Eternal Lands Official Forums

I think it would be awesome if we would have lances in game that can only be used when you are on a horse. So we can see more horses in action ;)

Stats:

1. When used on other player on horse

Damage: 60

Crit to hit: 50%

Crit to dam: 75%

50% chance to loose lance

2. When used on non-mounted player/critter:

Crit to hit: 75%

I made the chance to break this high, cause it is not ment as a permanent fighting weapon but more of a first strike weapon.

If implemented, I can see tournaments with knights jousting on horses like in the medevil times :)

21978500375.jpg

Disclaimer: This post is ment as a concept, the numbers I used are completely fictional

I would like lances and jousting to be put in as JUST a fun activity. NO need for it to be a weapon.

That would work aswell, but there should be some message so that you'd know who'd won a point.

The Damage, Crit to hit, Crit to damage all seem too high.

If someone is on a horse, their horse may end up getting killed. If I had a lance the same length as my opponent's lance, I would aim for the horses throat so the horse will throw its rider. People taking out the horse of a rider is also pretty common.

Just figured I would mention this before you bring horses into PK.

As for the jousting tournament idea, that could be done on a special piece of a map and would be kind of cool. An NPC could even take bets...but that would be a bit complex to set up.

As for the jousting tournament idea, that could be done on a special piece of a map and would be kind of cool. An NPC could even take bets...but that would be a bit complex to set up.

+ 1

Edited by Affliction

+ 1

(if we post for the sake of posting it I will express my feeling of despisal for adding "+1" and leaving it at this)

jousting tournaments could be an interesting way to get a little gold out of the game. 2 players pay to have a tournament, the winner gets a % of the entry fee as a prize, the rest of the entry fee poofs out of the game. Maybe there could even be 'jousting pki' and a leader board like the current pki used to (still does?) have.

Stats:

Maybe add some chance to dismount opponent?

Edited by learg

Maybe add some chance to dismount opponent?

Yeah, the horse got poked in the eye with the lance and got upset and threw the rider off and screaming with a high pitched tone while running away!

I like the idea and it would be cool if you could knock the opponent off too.

The original idea is nice. Of course it should be in PK. How cool would that look in an arena with an audience!

That said, I don't like the extrapolations that followed with injured/dead horses and cries of pain and getting poked in the eye. Ick. :pinch:

I think it would be awesome if we would have lances in game that can only be used when you are on a horse. So we can see more horses in action ;)

Stats:

+1 but ...

Make the lance only wearable while on horse.