Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
learg

"Mix all" for summoning

I wonder why "MIX ALL" button doesn't work when you summon instant :/ It could help in training when u have to summon e.g. 100 creatures. It's annoying when you have to click every time:/ What do you think about it?

Edited by learg

Actually, deliberately using a mix all button to summon 50 rats couldnt conceivably be done accidently, since, as the first few "mixes" occur, you have time to reclick the mix button and STOP it from continuing to mix, so someone deliberately doing it would be even more guilty by allowing it to do all 50 rats. There'd be no way they could use the "misclick" defence. A few mixes yes, since even the slowest reactions need time to reclick the button and stop it, but not a whole batch.....?

Actually, deliberately using a mix all button to summon 50 rats couldnt conceivably be done accidently, since, as the first few "mixes" occur, you have time to reclick the mix button and STOP it from continuing to mix, so someone deliberately doing it would be even more guilty by allowing it to do all 50 rats. There'd be no way they could use the "misclick" defence. A few mixes yes, since even the slowest reactions need time to reclick the button and stop it, but not a whole batch.....?

Also I think this could be easily stopped by making any storage a "no summon" zone? Would require some code but I don't think it would be that difficult to create.

EDIT: A quick thought made me think of summoning stones which can be made at storage. Still possible to make a "no summoning" zone for just creatures?

Edited by PaulB

Or when u summon in sto ur summons disappear after while...

Well the problem is also the spam saying *playerx has summoned a ...*

After 10 messages like that i start seeing in red :P

a summoning "quickspell bar" wouldnt be a bad idea either

the new summoning quickspell icons could be added to the magic quickspell bar when used

they can easily be moved around and you can summon a variety of creatures without messing around with ingredients in the manufacture window

i know i'd rather press alt+1,2,3,4,5,6 than mix all when summoning

Edited by Winkz

Or when u summon in sto ur summons disappear after while...

Summons do disappear after a while already. Problem is that when you summon in a heavy traffic area people experience lag and the above mentioned spam in console.

Please read,

-Add tabs to the magic window: Magic, Manufacture

-Manufacture has already got saved recipes so you can simply save the combination for a summon there.

-Extend the manufacture 'tab' to look like the magic window.

+Miniature version holds only the first item of the recipe

+Full version holds items with info when selected (like the magic-window)

+The player can use different slots with a custom text above the slots (eg, create a row for summon mixes)

-Allow the new window with tabs to stick to the inventory window with a little arrow to make it slide out, fastest method to bring up the magic or manufacture(summon) window without short-keys. Sticking this often used window to the inventory creates one big window that is opened instead of multiple screens cluttering the screen, it would just look nicer. OF Course there is an option to leave it as it is now, separate windows...

Using the 'Mix All' button to mix all summons of course...

I think it is not needed to have magic and manufacture (summon) windows on at the same time, you can easily switch between the tabs or use quick-keys or quick-bar.