Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lexi

Large Spider Daily Quest (NPC : Serpa)

Hi, today I got the Large Spider quest as my Haidir daily. I went to Serpa in Naralik, she told me to kill 30 Large Spiders, but after only the 21st, the message for the completion of the quest pops up, and continues to do it after each one (like what normally happens when doing a quest). She does accept it at 21 spiders, so either the quest count needs editing or her text does.

Hi, today I got the Large Spider quest as my Haidir daily. I went to Serpa in Naralik, she told me to kill 30 Large Spiders, but after only the 21st, the message for the completion of the quest pops up, and continues to do it after each one (like what normally happens when doing a quest). She does accept it at 21 spiders, so either the quest count needs editing or her text does.

I wonder if perhaps you got credit for spiders you killed before talking to Haidir. I figure that is possible too.

hmm, i had this on tigers too, got 29 killed and got the 'got all' msg,

but 21 when you need 30, thats a huge difference...

btw, when i range the creatures and i kill them out of sight, they are not on my

counter, but counting for quest...

hmm, i had this on tigers too, got 29 killed and got the 'got all' msg,

btw, when i range the creatures and i kill them out of sight, they are not on my

counter, but counting for quest...

That's just a problem with the counters, which are client-side with no server support. They only guess things, the server knows what really happened.

As for 21 instead of 30, are you sure you didn't kill 9 before you went to talk to Serpa for the first time? They would count too.

well, nope...i collected every tiger fur, and i had only 29, the counter was showing 31 :confused:

sometimes, el just has a hiccup ;)

-oh, forgott to say this is a bit ago, but today i see sometimes 'counterhiccups' but rare

Edited by wuffzel

Lexi did you kill any large spiders in Narlik after you talked to Haidir and before you talked to Serpa?

You don't have to talk to the NPC when you get a quest from Haidir so if you kill the creatures you are supose too those are counted for the quest even if you kill some before you talk to the NPC Haidir sent you to.

Edited by Entris

No, I did not, I went straight to the NPC because I was afraid that it wouldn't count ( I didn't know it would at the time :P)

Ok i got large spiders from Haidir today, i went straight to Serpa and talked to her (cleared my counters and not killed any spiders at all since i logged on) I got the pop up right after i killed the 30th spider so no bug for me.

Ok i got large spiders from Haidir today, i went straight to Serpa and talked to her (cleared my counters and not killed any spiders at all since i logged on) I got the pop up right after i killed the 30th spider so no bug for me.

yep, in most cases the counters are ok for me, but rare times they aren't,

nothing specific, just like a hiccup...

yep, in most cases the counters are ok for me, but rare times they aren't,

nothing specific, just like a hiccup...

Yeah i know that the counters are off sometimes but never been off with more then 1 for me and in this case it is 9 less, this time i counted em with the counter and it worked as if should.

It wasn't even the counters though, I completely the quest relatively fast, I normally count on haidir in my head, even giving or taking a couple (in case I totally went insane) didn't add up :)

It doesn't seem to be an ongoing problem though, so doubt it could be repeated to find the "bug".

Is it possible that animals of the appropriate type killed after the previous Haidir quest is cashed in could count towards the quest?

When is the Haidir quest goal determined?

If you cash in a Haidir quest, does the server record what the next quest is at that time or when you talk to Haidir to find out what the next quest is?

I figure these are probably questions only Radu/Entropy could answer, but it could help determine if there could be a bug or misunderstanding outside of counter hiccups.

I did that daily as well..and I only had to do 29 and I was thinking "wtf?" so yeah..and I definately know that I didn't kill any large spiders after talking to Haidir and before talking to Serpa.

I don't know if this helps any... but I remember that day I was "calling" them to me with the mana drain spell. Could that confuse the quest perhaps? I know mana drain can't really Kill the creature, but thought perhaps it could help...

Anyway, when I get it again, I'll be sure to test it with mana drain, see if it occurs again.

for me its totally random on which creature....

but the difference is only about one counter point max was 2 iirc ,

never saw more then that for me.

i register it 1st time with tigers, that i ranged cause i was too weak to fight them.

i counted them by the dropped furs i collected

bur even today there are time i get the msg 1 creature too early...

maybe its my slow connection ? 137 ms best ping usually around 250 ms.

or someone fighting same creature and 'his/her' kill is counted on mine ?

well nothing serious for me :)