they can buy a nmt.........

And as i said, with nmts going down in quantity....price rises to 500k, same as hydro bars, and nowadays hydro bars arent 10k anyways, so nmt is around the same......

im sorry sir but i think you are mistaken.......you have no clue wat a pain in the ass it is to get 50 hydro bars (not to buy, but to make) very long hard process and the find rate on a nexus remover is probablyhigher then a nmt

The reason it cannot remain unbreakable is because you cannot get rid of enough of them to account for how fast they come into game without making them so rare almost no one has one. They will be used as a god quest item and they can be branched. Very few of them ever get branched and what are you going to have to give people from a god in trade for that cloak.

What are you going to give people for that cloak to take it out of the game other than uber amounts of gold coin? NPCs never buy stuff for amounts that are reasonable. Asking for an NPC that will buy them is just crazy. Using them for nexus like they were 50 hydro bars is a very bad idea too. It wipes out a huge amount of the cost for getting a pick point through the nexus/removal stone process.

If you actually come up with even the beginning of an idea that could remove them from the game without breaking I would love to hear it. Why is it that you have to have your cake and eat it too? You have to be able to get uber fast experience and pay almost nothing for it? Why not make leveling uber fast expensive or hard to figure out. We need a challenge don't we?

By the way, if you see the multiplay thread that Entropy also started your answer to having to harvest for money and fight would be answered as well. :( Assuming that the cloaks would not be cheap enough and common enough to keep fighting at the same pace you do now while replacing the NMT cloak then the multiplay would fix that problem. If the cloaks were common enough and cheap enough to not making training too expensive then the problem is solved as well.

Once again I fail to see how anyone can fail to see that having them unbreakable is going to not have everyone not only having one but their price being next to nothing. What part of no exit from the game do you not get? Too many found not enough branched equals NMT as common as fur cloaks eventually.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

TirunCollimdus..You are wrong and just babbled a lot of Bs lol, You wouldnt know in the first place Do u even use a NMT? Do you Even train? Then Why do u care of even put your 2 cents in?Just had to get that off my chest. Sorry :devlish:

im sorry sir but i think you are mistaken.......you have no clue wat a pain in the ass it is to get 50 hydro bars (not to buy, but to make) very long hard process and the find rate on a nexus remover is probablyhigher then a nmt

umm 1 thing....people can buy a nmt cape as easy as they can BUY hydro bars. alot of people BUY their hydro bars....key word there is BUY....BUY...see it? maybe i should bold it for you? BUY....wtf is the difference in finding a nmt cape as a drop...selling it to get hydro bars to get a nexus...?

Edited by Kidberg

And 50 hydro bars are cake to make lol Anyone who plays the game that has the nexus and a partner to gather ingreds and suck can make 100 hydro bars a week Easy.

And 50 hydro bars are cake to make lol Anyone who plays the game that has the nexus and a partner to gather ingreds and suck can make 100 hydro bars a week Easy.

agreed, ive done it in less than a week

ya well i harvested the iron ore/all fe ingredients(and made the fire ess)/coal/lots of toad stool.

then i made shit loads of steel bars/iron bars then i turned them all into s2e then i harvested all the hydo ore

then i made the bars and it is a very long process not as easy as just getting a monster drop but w/e u guys think you know better

So, you've harvested the:

57,000 Red Snapdragons

57,000 Red Roses

57,000 Sulfur

86,400 Coal

142,000 Iron Ore

Necessary to make the:

57,000 Fire Essence

2,000 Iron Bars

16,000 Steel Bars

Necessary to make the:

1,000 Steel Two Edge Swords

Necessary to harvest the:

1,000 Hydrogenium Ore

That is finally needed to make:

100 Hydrogenium Bars

And you did all this in a week?

Harvest time with excavator perk:

Snaps: approx 240/min (~3.95 hours)

Roses: approx 120/min (~7.9 hrs)

Sulfur: approx 60/min (~15.8 hrs)

Coal: approx 60/min (~24 hrs)

Iron: approx 60/min (~39.4 hrs)

Total harvest time: ~91 hrs

This is not taking into account mixing time, or acquiring the proper necessary food to mix all of the above. Or the time necessary to haul all 1000 s2e's to the hydro at ~30 per trip (30+ trips). In short, for two people to accomplish this in a week, it's more than a full time job (40 hours/week) for most people.

Or do you mean that you purchased some of the necessary items in their already made or harvested form.

edit: It should also be noted that the above does not include room for any failures. Each failure would mean more time.

Edited by jamincollins

ya well i harvested the iron ore/all fe ingredients(and made the fire ess)/coal/lots of toad stool.

then i made shit loads of steel bars/iron bars then i turned them all into s2e then i harvested all the hydo ore

then i made the bars and it is a very long process not as easy as just getting a monster drop but w/e u guys think you know better

wtf, u should know better....how long would it take someone to get a drop like that? i think its 1 in 20000 fluffs. 20k fluffs.... thats alot of damn training

You cannot buy hydro or hydro bars from the shop so they have to be made. Entropy will have to believe that getting a NMT is just as hard as making 50 hydro bars in order to make that change. I am not sure about how that is viewed by Entropy or anyone else because the drop rates have changed. I do know that making 50 hydro bars takes a very large amount of work. That would be Entropy's decision of course. That would be a way to get them out of the game. If Entropy left them at current drop rates and you add this idea to them being branched then maybe it would level out there numbers in game. The price would go up dramatically but I don't hear anyone complaining about it costing too much. lol

As new players enter the game and buying free pick points becomes more common this might work except that no one can afford it. I would suggest that this idea combine with multiplay to add more gold coin to the economy would make a possibly workable idea. I don't think this idea alone will work because the price of NMT will go past the cost of the hydro bars rapidly if they get used for this and then no one will do it.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

You cannot buy hydro or hydro bars from the shop so they have to be made. Entropy will have to believe that getting a NMT is just as hard as making 50 hydro bars in order to make that change. I am not sure about how that is viewed by Entropy or anyone else because the drop rates have changed. I do know that making 50 hydro bars takes a very large amount of work. That would be Entropy's decision of course. That would be a way to get them out of the game. If Entropy left them at current drop rates and you add this idea to them being branched then maybe it would level out there numbers in game. The price would go up dramatically but I don't hear anyone complaining about it costing too much. lol

As new players enter the game and buying free pick points becomes more common this might work except that no one can afford it. I would suggest that this idea combine with multiplay to add more gold coin to the economy would make a possibly workable idea. I don't think this idea alone will work because the price of NMT will go past the cost of the hydro bars rapidly if they get used for this and then no one will do it.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

But you can buy thermal serps, other items, sell for gc, or even buy gc from players, and buy hydro bars that others sell. Still yet i see the point they have to be made, but ALOT of people do it anyways. I myself as a trainer/pker do it.

Edited by Kidberg

Total harvest time: ~91 hrs

Welp...Uh..lemme think...Uhh YES DUH how else do u make like 200k every 2 days? Some stuff is Bought of course like flowers and such lol Omg u wasted ur time adding all that BS lol...loser. Did i also mention my partner has no legs and sits on El like freakin 70 + hours a week?..no u didnt thnk of that Smart Allic

Nice to see you resulting to personal attacks.

Your original claim (quoted above) is that one person with a partner can gather all ingredients for 100 hydro bars in a week easy. The figures I provided disprove that. Even with two people simply gathering the ingredients is more than a full time job. I don't believe anyone would qualify that as easy. Is it possible? Absolutely. Does it qualify as easy not for most people who have a job and other responsibilities.

Does it matter that your partner has no legs? Why bring it up other than as a play for sympathy? It's great that your partner has 70+ hours a week to devote to EL, I suspect most don't.

Does it really matter if its 70 hours or even 100 hours? the point is that it is very simple to make 50 hydro bars in a short time