Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BOO

New Ring

Good question, and it's a totally blind guess here, but I predict the actual answer you get will be along the lines of:

"for the same reason we don't have a ring of Nordarn"

I could be wrong but I'd be willing to bet 5 fire essences on it. Wouldn't mind seeing it though..would you think it would be higher level than the current c2 rings in terms of crafting? Or would it fit in between somewhere with the existing rings, in terms of levels and ingredients?

Edit:

And to slightly skew the topic a bit here: How about bringing in teleportal rings that take you directly to a specific PK map/area/arena that isnt currently available ingame (but is a popular place for those who risk going to a PK map)? Although I'd personally like these balanced out with a negative side, maybe a 25% chance to lose 30 mana when you "use" it or something similar. Actually, make it -50 mana, since you'd be saving some mana/SR from teleportling into the map anyway by using a ring instead...so it'd be the -20mana fine to cover the teleport spell cost(that you would have used instead) + another -30 more to cover the negative side of using it to get directly to the right spot to PVP/PK.

Edited by Pyewacket

Good question, and it's a totally blind guess here, but I predict the actual answer you get will be along the lines of:

"for the same reason we don't have a ring of Nordarn"

I could be wrong but I'd be willing to bet 5 fire essences on it. Wouldn't mind seeing it though..would you think it would be higher level than the current c2 rings in terms of crafting? Or would it fit in between somewhere with the existing rings, in terms of levels and ingredients?

I think it should cost like a normal c2 ring ~290Gc And the Ingredients Should be similar to the other c2 rings

Reply to your #Edit

I think they should be no penelty , If you craft a ring

Edited by bLaZe1

hmm, its a rarely visited but very nice place :(

i guess such ring would be around crafting 50 or so.

maybe with ruby and emerald on a gold ring.

but i never saw more then 3 or 4 players there, so too rare to be worth to have a ring for i guess

Not a bad idea for a crafting skill bump to the game...

perhaps if not Irsis then Zirakinbar as Irsis is easily accessible from there. Khalai makes a good point, EVTR is fairly close by.

I don't believe Irsis is as rarely used as it would appear, not that it's a happening hot spot but I'm sure it has its fair share of visitors on Daily business.

I guarantee Derzelas does his fair share of business regularly...

but i never saw more then 3 or 4 players there, so too rare to be worth to have a ring for i guess

Maby a ring would change that though and make people familiar with the map and maby populate it more :(

Oh and there is a Haidir quest there so the ring would be used by those who are lazy and don't want to walk there from other maps :(

Edited by Entris

*bump*

Simpler solution... rather than creating a new ring, just change the Ring of Anitora so it is a Ring of Zirakinbar (or Irsis, I think Zirak is a better option).

C2 ring usage outside of EVTR/Glac rings is kinda minimal, but there really is no reason to have an Anitora ring. Changing it to a different map would be a simpler alternative to creating a new one.

C2 ring usage outside of EVTR/Glac rings is kinda minimal, but there really is no reason to have an Anitora ring. Changing it to a different map would be a simpler alternative to creating a new one.

To buy/sell summon stones ?

It's one of the 4 rings I use.

To buy/sell summon stones ?

It's one of the 4 rings I use.

That's something I've done in the past and plan to do a lot more of in the (distant) future, though teleporting instead since it's much cheaper. Still, extremely limited usage compared to how much Zirak (or Irsis) would be.

Edited by Burn

wanted to resurrect this post again, as i think it would be really good to get rings for the outside maps that do not have rings yet, like TG and NC on c1 or zirak and irsis in C2

Irsis and Arius probably do not have rings due to mule quest. Glacmor is not same situation for it is such a long walk.

doubt that that is the reason, after all who says the ring spawn place needs to be anywhere near a quest.

Think those maps do not have rings, as radu did not deem then needed at the time he made rings

Edited by vinoveritas

There is a myth, it says that the Ring of WtX will send you to a totally random map, even close to some joker spawns. :laugh: