Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
daiske1

Upgrades

Ok, I was thinking instead of sometimes having your bone or jagged saber break degrade or break, it has a very very small chance to upgrade.

For example:

You jagged saber has been degraded to a degraded jagged saber

Oh wait, Your jagged saber has been blessed by the gods, now it is a Jagged Saber of Cooldown.

Or something like that.

I would say the % should be like .01% or .001%.

Probably a bad idea.

Daiske12

Edited by daiske1

If this were implemented then nobody would use Tankel or Heavybeard. And both are probably important parts to the game (even though I hate Tankel and all his breaks >.<).

KoDdy was hitted by branch of destruction - Your Steel Greaves were blessed by god and ubgraded to steel greaves of ubber defense :-D

Yeah they would still use Tankel, because it should only work on regular items (non-degraded) so they would use Tankel to repair the items

Very bad idea, everyone would try to make that happen and the game would get flooded by special items fast and no one would buy em or pay like 10gc for em lol

how about your weapon was blessed by the gods, and is now a weapon name of attack, and it only gives a small upgrade, eg +1 attack. so it would be nice to have if you get it but not to powerfull

Very bad idea, everyone would try to make that happen and the game would get flooded by special items fast and no one would buy em or pay like 10gc for em lol

Completly agree with Entris, i don't like this idea

Completly agree with Entris, i don't like this idea

i don't agree also,sry

I like this idea. I don't think we have to worry about the game being flooded with high level items because the chances of getting an upgrade like this would be very small. The way I imagine this working is that there is a small chance of an item breaking or degrading. When it happens, there will be a small chance of the degrade being an upgrade instead.

For example, let's say I have an iron sword. I don't know what the break chance is but let's assume it's .01%. And let's say that the chance of a break being an upgrade instead is .01%. That would make the chance of getting an upgrade .0001% since .01*.01=.0001. When an item breaks or degrades, 99.9% of the time it really breaks or degrades, so people will still lose stuff and have to have stuff repaired. Naturally, the numbers could be tweaked as needed.

Getting an upgrade would be a truly rare thing and a very nice surprise. We could even do what Cilestiel suggested, make the upgrade something small like add +1 attack to the item. Even a big upgrade like making a branch become a Brod would be ok as long as the chance of it happening is very, very small.

thats what I meant, Just didn't elborate i guess.

Also, I like cilestiel's idea.

I keep wondering.

The description of the thread you started says "probably a bad idea". Why the hell did you even bother to post it, then?