Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New feature coming soon

Hmm. thats very interesting..

I like this idea a lot, but for one thing. Woundn't these bags make it easier to trade with multichars?

Yes, but expensive. If someone was going to, its fairly easy to drop a bag in a corner of TG and send the other char there within 12 minutes, so I don't really see the benefit for any multi's.

Hmm, maybe i missed something, but i have on equestion. If someone will make a bag in the very same place where someone hide one earlier and he hides it too. If he use a key to look at it he will have contents of both bags? Because when he hide it again he can loose a lot when something like that happened :D

Hmm, maybe i missed something, but i have on equestion. If someone will make a bag in the very same place where someone hide one earlier and he hides it too. If he use a key to look at it he will have contents of both bags? Because when he hide it again he can loose a lot when something like that happened :D

Yes, if you create a bag where another exists they are combined. That is one of the risks involved. Without risks, the game is boring.

I am wondering. If you use the "out" key in the wrong place, will you lose the key?

1. The keys will be relatively expensive to buy/make which will prevent most of the people from going each location searchign for hidden bags.

I got the impression from what ent said that yes, you will lose the key.

Okay I understand the concept and that the hyperspace bag becomes a normal bag if you empty it completely but can be used as storage with a risk if not and I think this is a great idea. If the persons worried about the name had done the quest to find out about their past then they would not be complaining about the name. The name fits in perfectly with the game because space is already involved if you want to know how, do the quest.

I was asking what would happen if you put a full or partially full hbag into one that had its own ten items. This is not possible because if you are moving a bag with stuff in it then it is a normal bag not an hbag because hbags do not move right? You need a key to open an hbag so you should never be able to open a normal bag into an hbag either so that should be safe too. If you open a bag while an hbag is open in the same spot that is when you get in trouble because the hbag dumps into the regular bag since you cannot have two bags in the same location right? When you take stuff from the hbag do not open another bag to do it. If you need multiple person access to the bag then just trade with them or use multiple keys. :hug: I am not sure if anyone asked but does opening an empty bag in the same spot as an open hbag force empty the contents of the hbag into the regular bag?

Tirun Collimdus Thanks for all of the great additions to the game Entropy and crew. You are doing a fantastic job. BTW alchemy god? Please? :icon13::) Either that or perception which could allow greater visual range or just better information on threat capacities of players and monsters. Hey it could also affect the range or success of those spells you talked about for finding the hyperspace bags. :)

Edited by TirunCollimdus

What I would like to know though is what happens when two bags with 10 items each are accidentally or puposefully put into the same location? Does this automatically turn it into a normal bag when you open it? Does one bag and the other stay closed? Does the server crash trying to combine 20 items into a 10 item space?

While playing around with the new bags, I did just that. I created a hyperspace bag with 10 different items, and then tried to create another bag with 10 more completely different items. The skull key is used up and nothing happens. The hyperspace bag stays hidden and the one I just tried to create stays put like a normal bag. So if you try to create a full hyperspace bag and it fails, it's a pretty good clue that your standing on top, so to speak, of a hyperspace bag.

Wouldn't make sense, since that is a dupe scenario.

<edit>

Not the one above, but this:

make bag

don't save

crash

bag and storage now have same contents.

Edited by RallosZek

Yes, under certain conditions items duplication (or lose) is possible.

So what? Is not like the server crashes every day.

The autosave after trades are to prevent this am I right?

The autosave after trades are to prevent this am I right?

It is designed to help people not lose stuff when the server crashes. However, if you read what Ent said, and was replying to... there are still certain circumstances where this won't work completely. The point is, its a step in the right direction.

Yes, it happened to me that my friend died but logged out before I could give back his stuff. So I just put it in storage. Then the server crashed. So, that stuff was lost. And there is no autosave at storage use, only at trade. So I have to save manually in these situations (actually he didn't lose anything expensive, but I lost lots of XP).

So I have to save manually in these situations (actually he didn't lose anything expensive, but I lost lots of XP).

It's still easier now than it was...everybody got what they were asking for.

No, but there are times where it is more likely and for some it pays off, to put a valuable item in a hyperbag and wait for the crash to happen (exploiting a bug IMO).

Secondly, I'd like to know all the risks involved before using something, so that's why I asked.