Eternal Lands Official Forums
Shadowwalker

Potioneers Special Creations

Potioneers know how hard it is to make the equivalent gc of an Alchemist or lol the richest of the rich Manufacturers. Alchemist make enriched essences and Manufacturers make armors, normal weapons and special weapons- "Sword of extra damage", even Summoners can now make summoning stones, but what can the potioneers do make Extra Mana and Great Health potions. The field is tilted, but I think I may have a solution to help even it out.

Everyone knows how hard it is to get the Pick Points they need, to get that extra point on your coordination, will, physique or that extra nexus point on inorganic so you can mine titanium, or human nexus so you can wear that shiney new armor. Well now you can buy a nexus point from an NPC for 50 Hydro bars (500k gc).

If potioneers had the chance to create a special version of the already existing potions, say a 2 in a million chance of creating a Special Creation a potion that would permanently increase the attribute/nexus that the potion effects, ie. potion of physique would increase the drinker's physique by 1 permanently; potion of summoning would increase the drinker's animal nexus by 1 permanently. If a potioneer has taken the Artificer Perk then they would have a 4 in a million shot to create one of these Special Creations. The price for these potions would be comparable the NPC's nexus price.

The only potions that would have a chance of being a "Special Creation" would be those that effect attributes or nexuses, (to start with.)

Please everyone post your input/feedback, cause I think it will help out all of use poor potioneers ;)

hmmm... i like it, but for the summoning increasing animal nexus one, wat if u already have animal nexus maxed??? shouldnt it just go to give u an extra summoning lv??? Or even simpler, make a potion that automatically gives u an OA lv so u can pick what u wana spend ur pp on.

its a good idea for attribute potions, not skill potions, and no redsox tahts just too easy no matter what the odds for the oa thing, but i think something like that would be good for the att. potions ^^

btw these potions wouldnt really level the field would put potioning up there with alch. summoning would be back on bottom lol ;) still think its a good idea though

Edited by chaoogie

I really wanted to stay away from the skills and OA lvl advancement due to the problems with xp, and they are levels earned vs. attributes and nexusses. If your nexus is maxed and you drink a special creation potion I guess it would be a waste/costly mistake. I don't know if there is a maximum limit on nexus points, other than what are needed now to complete tasks...inorganic of 6 for Hydro and Wolframite mining. I would imagine that these will be priced between 300-700k gc depending on Attribute/Nexus. :bow_arrow:

I like it, but then, i've been known to 'pot' a bit lol.

Have also thought of this.

We all know that when making sr's, there is a chance you will make an EMP.

What if, when making EMP's, there was a chance to make a RAM? (Restore All Mana)? Would make things interesting... as when making sr's then, there would be a very itty bitty chance of making an EMP... that would end up being a RAM! (or whatever initials Teh Uber God applies)

This pot will be too strong imo and will only support the strong players. And if you say: compare it to the price of 1 nexus at the npc, then you have 8-10kgc per bar => 400-500kgc for 1 pot! The chance you make it will be very small, so in the end only a very small % of the people will enjoy it. Better make small additions like the idea of shallara so more people can benefit from it.

Or what about special pots for physique/coord/attack/def pots? Instead of +5 like +7 ? :bow_arrow:

Edited by Cycloonx

Potioners, as opposed to most of the other skills, make products that are needed on a constant basis. I know a few high level players that would like to buy potions but there is not enough production.

potioners have almost nothing to complain, because they should make Srs for money, the cost of making one with high lvl is 7gc~, and you can sell them for 17, sometimes even more

i sell at 13 though :P

would be good by making coord pot you got a chance to make enriched coord pot :wub:

would add +10/20 coord

same for other stats pots ( phys/attack/def)

potioners have almost nothing to complain, because they should make Srs for money, the cost of making one with high lvl is 7gc~, and you can sell them for 17, sometimes even more

My cost for a Sr potion is 9-9.5gc (feasting potion included, but not including crit fails) and I sell for 15 gc each. For me to make the same amount of money that a titanium torso sells for 75kgc I will have to make 5k Sr's and that is total (gross) before you figure in costs. That is an extremely large amount of potions. Just think how many potions you'll have to make to equal an Eagle wing of Extra Damage 200k+gc. I just think something can be done to help potioneers.

My cost for a Sr potion is 9-9.5gc (feasting potion included, but not including crit fails) and I sell for 15 gc each. For me to make the same amount of money that a titanium torso sells for 75kgc I will have to make 5k Sr's and that is total (gross) before you figure in costs. That is an extremely large amount of potions. Just think how many potions you'll have to make to equal an Eagle wing of Extra Damage 200k+gc. I just think something can be done to help potioneers.

True, 5k sr's is alot to make to sell for a total of 75k, but even with a relatively high number of fails you still profit more selling those 5k than I would on a Ti Plate Mail. And just one fail on those is alot more costly and time consuming to make up the loss. Plus, most people don't pay gc for their armor/swords anymore (some do, but rarely), they bring me ingredients and ask me to risk mix.

As to the Eagle Wing of Extra Damage. Ask Pillgrim if it's easy to sell that sword. Some rares sell easier than others. Not to mention that the rares aren't necessarily easy to make. 96 regular Jagged Sabers currently for me and no rare(with artificier perk).

I do potions as well and it takes me less time to sell pots than armor/weapons.

wow, lets be serious for a sec, and think about the skill from a non "my skill needs to be easier" perspective

Other than alchemy (which is not a "skill", but a bonus) potions have the most leveling products consumed. SR potion is made by people for a lot of levels, probably until around level 50, and I'd guess at least 20k+ of them are used in game every day. Consider other skills, manufacturing and crafting. Do you think people buy leather helms and polished gems at that amount? :P

indeed, sure you can make a sword for 25kgc, but you don't have a necessary buyer yet, and i know for 100% sure that there's always someone out there in need of Srs/other potions

The suggestion was to make enriched potions that have some cool side effect. While I think permanent stats are a not so good idea, I would love to see potions that do have some extra effect which is rare and worthwile. I'd think more along the lines of enriched potions which gives 15 on the stat/skill instead of 5. This would not create the sort of ruckus that permanent bonuses do, but beat the regular god blessing for effect.

As far as selling potions concerns, why not make most of them stackable? There is no reason I can come up with why potions of crafting and such need to be nonstack, it just means they are not available from bots.

It'd be really nice if evasion/accuracy/invisibility were stacked. They wouldn't be abused (just run to storage less in PK) and it would prevent people having to go to stor after using only 20 SR on fluff :/

GReat! It sounds super. I am a potioner my self. But might I make a few suggestions:

1.Make some Enriched Potions with added effects, I.G.(Potion of Enhanced Mana) <-- restores 100 mana maybe.

2.Have the potions sell for a decent amount of money, because as a potioner my self it is quite expensive to make potions, 1 FP, 1 vial, ings: <-- that can become quite expensive depending on the potion your making. It takes so long to just get maybe 1 decent armor from potions.

Thanks

-Zure