Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fred_penner

Shrink The Inventory Window

I always thought the inventory window was too big and blocked too much of the window when playing, so I mod'ed the client so the main inventory items are the same size as the items you're wearing. Here's a screen shot:

screen_shot1.jpg

I'll post the code if anyone wants it, but it's really simple. I just thought I'd point this out incase anyone else felt the same way, and maybe the devs might consider revamping this window to make it more compact. Even my redesign is still wasteful with space, but it's my first attempt. B)

Actually, it works fine for up to 4 numbers. After that, they do bleed into the next cell. But that happens on any window where the image is 32x32 (look at the manu window). And how often does anyone carry more than 10k of anything (other than richies, and F them - snobs).

If you make the equipment and quantity slots 8x2 grids rather than 2x8 grids, you can make the window even smaller.

-Lyn-

It looks not good Fredd. Anyway I have suggestion here:

http://el.platinum.linux.pl/pics/misc/inv.png

It will require make that window a little wider and it will looks nice with current tables configuration.

Regards.

yeah and you also want the picture to look nice..if it gets too small then it's too hard to see..well..that's if you like pictures :P

Hmz, true, but how about remove item description and under right click just put item name?

And if someone wants description he may click on it with eye icon and get description send on console...

Anyway if I may choose between current state and Fredd's suggestions I prefer current state.

Regards.

what would be the point in removing the space for the description? I mean, it's not like it'd be THAT smaller...besides guys, you have the quickbar now..so it' snot like you have to have your inv open and that it's taking up so much space for you to play the game.

To be honest...I am not using quickbar its location is not so comfortable, it would be nice if you could

drag it in your favorite location and make it horizontal or vertical. ;-P

Anyway about inventory - I already told I like current idea more than Fred's propostion. :)

Regards.

To be honest...I am not using quickbar its location is not so comfortable, it would be nice if you could

drag it in your favorite location and make it horizontal or vertical. ;-P

Yes, if you did this with the quickbar, it would be usable and then it wouldn't matter about the size of the inventory window. I don't use the quick bar either for the exact reason teh banned 0n3na said...and I also would like it moved. :rolleyes:

If you really want to make it dashy, add a button to the inventory window to fold/unfold it to and back from a quickbar state.

i have no problem with the size of the inventory or the placement of the quickbar (hell i use key combos most of the time). the only thing missing for the quickbar in my view is the ability to have a empty potion be replaced by a full one.