Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maxine

not post newb and bot kills in ch 6

Suggestion to reduce spam in ch 6 and have a lower limit on the a/d of a player (e.g. a/d above 20/20) before their kills/deaths are reported in ch 6 and not to report bot kills/deaths at all.

I agree it would be nice to not see the messages on PK central when a bot kills or dies to someone. This seems to be a spam problem at times and I think many do it just for the attention they get for the pk central message. I dont agree though that the messages from low level players should be removed.

At the end of the modern tutorial quest a char is a/d 16/16. A bit of training, one or more dailies and doing Novac will get them over the 20/20 lower limit. This way it becomes harder to make a new char and immediately spam ch 6 by suicide pk missions, without taking away from real DP arena fights.

What if only PKI generating kills were reported? Would that be a clear and reasonable limit?

imho i dont think that its such a big spam problem

+1

Sorry but I just don't find it that hard to ignore channel messages i'm not interested in.

But I guess yeah, if it will make some people happy to have botkills not announced, it wouldn't have a negative impact on me, so sure.

Or, just thought;

When it's a bot dying or killing, it could be "BK_Central" or some such so u could just #ignore it, but still get the PK_Central messages.

Edited by Korrode

When some idiots decide to kill Corpus for fun, then yes, it gets spammy.

So subjective... Not like killing things in a MMO is any fun right? Especially when you can kill something that you "shouldn't" be able to. You call em "some idiots" yet they are doing what you should in a MMO which is to team up and take on task that normally seem impossible or at least very difficult. This is no different than having the same people going over and over to KF and killing each other so are these people idiots too?

On topic: I kinda like the idea of having PK central only announcing "PKI kills". But if PK central is too much spam for you at the time then you could always #ignore command it.

I thought about using pki as a criterion, but that would make the DPA arenas a lot less attractive, since none of the under limit pk-ers there get pki. You would also miss out on messages when newbies are getting 'newhoped' at DPA. Putting the limit at 20 and not posting bot messages would leave the more genuine pk messages. Not every challenging fight needs a message, after all, Ice dragon kills don't get announced either, so why should killing Corpus.

And what about the laughs people get from Ant vs. FireAnt? Do you want to remove that totally as well? But what about the next time both anthills are on a PK map, think of the PK spam then!

And what about the laughs people get from Ant vs. FireAnt? Do you want to remove that totally as well? But what about the next time both anthills are on a PK map, think of the PK spam then!

Imagine, the community sponsoring each side, equipping them, starting a betting pool on which team would win.

Not too likely. I like the original suggestion.

yeah, move the anthill to TD. they will become really pr0 fighting fluffys and cant be killed by summoning stones :icon13:

Back to the topic, I don't like the idea of a filter. A complete ignore, closing channel 6, or tolerate it should be enought options.

Imagine, the community sponsoring each side, equipping them, starting a betting pool on which team would win.

awesome idea...so i think you saying that kind of backfired :icon13: