Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jezebelle

is this a newcomer to you?

somehow I have trouble in believing this..if Im wrong..im very sorry..but I dont think I am..and Im getting frankly sick and tired of these 'jokes' playd on me by 'certain people'

I am one that always will help anyone in trouble or need..so is my Family, the Witches and Wiccans..but being taken advantage of..makes me wanna PK..

20:35:04] [PM from izabele: hi.]

[20:35:25] [PM to izabele: hello]

[20:35:52] [PM to izabele: can i help you with anything? ]

[20:35:57] [PM from izabele: yes]

[20:36:06] [PM to izabele: name it ? ]

[20:36:23] [PM from izabele: im a new player and i was looking for another girl to be my freind. i heard your the nicest girl around]

[20:36:30] [PM from izabele: (im a girl)]

[20:36:35] [PM to izabele: lol..who told you that?]

[20:36:46] [PM from izabele: just everyone around says hat]

[20:36:54] [PM from izabele: *that ]

[20:37:58] [PM to izabele: what you need help with?]

[20:38:28] [PM from izabele: well i need money or some good items. or maybe just t ohave a good freind ]

[20:38:43] [PM from izabele: *or maybe just a good frein]

[20:38:58] [PM to izabele: Try the Tutorial Quest, it will teach you about These Lands and gives you free armour and a weapon if you complete it ]

[20:39:27] [PM to izabele: when did you start playing?]

[20:39:28] [PM from izabele: those items arent good though. could i borrow some money? that way i could get some of the things i want]

[20:39:38] [PM from izabele: around a week ago]

[20:39:42] [PM to izabele: I see..]

[20:39:57] [PM from izabele: im not good in skills but im looking to be a merchant and i need some money to start me off]

[20:40:27] [PM to izabele: thats weird..why are all your stats on 0 if you started last week?]

[20:40:55] [PM from izabele: i havent played in a week because i went on vacation after i made this acc]

[20:41:06] [PM from izabele: ^_^]

[20:41:23] [PM to izabele: and in a few minutes pp, told you to talk to me and ask for help?]

[20:41:59] [PM from izabele: I dont mean to make myself an anoyance. im sorry]

[20:42:13] [PM from izabele: i jsut saw some people talking about you in the chat thingy]

[20:42:17] [PM from izabele: *just]

[20:42:29] [PM to izabele: Im sorry but I find it all a bit hard to believe..the name, te story..I have been tricked enough in my life here]

[20:42:40] [PM to izabele: what chat thingy?]

[20:42:52] [PM from izabele: all the words on top of the screen]

[20:43:11] [PM to izabele: in what channel?]

[20:43:16] [PM from izabele: well thanks anyway. and thanks for your time. i didnt meant to anoy you. but belive me im not lying]

[20:43:22] [PM from izabele: the newbie one]

[20:43:29] [PM from izabele: a week ago]

[20:43:37] [PM from izabele: when i made it that's what i saw]

[20:43:49] [PM from izabele: they were saying that you wre nice and helped people out]

[20:44:02] [PM from izabele: so i thought i'd ask you]

[20:44:10] [PM to izabele: well..thats weird..coz i have #1 on all the time..and didnt see anything about me being anounced as a fairy godmother]

[20:44:34] [PM from izabele: well im not sure what to say. that's what i saw and im not lying ]

[20:44:50] [PM from izabele: well thanks again. bye bye for now ]

[20:44:58] [PM to izabele: well..all i can say is take the tutorial quest, its what all newcomers do to learn about the gam,e]

[20:45:32] [PM from izabele: i read like the whole manual on the website. i know how to play]

[20:46:09] [PM to izabele: but you dont know your way around yet, the Tur=totial will teach you that]

[20:46:31] [PM from izabele: ok thanks]

right...what you make of this?

Jez

She musta wanted alot of GC, from what I can see, going by "the stuff" he wanted, and IF she did read everything about the game, and DID know how to play, she coulda made GC herself.

People always take the piss outa other peoples niceness.

Sad to see.

And accounts with all stats 0, including A/D, means it's just been made, not a week ago lol.

i had someone a while back ask me for help b/c they had just started the game that day, so i told them how to make FE's, after i did that i looked up their stats and they had privacy mode on, (that tells me they rnt a newbie) and they soon started asking for money. i dont remember the name tho

This looks like a potential scamm attempt to me.

But not every beggar is a scammer. From time to time, I stand next to the Wraith and try to help people that just started. Once you show them a quest, many of them just keep pming you or begging for items, instead appreciating what they already got.

Who knows? Noones denying there are genuine newbies like this, who just want help, but personally, this is one I would be a tad suspicious about.

Just an out of the blue contact, an all

hmmmm I don't think it's really a scam. Just a beggar imo. Someone trying to get something for free, I think a scammer would have been a little more persistant. I'm on channel 1 about 20 hours a day as I leave my client up most of the time. Went back and looked through logs which I organize and date them everyday (yes I know I can be anal at times but it helps to look through them) and I've seen no mention of you by other players in the manner she was speaking of. Anyhow *shrugs* if she wants money she'll learn to make it or quit. Who knows which option will prove the best :(

And accounts with all stats 0, including A/D, means it's just been made, not a week ago lol.

Don't you begin with 3/3 a/d? Or has it been changed? :(

Don't you begin with 3/3 a/d? Or has it been changed? :(

I dont know if it has changed, but when I checked they were all 0

Jez

A new account shows all 0 in the player stats page until it's saved for the first time (logging off or using #save or trading)

right..then I rest my case..this was a scammer..and i think i know who it was too..too bad for him Im not a blonde 24/7!

And..may I say its too bad for all the genuine newcomers I so gladly help..getting suspicious towards ALL I try to help now..:(

Jez

Haha read this i was in my full plate etc so she obviouslty thought "I Know, he will get me lots of freebies"

[19:48:22] [PM from izabele: wanaa be my boyfreind?]

[19:48:37] [PM to izabele: haha this isnt habbo]

[19:48:42] [PM from izabele: lol]

[19:48:46] [PM from izabele: still]

[19:48:55] [PM from izabele: dangit i need clothes]

[19:49:01] [PM to izabele: no thanks ;)]

[19:49:04] [PM from izabele: alright]

Stupid beggers :P

Lol scotland :P

And no I think she wanted to trick you Jezebelle as well. Who knows if it is even a "her".

Besides, you have to wake up Really early to trick Jezebelle.

I think it might have been a newb, because, if that was someones alt, they really would have no use for the stuff you give them...

I think it might have been a newb, because, if that was someones alt, they really would have no use for the stuff you give them...

It's obviusly an alt. Scammers use newby characters to get free stuff from players. Once they get the merchandise, they slip away to a storage, trade the items with a friend, log on to their main, and get the items from the friend. Then, they may #Killme_yes the newbie character in a feeble attempt to cover their tracks...It's a common practiced method of scamming today...

wish i found a better pic like that one...

It's obviusly an alt. Scammers use newby characters to get free stuff from players. Once they get the merchandise, they slip away to a storage, trade the items with a friend, log on to their main, and get the items from the friend. Then, they may #Killme_yes the newbie character in a feeble attempt to cover their tracks...It's a common practiced method of scamming today...

:) Good job you have just gave the ultimate guide to scamming! :o

...if anyone is dumb enough to fall for it..yes..!

Heres a few tips if a newcomer or prtendable newcomer asked for items:

1) check his/her stats and ask when they started.

2) tell him/her about the quests, ask how it went, if they say they did

3) tell them how to make cash

Its not waterproof, I know, but it wil help a bit at least :)

Jez

IF your stupid enough to fall for it, then you deserve to be scammed

:devlish: isn't this illegal?

:devlish: isn't this illegal?

the pretending is not illegal..the transfering is :ph34r:

Jez

@ Gilean: Not this time, s/he didn't get anything in the poor attempt to scam Jez but thats how they do it if they manage to get someone to give em fr33 st00f.

This isn't a newbie.