Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lu06

vontrupka

I was going to harvest silver in Vermor Castle and was wearing my excav. cloak. I accidentally clicked on a medium gargoyle and died. I pmed my friend NoFear to save my DB but Vontrupka had beaten him to the bag. NoFear told me that Vontrupka had even put on my excav. cloak! I got to the castle and my db was there and the only thing missing was my cloak. Vontrupka denies taking it of course. Lots of people are very mad at this guy for stealing and lying.

I don't see why bagjumping in non-pk maps can't be against the rules. We are letting people practise stealing and lying so they can perfect it for the real world. Also, they ruin the game for others.

Lu

Hmmm VOtrupka,i think is POsibble.

It's not against the rules because EL needs its bad guys as much as its good ones.

Sorry that u got bagjumped, but trust me, as a lesson on being careful where you click, the loss of an exc cloak is not the most expensive one that you COULD have had happen to you. Just be happy in the knowledge you are a little bit wiser, a bit more careful and have let the rest of EL know not to trust this guy...

Also, vermor castle got lots of bagjumpers when i trained there.

And one hint, there are better silver spots than vm castle, like morcraven marshes caves, crystal caves and iscalrith city.

I know vonTrupka, I was sitting next to him when this happened. I know he didn't took this bag, i know that he had one 1 exc cape, and he still have it. He was trying to explain the situation, he offer to make a screenshot of his inventory, but mkvl guys even refuse to hear this. He got 3 or 4 pms from the guys from mkvl, each one ask the same, and no one really listen to the replies... pr0.

He was just there, in wrong place at the wrong time, with one irresponsible guy from mkvl who was so silly to harvest in such a place, and after that he put all his accusations on a innocent guy... o.0

I don't see why bagjumping in non-pk maps can't be against the rules. We are letting people practise stealing and lying so they can perfect it for the real world. Also, they ruin the game for others.

Do you mean that it is already against the rules at pk maps, is it fully legal on pk maps or what? :ph34r:

Bagjumping is only side-effect of death. When you die, you have to pay the price. The price in EL is that you drop something. Usually, people will guard the bag for you to return, but there are also villains, who steal. But on the other hand, without them, it would become boring. Good without evil is nothing and meaningless. Although I personally don't like them, we need some villains in the game.

Although I personally don't like them, we need some villains in the game.

well said, well said. speaking of villans has anyone seen tristran in a while.

I really really don't see why "bagjumping" is an offence.... you died and lost your stuff they see it, its theirs not there fault you died. In most games I play if someone dies and drops there stuff I don't see why they need to be harrassed about it. And anyone that knows my past plz don't bring it up...

It seems that bagjumping is considered bad by majority of the players. Like in every society, also here, the majority sets the standarts of behavior and rules. What is okay in one society, doesn't need to be okay in another...

Just a little note, earlier on a LE party with the guild vonTrupka got on one of our bags also, surprisingly, when we got bag back nothing was gone tho..

So maybe think it over twice now.

Ok, Vontrupka or whatever his name is a bad guy, I am a good guy (girl). If I see someone die and noone goes on their DB, I will and I pm them to say I will return the things in their db (and I tell them EVERYTHING in their bag). I even returned 124gc to someone yesterday.

Maybe they shouldn't put harvestables in VC if it's a silly place to harvest! I just fancied a change of location for harvesting and I'm usually careful when I'm in monster places.

I've been told by my GM that NoFear can be trusted and I trust my GM as he's never given me reason to distrust him. So maybe someone else took the cloak. A very kind friend (ex-MkvL) sold me a new excav cloak for only 500gc. It's very hard in EL to know who can be trusted until you can prove they are lying or telling the truth. Everyone in VC was telling Von to give my cloak back so maybe one of themreally had it?

Never mind, I'm just being even more careful where I harvest now. I will continue to return ALL the contents from DBs but I'm not going to look in every bag to see if it's a DB.

Lu

You really need proof, its like this right now: you lagged out at storage, some noob came to get the bag you were mixing with, you just pick one target and start cussing at it. Gg.

Get proof and I will believe you, to IRON he got on our bag and he went off without taking anything.

Mkvl has a history of accusing people of bagjumping without proof. They accused Worf of it when he was in ^v^. People who know Worf know that this isn't possible.

Guest grandnight

When I was guild master of MkvL I did my best to fix that LW but no one would hear of from me we tried apoligizing too and tried making peace with you guys.

IM so confused ...

Mkvl guys, screenshots and what more else ...

Beeter when we live this topic ...

These topics annoy me. I shouldn't bother reading them at all, but I like to know what kind of character the people I play with are. So I know who to avoid, and who plays by strict morals. Of course this topic is different. Many time I have returned a db and been accused of taking something out of it...of course I have always disproved this with screenshots etc, but still this topic is the same thing.

Don't accuse with no proof, it's a good way to make enemies. I write down the names of people who accuse me of stealing stuff out of their bag when I return it, so when I see their bag again I'll know to keep it and tell them to go to hades :hehe: That's a good reason not to falsely accuse. Just saying if you're going to accuse you better be sure, cause if you're wrong you may have made more enemies then you know.

That was probably the lowest value db I have returned but I was just showing that I will even return low values rather than just keeping them. 124gc is a lot to newer members. If I found greaves and cuisses in a db I would return them (providing someone got in touch after I advertise it or whatever). I would feel very guilty if I kept someone's very expensive armor or ecav. cloak etc.

Lu

Guest doren

first off i talked to Von and he said he didnt have any cloaks in his bag. im confused....

[14:50:27] [PM to vonTrupka: you gonna return my guildies db or are you going into outlaws]

[14:50:45] [PM from vonTrupka: I don't have any cloaks in my bag]

[14:52:13] [PM from [14:54:47] [vonTrupka: maybe nofear took your db...]

[14:54:47] [PM from vonTrupka: let's go outside. I can show u what I have in my bag.]

[14:55:17] [PM from vonTrupka: outside]

I know this is not much proof but Von did say he didnt have any cloaks in his bag didnt he? Not once did he say he already had a exc cape. Maybe someone else took it maybe not i just want this dropped.

maybe he had none in his bag, maybe it was in his inv? if he is a non native english speaker confusion can arise