Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ufc_guru

Crown of Might

Crown of Might

Increases your carrying capacity, like if you can only carry 200 EMU, it would boost it up to 800-1000 EMU. Sounds pretty cool to me...

I think it'd be cool to have.

Let's see...

A CoL adds 150 health, which is the same as putting 60 pick-points into Physique or Will: 60 / 2 * 5 = 150.

That same 60 pick-points put into Physique or Coordination would be: 60 / 2 * 20 = 600 emu.

So a CoM adding 600 emu would be consistent with what a CoL does to your stats.

(formulas taken from the Cel web-site: http://www.el-cel.com/).

Edited by bkc56

That would be most likely the first crown i would buy... ;)

Let's see...

A CoL adds 150 health, which is the same as putting 60 pick-points into Physique or Will: 60 / 2 * 5 = 150.

That same 60 pick-points put into Physique or Coordination would be: 60 / 2 * 20 = 600 emu.

So a CoM adding 600 emu would be consistent with what a CoL does to your stats.

(formulas taken from the Cel web-site: http://www.el-cel.com/).

Think again.

Crown of Life gives you +150 mp.

Crown of Mana gives you +150 mana.

So shouldn't Crown of Carrying give you +150 carry capacity?

Crown of Life gives you +150 mp.

Crown of Mana gives you +150 mana.

So shouldn't Crown of Carrying give you +150 carry capacity?

Nope. Because 150 mp (worth 66 PPs) or 150 mana (worth 37.5 PPs) represents a MUCH larger enhancement to your stats than 150 emu (worth 15 PPs). The first two also provide a much larger benefit in terms of what you can do than a 150 emu gain (in my opinion). A 150 emu bunus just isn't worth 90K-100K gc.

Of course you could go the other way. If this new crown only gives you 1/4 the enhancement of a CoL, then perhaps it should only cost 1/4 as much (25K gc).

I think the way to look at it is...do we really want people to have even more carry capacity ability than they do now, this easily?

The crown would also affect trading, too....if a person has abnormal carrying capacity you cant trade with them ...of course you could always take it off but that could cause a few problems.....just mentioning... :pirate:

I think the way to look at it is...do we really want people to have even more carry capacity ability than they do now, this easily?

Same line of though applies to extra health or extra mana and those crowns both exist now. The fighters got a CoL to help in their chosen skills. The summon/magic skills (and perhaps general training) got the CoM to help them. Why would a crown to help harvesters and manu/pot/craft people be more or less desirable in the game than the other crowns?

if there is a feasable explanation, IE Dwarven pack...i still cant see how P/C makes your pockets bigger :P

eek, im not here :)

Edited by pennifuin

Lmao, I would have like 2000 emu with this, some people like 2500emu.

I don't like this idea at all.

ok you have 200 carry capacity, you put on crown of might, your carry capacity is now 800, you harv 800 veg and keep in your inv, you take off crown..... :( your carry capacity is now 800/200 you're carrying 800 things with a 200 carry capacity :evilgrin:

Same line of though applies to extra health or extra mana and those crowns both exist now. The fighters got a CoL to help in their chosen skills. The summon/magic skills (and perhaps general training) got the CoM to help them. Why would a crown to help harvesters and manu/pot/craft people be more or less desirable in the game than the other crowns?

You tried to pk without COL after cooldown? I can assure you that is almost impossible, you would die way too fast because you would need to do many restores and end up without mana.

I tried to train summoning without COM, while that is still feasible its really a pain.

A crown of might, imo, would just add up to flood the market with more and more gc and items, i dont like it.

ok you have 200 carry capacity, you put on crown of might, your carry capacity is now 800, you harv 800 veg and keep in your inv, you take off crown..... :D your carry capacity is now 800/200 you're carrying 800 things with a 200 carry capacity ;)

Then why don't yall put a block on #reset .... it does the same thing, someone has like 500 EMU because of massive neg perks on physique, and then resets to go read a thousand books, or somethin else, if the crown of might don't sound good, then how does COL and COM sound good? It does the same thing but on different skills.... :D Think about it. :(

P.S. If my idea gets put to use, I want a free one :(

Edited by ufc_guru

if the crown of might don't sound good, then how does COL and COM sound good? It does the same thing but on different skills.... :P Think about it. :o

But their effects on the game is not similar. COL made pking possible after cooldown, COM make summoning a lot more pleasant.

What Crown of Might would do? Overflood the market with harvestable items?

Agreeing with Lorck. I could accept having a CoM, but the boost it would give has to be maximum +150. Giving a +800 will just flood the market with raw materials, which on sight will collapse the economy. Just look how it is already. :P

if the crown of might don't sound good, then how does COL and COM sound good? It does the same thing but on different skills.... :) Think about it. :huh:

But their effects on the game is not similar. COL made pking possible after cooldown, COM make summoning a lot more pleasant.

What Crown of Might would do? Overflood the market with harvestable items?

I agree with Lorck too, is a good thing because the magic itens are usefuls only to pk but.

In other side if have GIANT emu market will flood...

So a item what give no much capacity its work like a "transport pack" should be usefull..

Not a high end stat not a high end price.

150 or 200 emu not more...

then the Crown of Might could just boost +300 EMU or less(not less than 200 EMU)

i am starting to agree, flood in the market, so cut down the boost a bit.

Hmm, I see no need for a crown of might. Seriously, that is a lot of emu you are suggesting. When somone got a crown like that naturally he would also wear an exc cloak. That would be insane.

I've nothing against an emu-boosting item, infact I'd prefer to see this than a requirement that you must spend on P/C to be useful in the game (why should a crafter or mage spend anything on P/C?).

However, a crown isn't really an appropriate device for this. Both mana and hit points can only be increased by magical effects, so a magical crown makes sence for them. While magic could increase carry capacity, there are mundane items which will already do that -- which should be used first.

For instance, the backpack has already been mentioned, and handcarts and wheelbarrows have been suggested before (plus they would look exceptionally cool, to see a Dwarf pushing a handcart through the streets of Whitestone!).

Unlike magical crowns, these are real physical items, and would have serious detrimental effects on combat; large defense and attack penalties, backpacks would occupy the cloak slot, both barrows and carts would be two-handed items, and handcarts would only be usable outdoors.

There would need to be better handling of over-loaded characters (cf. what happens on reset); prevent any movement or attack/defense until they are within their weight limit?

Problems with the economic aspect of increased carrying capacity are really symptoms of design decisions elsewhere.

About trollson's post above:

I think i read in another threads about a skill called charming. So you could "charm" some monsters to do something for you, like charm a cyclops to carry stuff or a normal (not summoned) montain chimeran to fight for you, or a fluffy rabbit to guard an area.

Of course, this skill would need some training to be useful like i described above, but would be interesting to make characters not focused on p/c.

Of course, this skill would need some training to be useful like i described above, but would be interesting to make characters not focused on p/c.

The more variety in what you can do the better.

What really worries me is the increasing weight of things you have to have on your person to do some of the new things; if , say, the required essences continue to increase in number for each new spell, then a mage would have to have a Conan physique to carry enough to make a difference. This is not scalable, and is a serious long-term concern.

...why on earth is the Rapier, a weapon renound as light weight and nimble, weighing in at 20 emu, the same as a Claymore?...