Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDesolator

Interguild messenger

Hi, today we had some issues with 2 members of our guild. We quickly muted them since they were spamming and insulting other guildmembers. Then, we received a couple of #IGs from those... Wich finally convinced us to kick them. But I still wondered: How could they reach us with #IG? Well I learned by a mod that it required a rank of 1. So here's my suggestion: Make #ig require a rank of at least 10 or something like that.

Thanks for reading

Hi, today we had some issues with 2 members of our guild. We quickly muted them since they were spamming and insulting other guildmembers. Then, we received a couple of #IGs from those... Wich finally convinced us to kick them. But I still wondered: How could they reach us with #IG? Well I learned by a mod that it required a rank of 1. So here's my suggestion: Make #ig require a rank of at least 10 or something like that.

Thanks for reading

Normally #ig is used to bother other guilds, and they respond with #ig_block

In this case, he meant that they could still talk to their guild, because all of the guild see's the #ig sent.

It'd probably be smart just to make #ig a command for rank 5.

I'd go with '#ig' requiring a higher guild-rank than '#gm'. Its one thing for players to talk within their guild, but with '#ig' you are in effect acting as representative for your guild to others. Rank 10 seems reasonable for this.

I'd go with '#ig' requiring a higher guild-rank than '#gm'. Its one thing for players to talk within their guild, but with '#ig' you are in effect acting as representative for your guild to others. Rank 10 seems reasonable for this.

I disagree, every guild member should be able to use #ig. It is nice to have a interguild chat will ALL members of another guild.

I disagree, every guild member should be able to use #ig. It is nice to have a interguild chat will ALL members of another guild.

so they're not trusted/whatever enough to talk to their own guild, yet they can represent the guild to other guilds?

I disagree. anywhere between 6-10 sounds appropriate to me for being able to #ig

plus the #ignore should be updated to work on #igs :dry:

Rank Ten sounds about right. I concur. If for some reason #ig needs to be below #gm then please set it at rank two. That way a guildmaster could set the rank of a guild member to 1 and have them not be able to chat at all. (Ive seen two cases of this already)

so they're not trusted/whatever enough to talk to their own guild, yet they can represent the guild to other guilds?

I disagree. anywhere between 6-10 sounds appropriate to me for being able to #ig

plus the #ignore should be updated to work on #igs :P

I trust all my guild mates... and all (TC) have at least 5 to be able to use #GM, I know we are not the only guild that does that :P ... so everyone who can use GM should be able to use #ig

blah devs will do what they want anyway ;)

Edited by LadyReni

I agree, Myself had some problems with members IG other guilds and spreading bad rep about our guild. They have since been removed from our guild but it was a pain that I could stop them from GM spamming the guild, yet no matter what I did, I couldn't stop them from IG ing another guild. Having the level set to #5 (same as GM) would make more sense.

If they aren't trusted in the guild, why are they there? :D

If they aren't trusted in the guild, why are they there? :D

That's exactly what I wanted to say, except that I would interject the words "the fuck" between "why" and "they"

Really, a guild is supposed to be a group of people that trust eachother.

plus the #ignore should be updated to work on #igs :devlish:

I trust all my guild mates... and all (TC) have at least 5 to be able to use #GM, I know we are not the only guild that does that :devlish: ... so everyone who can use GM should be able to use #ig

blah devs will do what they want anyway :D

that's exactly what I said

If they aren't trusted in the guild, why are they there? :brooding:

That's exactly what I wanted to say, except that I would interject the words "the fuck" between "why" and "they"

Really, a guild is supposed to be a group of people that trust eachother.

lol radu im not sure if you know this but i love you :huh:

anywho i think rank 10 is good cause well...gives people a sense of responsibility sides only useful ranks are 5,15,19,20 why not add another

I agree with Reni, Aisy, and Ent...why in the world would you let someoen into your guild if you didn't want them representing you? I can see no real reason to have #ig require a rank...maybe that's because I"m a rank 5 :brooding:

I agree with Reni, Aisy, and Ent...why in the world would you let someoen into your guild if you didn't want them representing you? I can see no real reason to have #ig require a rank...maybe that's because I"m a rank 5 :P

Ahhhh, but if they did put in a rank 10 for #ig's then surely you would be raised... ;-)

Still think #ig would fit well with level 5. I mean if you are allowed to #gm, you should be allowed to #ig, simple as that.

If they aren't trusted in the guild, why are they there? :P

notice the whatever? some guilds don't give rank 5 to all new members. the fact that people don't start with the ability to use #gm means that the GMs can set it up how they like. if you disagree with that, then have it changed to #gm is a rank 1 command. that's not the point in this thread though

so, I'll change it to make it clearer for those who missed it.

if they're not [whatever] enough to be able to send messages to only their own guild(#gm), why would they be able to send messages to their guild and another at the same time(#ig)?

clearer now?

Ttlan, we knew what you were saying before. However, WHY would you have someone in your guild that you don't want talking to other guildmembers? There still hasn't been a reason for this.

Ttlan, we knew what you were saying before. However, WHY would you have someone in your guild that you don't want talking to other guildmembers? There still hasn't been a reason for this.

just playing devils-advocate here but maybe they're still new to the guild and haven't quite acclimated to the guild attitude or don't know all of the guilds policies or procedures in certain situations

just playing devils-advocate here but maybe they're still new to the guild and haven't quite acclimated to the guild attitude or don't know all of the guilds policies or procedures in certain situations

Ok again then, why are they there in the first place if they don't fit in? It's a procedure to be able to talk to your own guild members? :P

The point is this: Why are you accepting somebody you don't want to talk to the rest of the guild yet? If you are that unsure about somebody, why accept them in the first place?

Ok again then, why are they there in the first place if they don't fit in? It's a procedure to be able to talk to your own guild members? :blink:

The point is this: Why are you accepting somebody you don't want to talk to the rest of the guild yet? If you are that unsure about somebody, why accept them in the first place?

because if they work out they'd b an asset - case in point where that failed is the situation that started this thread

Maybe I'm spoiled by a great guild...but if people were spamming our guild chat and insulting members, I'd demand that they be removed from the guild. On the other hand, if it's a temporary punishment, I can see making #ig require rank 5 just as #gm does.

Edited by Tanyia

My oppinion:

a) is normal for guildies to communicat through #ig

B) #ig is anyway a question of representativity

why not showing the guild_rank of someone when she/he #ig's to some other guild.

for instance (Dawn) Dawn Damned_Angel [15] blah blah blah

For me this would be helpfull to know the representativity in a guild of someone that is talking through #ig with me or my guildies (Very usefull for EL interaction)

Take care:-)

Edit: i had to edit due to emoticons that destroyed my B) ;-)))

Edited by Damned_Angel

if you think anyone in your guild should be able to use #gm, then you're arguing the wrong case. there are guilds who do not do this, and use #jc guild for chat. #gm is only for announcements. (I've been in one of them. have you?)

now, since you're arguing the wrong thing... stick to the real topic. that is, why should you be able to use #ig if you can't use #gm