Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New magic weapons (idea, need suggestions/feedbak)

good idea

Someone (sorry, forgot who) proposed a few days ago to make some magic weapons with spells embedded in them.

So I have an idea:

Make some weapons (for example the two magic staffs and some magic axes that are in the client but are not curently used) that will have some 'spells' embedded in them.

Basically, each magic item will have a chance (different chance/item) to cast a spell on the opponent when it hits.

I was thinking of the following spells:

1. Weaken: remove 5 attack and 5 defense (temporary, of couse).

2. Life steal

3. Mana steal

4. Stun (make the opponent lose a few combat turns)

5. ?

6. ?

7. ?

So, come up with ideas, and I would like to know if you would bitch if such weapons are implemented.

P.S. We will not sell those weapons for real money, and they will be manufacturable (with some very rare items).

P.P.S. This will get implemented after the cooldowns, so those leaving because of the cooldowns will miss this :)

im sorry but i do not think it is a good idead. who's this helping? pkers?

Edited by BANDET

I dont really think its cool for weapons to be able to do these things (stun, weaken, whatevr..)

but for every1 to be able to do them by using SKILLS... sub skills.. press/click on one of these sub skills you learnt by doing a quest at an NPC at C2 (?), you do some cool move and have a chance to Stun your opponent or something..

weapons already do enough damage compared to ones HP in this game. :)

weapons already do enough damage compared to ones HP in this game. B)

More than truth. Watching PKers getting/causing damages of 70 mps what is more than half of most of players maximum health level is fun, but it makes fighting less interesting.

thermal battle hammer = uber pwntage

or why not extend the battlehammer range? Steel, Titanium, any new metals that they want to put in the game *hint hint* Give them an Improved beefier look, maybe make them 2 handed?could be quite good, High Power, but low accuracy? I know this is kind of offtopic, but would be cool ^_^;

Edited by pennifuin

mirror images? someone going summon crasy is allready a clientside lag problem, i wonder what this will do...

nothing really, since the server-client communication only tells: "one char, mirrored three thousand times" instead of: "Char 1, Char 2, Char 3, ..., Char 3000" as with summoning.

My 2 cents. Many of these ideas sound like stuff from Diablo 2 (a very fun game at its time). Anyhow, what about a "Cloak of Darkness" which would not be a cape/cloak but rather just a spell attached to a weapon. The effect would be to make everything around the attacked person go pitch black. This could help people escape. I guess it would have to blackout the minimap too, so it might be difficult to do.

What about invisible weapons? Then your foe would not know what you were fighting with.

On a different note, I would like to see a "(invisible) titanium staff of skull cracking". :)

What about invisible weapons? Then your foe would not know what you were fighting with.

One problem. How would you be able to find it if you dropped it :D .

One problem. How would you be able to find it if you dropped it :icon8: .
I dunno. Maybe also include Joo Janta peril sensitive sunglasses.

Magic weapons could have a magic nexus req, but weapons could also have attribute requirements in addition to nexus req's. So a "titanium sword of anticipation" would require a high Perception (which I doubt too many people have bothered with), but would give a substantial defense bonus (as if you could predict their attack). A "steel shield of pursuasion" could have a high Charm requirement, but it would give a X% chance to disengage from a fight (good for those who want to travel and not pk). Or a "dagger of pursuasion" could allow you to steal something from a foe (I think something similar was previously mentioned).

Others..."X of metabolism" which would drain food and mana, but give you speed and higher dexterity.

Tradeoff weapons that would decrease one attribute, but increase another. "X of toughlove" that would decrease your health, but boost your Toughness (or vice versa).

Finally, the "holy hand grenade" would require a bunch of pre-req's. :)

Edited by 0ctane

I love the idea why dont u make an iron sword of earth or spirit or something cool like that? or maybe an invisible wepaon! perfect for PK'rs

Edited by peeper :)

Well i just fig. i would post this not sure if it matters or not but, why not make modable swords that become magic weapons repairable unlike the ones you buy from shop soo like new diff manuable magic weapons that can be repairable and the ones bought with usd$$ cant that would probably make new manu ones more valuable

i was wondering can we have a lightsaber as a new weapon, especially for the jedi guild as they are star wars related.

This is a joke right?

I am not really sure if this has been said or not but how about +1 to +5 wepons vs certain monsters. I know that there is the books for a bonus against certain monsters. Just a thought.