Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
littlebro2

Text command #goto

Hi,

It would be very handy to be able to type in coordinates using a command like "#goto 100,100" and have your character walk to that spot on the current map(or as close as possible).

Since we use coordinates a lot especially during invance and instance, every second counts and when I have to click on the map and then find the coordinates using the mouse, it can be time consuming as well as dangerous! It would also be useful when I have placed a hyperbag at that location.

Would be lovely if I could just command my character to walk there using the keyboard. If that location is blocked, ie someone else is standing in it etc, then a nice message that says: "path blocked" or something and the command is then cancelled and stops.

Thanks for the consideration!

lb2

For a very brief time in EL history we did have that.

It was removed intentionally.

I doubt it will come back.

it would be nice if it would be considered again (if possible) for just the invance map. he makes a good point about having to pull up the map to check coords being dangerous. not sure if something like that can be applied on a map by map basis tho.

For dangerous, there's the minimap, which shows any creatures near by (it stays visible in map mode); and for the hyper bags there's markers.

I can also see how a #goto command would make macroing a lot easier, though...

Lets give the minimap then a show coord window, where if you scroll over it get the coord of theplace you go shown

and if not with the mouse over the minimap the coords where you are right now

well, the idea sounds good, but i guess revi has the point...

the minimap showing coords is a far better idea,

that would be a great help to navigate :fire:

if then it could be made that if you type in the coords into the mini map coord window, the minimap would show area around the coords (center would be best but an random off center would still be good for players and hinder macro people) it would be fantastic

How about an option to show your current coordinates under the compass in the bottom right?

I also like vinoveritas's idea in post #7 for the minimap.