Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Moving 2 merchant NPCs to WSC

Ok, I want to add a few more merchant NPCs in the game soon. They will be added where the current ones are.

To make room for the new ones, I want to move 2 of the old ones in the WSC marketplace.

Which is what brings us here. There will be an an open auctioning, on this very thread. The first two highest bidders will get their NPCs moved.

I could be greedy and ask for the auction to be in USD, but I am not greedy so it will be in gold coins, to be fair for everyone.

This is going to be a one time fee.

The auction will end on 20th of January, and the winning bots will be moved the next server update after 20th of January (and after I have the gold coins, of course).

You can submit as many bids as you want, with the condition for each bid you submit to be higher than the previous one, in 5K increments.

Please ignore my bid, I don't own an NPC so this is not for me.

Maybe a list of the few players that own the NPCs and are therefore eligible to bid will prevent more posts like mine and Cycloonx's.

Sorry for my confusion.

Edited by LabRat

Oh well then don't take that bid in account. Anyway, why don't you put those 2 new NPC's in WSC? In the end the auction for the other bots were made long ago for the place in idaloran, if they were in WSC I bet the prices would have been higher. (Anyway this is no bitching or so, just a question)

Just to clear it up, you're moving Player Owned Bots right? and not moving Mira/dan/Cloak Guy (you would have thought i would know his name by now!)

Personally i think Merchant NPCs should be restricted to certain areas to increase trade and population in cities and areas of interest....especially WSC!

There seems to be some confusion as to what is up for auction.

Entropy's post mentions Merchant NPCs (those guild owned game-NPCs located currently at Idaloran docks).

His post says he will be moving (2) to WSC Market Square. Thus, only the current owners of the Idaloran Merchant NPCs need to bid for the relocation.

Entropy, please correct me if I mis-read your post.

Ok, I want to add a few more merchant NPCs in the game soon. They will be added where the current ones are.

To make room for the new ones, I want to move 2 of the old ones in the WSC marketplace.

Just to make sure - WSC marketplace - next to Mira, Dan, and the cloak seller?

I'm asking because WS is a huge map, and many players only goes to 2 places in the map - the docks and Mira (to buy FPs), so putting a guild NPC anywhere else in the WS map, would probably won't bring much business to that NPC.

WSC Marketplace would be the city in the North West corner of the White Stone map

RICH owns Dacia so I know we can be part of this auction however WSC just happens to be pretty big in and of itself the southwest corner of the city is a long way away from the portal room spot and all other economic activities. Putting our NPC down in that corner of the city would make it less used than it currently is so can we get a better description of the new WSC location for the NPCS? Are we talking about placement near the vendors in the north central part of the map or near the portal room, magic shop, blacksmith area? I think if we are going to be bidding for something we should get a better description of what it is. If you mean to make this auction a crap shoot without a guaranteed general location in the city then please let us know.

TirunCollimdus

Are there more NPC sellers comming to replace the moved ones? If yes what is the procedure to apply and where can i find the conditions to read.

RICH owns Dacia so I know we can be part of this auction however WSC just happens to be pretty big in and of itself the southwest corner of the city is a long way away from the portal room spot and all other economic activities. Putting our NPC down in that corner of the city would make it less used than it currently is so can we get a better description of the new WSC location for the NPCS? Are we talking about placement near the vendors in the north central part of the map or near the portal room, magic shop, blacksmith area? I think if we are going to be bidding for something we should get a better description of what it is. If you mean to make this auction a crap shoot without a guaranteed general location in the city then please let us know.

TirunCollimdus

There is only one WSC marketplace.

Considering that there are 3 NPCs there already (one of them being Mira, which is very used, constant traffic all the time), I believe the WSC marketplace is a very good commercial location.

Of course, if you are happy with your NPCs location, you don't have to bid (I am not saying that where they are now is a bad location).

yay I've always thought WSC is a prime location for new merchant npcs :P

Only RICH, Dao, ???, FWT and Yugo are able to bid on this. Does this mean you're adding only 2 (to replace the old one's location in Idaloran)

Hmmm.... question is, would it be worth it to have our NPC in WSC. Sure, it's a high traffic area... but we've been doing more then great in C2. Might be less of a demand for high-level items in C1.

So, what if no one wants their NPCs to be moved? Then what? :P

At anyrate, it's definitely something for our guild to think about. Thanks for giving us the option instead of just dumping the 2 new NPCs in C1.

If no one wants their NPC moved, then the 2 new NPCs will be placed in WSC.

The auction will end on 20th of January, and the winning bots will be moved the next server update after 20th of January (and after I have the gold coins, of course).

We still have time to decide on this :)

300,000gc

This is for the 2nd NPC

(also with the same as labrat)

My bid is still valid :wub: (if those will be the bots for lifetime :hug:)

Can somebody tell me is the Cycloonx's bid valid and for what he bidding

Edited by boki3star