Eternal Lands Official Forums
Tropicano

Eternal Fantasy

haha....what do ya know. with my dial-up internet connection and only one phone-line in my house, i have always been looking for an offline EL to play when the phone needs to be open. Why didn't anyone think of this yet:D This sounds like a great idea and im sure it will turn out great. Im pretty close to an oldbie now id say, although i may be of the lesser know variety (lol), but im sure ill enjoy the game just as good as any. Tropicano, you have my full support and keep up the good work man :P

I can't wiat for the release :)

Ive gotten quite far in the making of the game.... still alot to do though.. and wont be able to work much in this weekend as ive got a job to show up to :D

i PuPpiFY ur asses!

looks like one of those games for Pokemon on a GameBoy...or from Zelda when it first came out on the Super Nintendo :omg:

but it looks fun ^_^

i'll probably try it out.

edit: btw...your puppies are sooooo cute :mace:

what breed are they?

-Kat

Edited by kat

dude can u add King_Michael and Iway as thieves or partners in crime or something:)

tho we never did it, it would be funny as km tried occasionally to pk n00bs.

Looks like FF3 :( Heck yes! What program did you use to make it? May I help? May I test? either way I would like to know what RPG program you used for it because I still need to make my RPG with all my high-school friends in it where I get to destroy the evil Enemy that stole my girlfriend! Muahaha! ...Ok umm. what program?

my harddrive crashed tonight... woke up and everything was frozen.. restarted just to not be able to return to windows.. tried to repair the installation with a winXP cd, just to see that something had fucked with the partition... all this being said, i had to throw away my HDD... and i lost the only version of this game im aware of... wich Sux!

Im gonna tare this computer apart... f.uck.

Arrgh, we really feel for you Trop. Such things sucks  ;)

205148[/snapback]

seeing that i lost everything ive done for the last couple of years... homepages, games, pics... logs... everything... yeah it sux. Ill survive though... once i get that piece of shit up and running again... Oooooh its gonna taste my fury.. f*ck it.

Try to check if it is not the RAM memory. I had the same problem, which turned out to be one of the RAM modules (I have 2x512 mb).

Its not them.. Ive had problems with them be4, but ive fixed all that a long time ago... The system even told me that I had 120gb free diskspace on C:... and when i went to bed 10 hours ago, i had 2gb free...

Save the HDD, you may still be able to recover information from it. Buy two new hard-drives and a RAID controler. Lay them in Raid 1. so next time a HDD goes out, you have another copy ;) Redundant drives save your life! :P

Save the HDD, you may still be able to recover information from it. Buy two new hard-drives and a RAID controler. Lay them in Raid 1. so next time a HDD goes out, you have another copy ;) Redundant drives save your life! :(

205268[/snapback]

yeah i know how raid works... never cared to try it out though, since you have to pay 2x the money for the same space :| and thats not really something i can afford at the moment. i got the computer up and running after loosing one drive and had to format the other one... bah

Trop, if you get a new hard drive and put windows on it, you maybe able to slave the old one to it, and if it falsely reported all that free sace, you may be able to retrieve the data from it.

Forget the CD, use Flash drives! Carry your game around in your pocket or on your keychain, I do. :D

Trop, if you get a new hard drive and put windows on it, you maybe able to slave the old one to it, and if it falsely reported all that free sace, you may be able to retrieve the data from it.

205334[/snapback]

Since i couldnt even format the drive and since it made a squeeky noise constantly i dont think that would work.. And seeing that i already smashed it with a sledgehammer while roaming in nordic mytology - no thats not gonna work. thanks for the idea though :P

Since i couldnt even format the drive and since it made a squeeky noise constantly i dont think that would work.. And seeing that i already smashed it with a sledgehammer while roaming in nordic mytology - no thats not gonna work. thanks for the idea though :hehe:

205518[/snapback]

Nice, Thor the computer-repairman? :P

Looking good ... can't wait to see it hehe :D

205567[/snapback]

Yeah well... if you read the entire post you would see that ive lost the game in a computer crash... however: all is not lost, im thinking about re-making the game - and this time with some help from at least one other EL-oldbie :icon13: And even if the program itself got lost, ive learnd a great deal in using RPG XP when developing the 1st version of EF.. so hopefully this version will evolve faster and be better ;) just sad that i couldnt show you guys a playable version of it and get some feedback..

Ouch.... I know how it feels, mate. I've lost my map files once (yes, the official ones), and I had to do a system restore to get it back.

But your PC crashed... sheesh..

well, good luck with it! May god give you patients! :D

- SisteMa`

well i surely look forward to this little RPGame (am i somewhere in it aswell? ^^)

also i'm offring to test it if you need any more testers

(sorry bout the crash too trop)

May god give you patients! :mace:

- SisteMa`

205709[/snapback]

May god give you a bigger sledgehammer so that your new harddrive would be too scared to repeat the crime of its predecessor. :icon13:

You did mean "patience" right? :smartass:

Edited by Lord_Nightmare