Eternal Lands Official Forums
crusadingknight

[ Patch #225 ] Quickbar Window Manipulation Patch.

Well, since Aislinn requesteed it, I made a patch like this. Screenshots are on http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...topic=8389&st=0

Currently:

#qbar unlocks (makes draggable+adds title bar)/locks (removes draggable + title bar)

#qbar_align flips it (Horizontal -> Vertical/ Vertical -> Horizontal)

#qbar_reset sets everything quickbar related to their default values.

(Not really much programmming done by me anyway so far).

Looks interesting and useful. I'll take a closer look tomorrow. Changes could i.e. be holding mouse button down for 2 seconds would make it draggable and the like - I somehow don't like the idea of having commands for manipulating windows.

But in the future, please remember to cvs up before cvs diff'ing ;-)

OK, improved the patch:

http://bjorn_mm.users.whitehat.dk/elc_patches/quickbar.diff

You'll toggle draggability by pressing ctrl+leftclick on the quickbar.

You'll toggle vertical and horisontal mode by pressing shift+leftclick on the quickbar.

You'll reset the quickbar when pressing ctrl+shift+leftclick on the quickbar.

Quickbar position, direction and draggability are saved to el.cfg (3 ints).

Should I merge this?

ahhhhh its not usable yet... :D (sorry, this stuff is most definitely NOT my forte)

Ask Pip to build a client for ya ;-)

Cvs up? I just did... :D ...is there a lag between developer and public?

BTW, I'm surprised nobody noticed that I forgot to erm...uh...diff console.c :)

lol

Cvs up? I just did...  :D ...is there a lag between developer and public?

BTW, I'm surprised nobody noticed that I forgot to erm...uh...diff console.c  :)

lol

Hmm, it was undoing the patch for help messages:

void show_help(char *help_message, int x, int y)
{
 Uint8 str[125];
-	int len=strlen(help_message)*8+1;
-	int width=window_width-80;
-	
-	if(x+len>width) x-=(x+len)-width;
+	int len=strlen(help_message);

glColor4f(0.0f,0.0f,0.0f,0.5f);
 glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
@@ -559,8 +560,8 @@
 glBegin(GL_QUADS);
 glVertex3i(x-1,y+15,0);
 glVertex3i(x-1,y,0);
-	glVertex3i(x+len,y,0);
-	glVertex3i(x+len,y+15,0);
+	glVertex3i(x+1+len*8,y,0);
+	glVertex3i(x+1+len*8,y+15,0);
 glEnd();

glDisable(GL_BLEND);
}

Pip: It's entirely up to Cicero, Learner and Entropy whether we'd have such a feature. It may be called an unnecissary feature, but as it is now it'd be quite useful to many players imho - but we still have to think about not adding too many features to the client.

Learner intentionally made the quickbar so that this was possible, but didn't actually allow it. I think he or Ent should make the call on this one.

I don't really see any purpose for this patch, since the quickbar looks better where it currently is (so it won't take any space in the scene area). But if people like floating bars, and provided this behaviour is disabeld by default, I guess it's OK to make it part of the official client.

I don't really see any purpose for this patch, since the quickbar looks better where it currently is (so it won't take any space in the scene area). But if people like floating bars, and provided this behaviour is disabeld by default, I guess it's OK to make it part of the official client.

It may look better but it isn't very functional where it is (sorry :P)

Yay!!! Thanks :P (How soon? really really soon???? :D )

Added to CVS.

#relocate_quickbar = 1/0

Per default it's not relocatable.

hmm, i see that the screenshot showing of the system have two quickbars (most likely the magic quickbar patch). does this patch include a working magic quickbar so that we finaly have that in the cvs? after the latest update im haveing a hard time getting that patch to work (missing magic quickbar, some interference with this quickbar patch and so on).

Nope, it's has not been implemented yet... I think we need to discuss how it should be implemented first, as it should imho be possible to add new spells to the server without having players downloading a new file with descriptions etc.

hmm, i see that the screenshot showing of the system have two quickbars (most likely the magic quickbar patch). does this patch include a working magic quickbar so that we finaly have that in the cvs? after the latest update im haveing a hard time getting that patch to work (missing magic quickbar, some interference with this quickbar patch and so on).

Nope, the manipulation patch is only that it may MANIPULATE the magic quickbar, not add it. :\

OK, improved the patch:

http://bjorn_mm.users.whitehat.dk/elc_patches/quickbar.diff

You'll toggle draggability by pressing ctrl+leftclick on the quickbar.

You'll toggle vertical and horisontal mode by pressing shift+leftclick on the quickbar.

You'll reset the quickbar when pressing ctrl+shift+leftclick on the quickbar.

Quickbar position, direction and draggability are saved to el.cfg (3 ints).

Should I merge this?

You need some quickkeys ...I don't like haveing to grab a potion to alter quickbar appearance. ;)

You need some quickkeys ...I don't like haveing to grab a potion to alter quickbar appearance. ;)

How often do you alter your quickbars appearance? :) For most people it will only be a few times when playing around with the placement.

How often do you alter your quickbars appearance? :) For most people it will only be a few times when playing around with the placement.

But then I have to figure out which slot the potion goes back in, lol. :)

Nope, it's has not been implemented yet... I think we need to discuss how it should be implemented first, as it should imho be possible to add new spells to the server without having players downloading a new file with descriptions etc.

best bet there is to just have the quickbar save the sequence without worrying about it being a spell or not. only problem then is to apply a nice icon or something in the quickbar. hmm, can we get the client to do a nice blend of the sigils in use? damn, this was harder then it first looked. ok, looks like we need to discuss it but dont forget that the client will have a autodownload system some time in the future (cicero have allready layed down the groundworks right?).

Auto download requires write rights... That will be a problem in most *nix-systems. It's just not as simple as we would want it to be with the current implementation :-).

thats a sysadmins problem in my view (set up a directory with its own group ownership and just stuff all the gamers into the same group or something like that). who the hell installs a game like this for multiuser use anyways?

Maybe it would be better to make a larger border around it.

It only flips after clicking in the slots or on the thin lines.

If all slots are full you are tending to drag an item out of it.

With a bit larger border there is more space to click on only the border.