Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vinoveritas

Changes to Day of Print

As its right now a day of print and i allready am reading something i thought, the day of print only helps people who do not read at that day, and then starts a book and get lucky, so 5 minutes after using the day, all player will have nothing from the Special day.

How about we change the Day of print, that instead of instant reading, the reading speed will be 5 times higher then usual outside fast reading rooms, and 10 times as fast in the fast reading rooms. This would enable people to read faster, long books, and it will be a special day for all 6 hours. (if its not enough bonus you can add a no food requirement, like for the healing day)

This sounds interesting, I think it would be better to have this option instead of the instant read. Kinda like a world wide FRR :P Wow this board is messing with me a lot today! lol

I like the suggestion. As it is right now, I've played for several years and I seriously can't remember ever benefiting from this day because its a one shot chance at getting an entire book read...

Every time I can remember, I have already been reading a large book when the day starts, or I buy a book and start it without getting lucky :D

Could we keep the change of instant reading, but add the faster reading? Then if you fail, you have a chance to try again as you won't waste the entire day on that one book.

Could we keep the change of instant reading, but add the faster reading? Then if you fail, you have a chance to try again as you won't waste the entire day on that one book.

This would be the ultimate version of the #day and I was thinking the same thing but figured it might be asking for a bit too much but at the same time why not. The highest amount I have managed to instant read during this #day is 3 and that's once since the day the #day was added, most of the time its just a fail and get stuck on a book to read for the duration of the #day.

Once I read 5 manu xp books on Day of Print (ran out on manu books that day). The addition of FRR globally to this day sounds great but prefer to leave the ability of instant reading too.

Not sure what factors into chance of reading a book instantly but helped an anti- customer buy Engineering books (he was with me purchasing) and he got 4 or 5 books in a row instantly. I have never got a long book instantly but have gotten a few shorter books at which point I hurried to reading room and quaffed potions of reasoning and will to boost reading speed hoping to finish and catch another instant read.

IMO if speed reading is added to the effects of the Day of the Print then it should those inside and outside FRRs equally (i.e. multiple by factor of 2 meaning x2 outside and x10 inside). Perhaps the multiplier should be random like the experience increase on Scholars Day.

IMO if speed reading is added to the effects of the Day of the Print then it should those inside and outside FRRs equally (i.e. multiple by factor of 2 meaning x2 outside and x10 inside). Perhaps the multiplier should be random like the experience increase on Scholars Day.

That sounds great, Instant read with FRR function that varies in the amount of times you read faster. No idea what chance it is to instant read a book now but as seen here it varies a lot but if needed it might be tweaked a bit just to fit in the FRR function in the #day.