Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ateh

invasion tokens

how many do we need to put the cockatrices back into willowvine ?

thanks to whoever decided they wanted them in Kusamura , nice choice

Lool MM cape ftw, and Trice's have a lower ignore level than the fchims that used to be in kusa. So think of it as for the past few months harvers have had a safe free holiday :medieval:

But seriously I didnt move them, but I can understand why people did. WV is pretty bad for trying to train them

oh btw how many tokens to move them EVTR :)

i think last time radu talked about the invis tokens he said only Forst and Mountain chims could be changed :medieval:

IIRC that was for stat changes TK

Same, 2 per cock.

IIRC that was for stat changes TK

Yep.

I thought a general idea is to make C2 maps to be used more, not less .. go figure

Adding two additional cockas to WV (less searching in the woods on such a large map) -> pr0

Adding two to KJ -> phail (absolutely no benefit for anyone)

Edit: my question has been answered while I was typing, so was no longer making sense, thanks :-)

Edited by Cruella

You must be 'intellectually challenged' if you believe that someone would pay for soemthing he gets no benefit out of.

You must be 'intellectually challenged' if you believe that someone would pay for soemthing he gets no benefit out of.

I believe there is a lot of people who would pay a fortune just to piss others off, I call them maybe not 'intellectually challenged' but 'not community oriented' for a lack of better acceptable term.

I believe there is a lot of people who would pay a fortune just to piss others off, I call them maybe not 'intellectually challenged' but 'not community oriented' for a lack of better acceptable term.

Well maybe finding out who wanted them moved and for why would help before jumping to conclusions no ?

edit: Yes I do know both answers and it wasnt done to "piss ppl off" , but I can see why people would do it after unfounded remarks like the above post

Edited by conavar

No, because this is not conclusion, just opinion.

This person has a right to have his own why it was good, I have a right to have mine why it is bad. We do not have to agree.

IMO, for whatever reason it has been done, it is not beneficial for majority of players and EL as a whole. Comparing potential benefits it gives to one or few individuals to real consequences for all those who were using KJ on regular basis so far doesn't impress me. That's why I was asking how to revert that, got my answer, kkthxbb

real consequences for all those who were using KJ on regular basis so far doesn't impress me. That's why I was asking how to revert that, got my answer, kkthxbb

Before I start im not trying to argue or turn the post into useless flame fest :)

What are the "real consequences"? because imo any can easily be avoided. Players harvest in MM capes everyday in various spots aroud EL, so does adding trices to kusa make this any worse ?

All it seems to me is people crying that they might need to wear MM cape while harvesting their iron

Edited by conavar

it is prolly very cool for the 80/80 capped arena there.

fun when a trice gets there and kills your enemy or you.

I know it wasn't used alot, but now it prolly never will be.

also severall people like(d) to harv silver there, it takes twice as long without exca cause you got to wear mmcape due to trices, better to harv it somewhere else now.

and as soon as I get my hands on invatokens, I'll ask radu to move them somewhere else, most likely just back to where they were.

Okay, my understanding of consequences is as follows:

- it makes WV to have 2 cockas LESS, therefore for those few hunting there more walking on this large map to find targets

- if it turns up that cockas frequently visit iron and silver deposits in KJ, majority of people harving there will move back to other harving locations. Be serious, no point to mine iron and silver in MM cape on a map without a sto when better locations exist

- adding iron and silver to Kusa was a part of a plan to make C2 maps to be more used. This action goes against that. How many players adding 2 cockas to KJ can attract to this map? In my opinion no more than 2 (one per spawn). How many players might no longer be interested in regular visits in KJ? I have impression that dozens per day mine there. It is possible that silver miners will move to Trass and iron miners to SRM now. There will be basically 2 cockas and 2 fighters on that map, plus maybe some guys with MM perk

Although Conavar has a point about avoiding creatures with MM, so has others with the benefit ratio.

2 more cockatrices would be better in WVF to make a high A/D map a little more crowded with creatures, while moving them to KJ means both maps will get used less, because of greater spread of creatures in total. Think about it...

Although Conavar has a point about avoiding creatures with MM, so has others with the benefit ratio.

2 more cockatrices would be better in WVF to make a high A/D map a little more crowded with creatures, while moving them to KJ means both maps will get used less, because of greater spread of creatures in total. Think about it...

I think the problem a few people have with WV is that it is to crowded .... with tree's........ Making the map very laggy, which isnt great for training (not hunting) trices.With the a/d of players increasing everyday ( top 200 is now well over 100 a/d when it used to be 80's), making the higher end mobs more trainable is a must (or you end up with a back log at feros etc)

And despite my sarcasm I agree that maybe a better map than kusa could be found, but just plonking them back in WV solves nothing

edit: now just to get the fchim's moved :)

Edited by conavar

Well, all I can say is that for the last few days I was spending hours per day in WV and I have seen there just 2-3 other players. There was no lag, I admit trees make this map difficult, but for me as a ranger difficulties are way biigger than for a/d trainer (all those "no line of fire messages") and despite of that I was doing quite well. The biggest problem was to locate targets, which will be worse now. My friend was bashing trices easy, getting nice a/d exp while hunting, not training :-P

Again, this is another attempt to make few a/d trainers happier at the cost of 2 maps being less used. You have got increased feros, fluff, ogre spawns recently, but it is never enough and I guess it will never end until you get to the a/d cap (forgive my irony ;-) )

Well, all I can say is that for the last few days I was spending hours per day in WV and I have seen there just 2-3 other players.

. The biggest problem was to locate targets, which will be worse now. My friend was bashing trices easy, getting nice a/d exp while hunting, not training :-P

Again, this is another attempt to make few a/d trainers happier at the cost of 2 maps being less used.

Ermmmm you have just said you have only seen 2-3 other players in WV in a few days and you are worried about making the map less used :) lmao ,that kinda proves the point that trices (and chims) need moving to a more trainable map

But like i said I agree maybe KJ isnt the best place for the good of the "whole" players base (not just a few trainers or harvers)

given a choice I would either

a ) move bethel clops to melinis and replace them with trices

or

b ) put the trices in eastern arius (afaik most harvestable commonly used by players are closed off from the main map)

Edited by conavar

Well, all I can say is that for the last few days I was spending hours per day in WV and I have seen there just 2-3 other players.

. The biggest problem was to locate targets, which will be worse now. My friend was bashing trices easy, getting nice a/d exp while hunting, not training :-P

Again, this is another attempt to make few a/d trainers happier at the cost of 2 maps being less used.

Ermmmm you have just said you have only seen 2-3 other players in WV in a few days and you are worried about making the map less used :) lmao ,that kinda proves the point that trices (and chims) need moving to a more trainable map

by moving them you made kusa less used, there will now be a maximum of 2 trainers on that map and a few harvers with mmcape or so strong that they get ignored by trice(not many...).

before the trice you could easily spot 5 harvers alone at the silver!

and prolly some more at the iron. lots of ppl like to do en essies in kusa too. now it's not possible for them anymore.

But like i said I agree maybe KJ isnt the best place for the good of the "whole" players base (not just a few trainers or harvers)

given a choice I would either

a ) move bethel clops to melinis and replace them with trices

or

b ) put the trices in eastern arius (afaik most harvestable commonly used by players are closed off from the main map)

imo willowvine is just perfect for them, and no arius isn't closed off to the east, they can walk across a bridge there.(and storage is on main map)

Edited by Light Lan

Ermmmm you have just said you only have only seen 2-3 other players in WV in a few days and you are worried about making the map less used :) lmao ,that kinda proves the point that trices need moving.

That's my dear because there is TOO LITTLE creatures on this huge map, and they are spreaded across the woods. So instead of lyao, think a little - when you removed 2 more cockas, even less people will go to WV. This map would be awesome for rangers and fighter/ranger teams if more creatures were there. Anyway, I hope the "whole" players base will fix that soon. This way a/d fighters will benefit anyway by selling their invasion tokens to us :medieval:

If you want to change something, there is an option to do so. But you will have to use your own invasion tokens for it, not those that belong to someone else.

So don't complain about decisions others make, you have the chance to do the same.

ProHibited

Ermmmm you have just said you only have only seen 2-3 other players in WV in a few days and you are worried about making the map less used :) lmao ,that kinda proves the point that trices need moving.

That's my dear because there is TOO LITTLE creatures on this huge map, and they are spreaded across the woods. So instead of lyao, think a little - when you removed 2 more cockas, even less people will go to WV. This map would be awesome for rangers and fighter/ranger teams if more creatures were there. Anyway, I hope the "whole" players base will fix that soon. This way a/d fighters will benefit anyway by selling their invasion tokens to us :medieval:

Actually, having 2 on a different map is better for training. Let me explain something to you, that you may not understand:

To 'train' a creature, you need to know its spawn point. In the case of cockatrice the respawn time is about 100 seconds, so you need 2 spawn to get decent exp off them. Now, the problem with 5-6 spawns is, all cockatrice look the same, so when you kill one you have no idea which one you killed, and therefore have no idea where it will respawn... this can be frustrating if you can't find the right ones. Now that there are 2 in Kusa, you know when you've killed 2, exactly where they will respawn, and if you kill one at its spawn point, you know its the one that spawns there, not a random wanderer.

In Willowvine, you had to wander around and hope to find random cockatrice to kill, since you couldn't effectively pin them to a certain spawn point, unless you are very lucky, or have someone helping you. Now that there are less cockatrice, this task will be easier to accomplish.

As for people not being able to harv silver/iron closer to storage, too bad, there are many, MANY more maps with silver/iron. If you want the advantage of being closer to the storage, wear MM cape or go train a/d for a month or 2 and get the required ignore level.

Edited by St_Arcane

As for people not being able to harv silver/iron closer to storage, too bad, there are many, MANY more maps with silver/iron. If you want the advantage of being closer to the storage, wear MM cape or go train a/d for a month or 2 and get the required ignore level.

Sweet! Only a month or two until trices and I can harv silver in KJ again!! :)