Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dugur

Ranging god

Currently all skill gods give percentage bonus to exp. In ranging it's a bit useless due to the nature of the training. You need to shoot at distance where you get best exp/arrow consumption. This is often minimum distance and also small exp. Having 20% in almost nothing is useless, ofc every bit counts but taking a rang god can be away form other skill gods you do and therefore not be so tempting.

So here's what I suggest. Make it have as much levels in quests as other gods, but instead of exp give following:

+1 missile accuracy and +2% damage

+2 missile accuracy and +4% damage

+3 missile accuracy and +6% damage

+4 missile accuracy and +8% damage

+5 missile accuracy and +10% damage

Also a bless available with +10 lvls or temporary perception boost.

The missile accuracy makes the exp smaller thanks to easier hits, but since you will miss less it's near no change in lower levels. The nature of the skill isn't epic exp grind from ings where you want the +20% exp, but more used in invasions, fun and lifestyle. Having accuracy and/or dmg bonus would support this. The +5 missile accuracy might be too much, and could be made smaller and added only after 3rd quest.

Also make an Apple Medallion - +2 missile accuracy. (make a better name, the idea of shooting an apple on someones head just got in my mind)

So at max lvl - i would hit every time for 70+ dmg......

Sorry ranging is way to powerful already without adding this.

I hope its not an apple on my head :) , and yes i think rangers deserve their own medal B)

The blessing is a nice idea related to mortos giving +15 att bonus.

But I will have an problem when i'm going to train.

If the god levels would be like that then I would get even less exp then I'm already getting.

And most of training is done on pinned targets, so the distance is always minimal.

You are right 20% isnt mutch extra xp and i dont think I would leave one of my other god's. for a bonus like that.

so meybe its more fair to get like 40~50 % extra exp.

So you want (contrary to all other gods) not more exp., but making a powerful skill even stronger... as Raz said, high level + AP + god == no misses and _very_ high damage/hit... (plus high speed using proper equipment...). Doesn't sound like the kind of implementation I'd like to see (and yes, I do range).

Edited by revi

I had a language fail in one meaning.

On part with accuracy and/or damage bonus I actually mean the damage being optional and possibly be left out if seen OP. Duhh.

Thing is ranging can be seen OP, but just like against magic there are few things that negates it 100%. With magic the top can do 200+ dmg np.

There are also spells suggested to cover from ranging. It just takes more serious PK rangers to actually need something like that added, else it seems waste of time.

If ppl think +5 miss acc makes someone no miss, try with short bow and then swap to elven bow.

Pinning is the thing that's OP. :)

Also make an Apple Medallion - +2 missile accuracy. (make a better name, the idea of shooting an apple on someones head just got in my mind)

The Sun Med can be used for this porpouse, since it is 'eclypsed' by the Moon Med and normally it isn't used.

Edited by dipi