Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vartican

0oo new forum

Note that this is different forum software! We're very lucky we were able to copy over the users and posts. A phpBB skin simply won't work. I'll look to see if there's any Invision skins we can use in the meantime though.

Note that this is different forum software! We're very lucky we were able to copy over the users and posts. A phpBB skin simply won't work. I'll look to see if there's any Invision skins we can use in the meantime though.

I know PHPBB skin will not work. Anyway I was thinking about enable few skins for people to chose

from - I was option like that in profile managment.

Regards.

For the time being, let's not worry about the skins.

Besides, this forum also looks like a KDE skin :unsure:

Nah, KDE skins look much better :blink:

For the time being, let's not worry about the skins.

Besides, this forum also looks like a KDE skin :unsure:

Yeah it looks exactly like Keramik. Not my style anyway. ;-D

Anyway that forum has alot more modest style than PHPBB so I like it.

Regards.

It seems to have a decent skinning engine, I posted some info in the Visual Art section. I think there won't be too much trouble remaking the skin.

Good to have the forums back online... Are you revealing any info on how the hacker came in on the phpBB2 forums? Just poor password policy or an exploit? Went immediately to the Security page on phpBB2, but didn't see any recent exploits...

Argh - my avatar needs a resize :0)

Good to have the forums back online... Are you revealing any info on how the hacker came in on the phpBB2 forums? Just poor password policy or an exploit? Went immediately to the Security page on phpBB2, but didn't see any recent exploits...

Argh - my avatar needs a resize :0)

From that I've seen (I had enought time to look up) he exploited one of PHPBB

vulnerabities that allows unauthorized person gain membership in group "Moderators".

So he could remove threads (what he was doing like we could see) but couldn't do

anything else like removing sections or remove backup of DB - I think this is the

reason why we have almost whole forum back. I am preety sure it was that

vulnerabity.

Regards.

Ummm what exactly happened to the old forums and mess because I missed alot of that...... :unsure: *also notices that he has lost 300 posts....oh well life goes on*

Hmm who ate option to delete posts?

Regards.

OK, I am goign to be completely honest so please dont' get mad at me...i'm only stating my opinion.

First off, I don't like Invision board...phpBB can do anythigna and eveyrhtrign that phpbb baord could do plus more with a few phpbb mods. Additoanlly...200 a year is a rip off!

Next off...I realy don't understand the poitn of getting invision board. I mean...you think you woudl jsut kind of expect someone to try to hack phpbb espeically when it is almost a year old version! I mean come on...blame phpbb for the searuity problem! You had version 2.0.6...there have been a ton of searity vulnrablitiles and explorits fixed, and now there is a version 2.0.10. Also...phpbb2.2 will be comming out soon and will probally be way better than invision board rigt "out of the box" and for free.

OK...so I am a phpbb fan...but getting invision board to solve seqrity [problems was just stupid (especially with the price tag). You are goign to STILL have to update it (and I realy hope you do...I hat seeing sites go down)...no program is perfect and there is no perfect programer. If you thought you coudl have a almsot year old version of phpbb and be safe, that is rediculus.

Anyways, that was just my two cents. Please don't get mad at me :P

P.S. As for the thigna bout everyoen liking the smileys...i hope eveyone knows that you can but these same smileys in PHPbb :P .

So u guys couldn't get all the mindless General chat junk that i had almost 300 posts worth in??

I think what happen was version compatability problems...i had this same problem with my forums kind of. I had a database made for like phpbb 2.0.8 and then there was server problems. restoring the database onto a 2.0.10 board gave me SQL errors that I didne't feel like fixign manually. Now, having the server admin upload the huge SQL backup file manually was a way I could overcome the errors...but when you use a converter made for 2.0.10 forums and not 2.0.6 forums you can run into problems.

Chatterbug, so far our experience of Invision's board is that it's much better than phpBB.

We can actually keep it for free, but Ent likes it so much I think he's going to pay for it anyway.

The reason we lost those posts had nothing to do with the database import, it was because the backup was made after they had been deleted.

In summary, STFU. :P

Yes, this forum is FAR better than PhpBB, it's free (if you don't need tech support and some other really fancy features), and it's 200/life, not/year. And it has far less exploits than PhpBB does.

this forum is awesome!!!!!!! you can ahve 2000 cahracters in your interests!!! i used all 2000, and im plannning on using 200 for my location too =D

this forum is awesome!!!!!!! you can ahve 2000 cahracters in your interests!!! i used all 2000, and im plannning on using 200 for my location too =D

lemme guess.... ur gonna use all 300 characters for the sig? you sicken me mike.

Yay, this has even better looks than the php forum! Nice one ent! And yea vart, much better smileys :P

But my avatar looks goofy x.x