Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Earl

Zero harvest exp pop up

When harvesting within the first 120 items of the hour you get a floating score for harvesting the item pop up above your head.

After the hourly limit the pop up messages stop as you are no longer gaining exp.

I suggest the messages should continue but display a zero score. It would make harvesting look like a continual process that you can see your character participating in, as it is you need to check whether your resources are increasing or check the console to find out whether a "you stopped harvesting" message was the last thing displayed.

Harvesting events stop your progress to add a bit of chaos every now and again. If a player is locked in conversation during this event it ight go unnoticed. With a new "Harvest +0" message it would be more obvious to the player that the character had stopped.

Well i think this would be a step back actually, before when we had to click the ores all the time we had the "you failed to harvest...." and the "you harvested 1 ....." messages and that was very annoying.

It's not that hard to , if you don't want to watch the emu bar to see if it changes, click the things you are mining again, if you stop you where harvesting if not you have stoped and will start again.

How about that patch on berlios that displays a swinging pickaxe when "You started to harvest" is sent from the server, and disappears when "You stopped harvesting" is sent? That wouldn't be too difficult to update, and it could be made optional quite easily.

I reckon a nice touch would be rather than a swinging pickaxe, the image is determined from whichever item you are harvesting at the time (silver, mullein etc).

a pickaxe or the harv exp +0 would be nice.. sometimes im chatting away at the tit mines and dont notice that ive stopped harvesting, so this would be a nice indicator and save some time :)

When harvesting within the first 120 items of the hour you get a floating score for harvesting the item pop up above your head.

After the hourly limit the pop up messages stop as you are no longer gaining exp.

I suggest the messages should continue but display a zero score. It would make harvesting look like a continual process that you can see your character participating in, as it is you need to check whether your resources are increasing or check the console to find out whether a "you stopped harvesting" message was the last thing displayed.

Harvesting events stop your progress to add a bit of chaos every now and again. If a player is locked in conversation during this event it ight go unnoticed. With a new "Harvest +0" message it would be more obvious to the player that the character had stopped.

That would be really annoying imo...

How about that patch on berlios that displays a swinging pickaxe when "You started to harvest" is sent from the server, and disappears when "You stopped harvesting" is sent? That wouldn't be too difficult to update, and it could be made optional quite easily.

I reckon a nice touch would be rather than a swinging pickaxe, the image is determined from whichever item you are harvesting at the time (silver, mullein etc).

But this is a good idea :)

The patch is still open on Berlios, I will amend it to fit the current CVS.

We've got plenty of space in the options/HUD tab, I'll stick the switch in there.

I'll do it as soon as I get back to my coding PC (unless someone beats me to it :))

Maybe just have a picture of a pickaxe floating above your head when your harvesting?

Maybe just have a picture of a pickaxe floating above your head when your harvesting?

I like the swinging pickaxe in the hud better

I hadn't seen the swinging pickaxe before but it makes sense and fulfils everything my proposed solution wanted.

I have seen the swinging pickaxe on tc client and it was really annoying, so 'optional' for me if ever.

http://developer.berlios.de/patch/?func=de...p;group_id=1256

Patch upped to Berlios, works rather nicely if I do say so myself.

And yes, dearest LadyReni, it is off by default, to activate it Options/HUD/[X]Show harvesting animation

Props go to ecraven for the original version.

pick2.jpg

pick3.jpg

pick1.jpg

Edited by LabRat

Looks nice! :P

Sounds like adding a similar icon for being afk wouldn't be hard... :puppyeyes:

why do you need something to remind you that you are afk lol? :P

Because you can set it to manually afk only, by setting the afk time to 0. :)

So sometimes I'm running around with my afk shield still up... :o

being afk is a key element to moderating :D

Aww you spoiled his fun - he'll know where to look now :D

Ok, back to serious.

This was the conversation before the "funny" postings snowed it over:

Looks nice! :D

Sounds like adding a similar icon for being afk wouldn't be hard... :puppyeyes:

why do you need something to remind you that you are afk lol? :)
Because you can set it to manually afk only, by setting the afk time to 0. :)

So sometimes I'm running around with my afk shield still up... :o

All status icons are meant to inform you about your status (existing ones are Poisoned, Shield, Magic Protection, Magic Immunity).

Unlike the Poisoned and Harvesting statuses (and like the Shield, Magic Protection and Magic Immunity statuses), you can't see the AFK status in your EL window.

So, serious suggestion: an AFK status icon (in the lower right corner?).