Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HeLLRaiZeR

Change the FP recipe.

Well, not a big suggestion really.. Feasting potion currently requires one vial, one meat, one wine, one vegetable and one fruit to mix.. Costs 10 food points each mix and vegetal nexus of 4 with req pot level 22.

This doesnt pay out considering that NPC sells for 12 coins each. Market price is a little higher, but that is only because many people doesnt bother walking to mira/irsis seller and back..

I suggest that the raw meat is removed, req level is increased to 30-35 and vegetal nexus is increased to 5. This way, they are actually worthwile making.

Edited by HeLLRaiZeR

psssst search ;)

Did a quick search.. Even if there was an OLD thread about it, I'm not fond of gravedigging..

Edited by HeLLRaiZeR

Current recipe is acceptable if you mix for yourself, at least in my case.

You actually make quite a huge loss on it.. Raw meat isnt that easy gathering, vials are expensive.. Then there is the food cost of 10 for mixing.. It just isnt viable making them, unless you are a diehardplayer that have decided to craft everything himself. ;p

Yeah, I think it'd be cooler (or, more in fit with an role playing universe) if it was more economically viable to manufacture them yourself. I'm only ~34 (can't remember) in Potion but I mix a few of them when I have some spare ingredients. Mostly, though, I find that meat in particular is more useful in other potions and applications-- e.g. Potion of Physique, summoning, etc.

Well that's why I said to search, this debate has gone on multiple times...everybody wants the raw meat for something else so the price went up, vial issue, etc etc etc. It's all been discussed before and it was not changed. I don't know why it would be now.

I'd be happy enough if the vegetable and fruit were removed. I could make them faster because the ingreds add up to less emu then.

Let the raw meat stay, it fits the potion imo ;)

Well that's why I said to search, this debate has gone on multiple times...everybody wants the raw meat for something else so the price went up, vial issue, etc etc etc. It's all been discussed before and it was not changed. I don't know why it would be now.

Informing people of why it has been denied would be more useful than outright objecting to a suggestion. I can see how this would get tedious after awhile, though.

Informing people of why it has been denied would be more useful than outright objecting to a suggestion. I can see how this would get tedious after awhile, though.

I'm not objecting or supporting. I am just pointing out that these arguments and more already have been presented several times, always in very long lengthy tedious threads. It makes no sense to rehash the same stuff yet again, especially without knowing what was said and how it turned out already.

I'm not objecting or supporting. I am just pointing out that these arguments and more already have been presented several times, always in very long lengthy tedious threads. It makes no sense to rehash the same stuff yet again, especially without knowing what was said and how it turned out already.

Precisely my point, if people actually knew what has been discussed and denied in aforementioned threads, it would be considerably easier to drop the subject. Simply stating that a topic has been discussed at length and denied before seems insufficient to me; I usually wonder, 'but did they think of this (idea x)...?' and, 'why was this idea denied?'. Perhaps that's just a fault on my part of being inquisitive, though.

Precisely my point, if people actually knew what has been discussed and denied in aforementioned threads, it would be considerably easier to drop the subject. Simply stating that a topic has been discussed at length and denied before seems insufficient to me; I usually wonder, 'but did they think of this (idea x)...?' and, 'why was this idea denied?'. Perhaps that's just a fault on my part of being inquisitive, though.

Then why aren't YOU searching?

It seems people receive negative responses for digging up old threads, in addition to starting threads on previously discussed topics. If someone has fresh new insight (not saying the OP in this thread did), is it better to dig up a dead thread from a year ago, or start a new one?

Edited by Shujral

It seems people receive negative responses for digging up old threads. If someone has fresh new insight (not saying the OP in this thread did), is it better to dig up a dead thread from a year ago, or start a new one?

Well it depends on what the purpose of digging up the old thread is, where it is, what it is about. If somebody pulls up a 2 year old thread in the abuse section and continues it, that will most likely get a negative reaction. However, for suggestions, it says in the suggestion forum rules to search first and find those previous suggestions of the same thing. I have never given a negative response for searching first here. However if in the search you (general you) find you have nothing new to offer, it's better to just drop it totally.

Well, not a big suggestion really.. Feasting potion currently requires one vial, one meat, one wine, one vegetable and one fruit to mix.. Costs 10 food points each mix and vegetal nexus of 4 with req pot level 22.

This doesnt pay out considering that NPC sells for 12 coins each. Market price is a little higher, but that is only because many people doesnt bother walking to mira/irsis seller and back..

I suggest that the raw meat is removed, req level is increased to 30-35 and vegetal nexus is increased to 5. This way, they are actually worthwile making.

Then maybe the NPC price should be raised instead?

Just be happy that you can keep the food you need to make them in storage.

Honestly, these potions are balanced very well.

I love FPs the way they are. ;)

It's quite impossible to make them for profit, unless you're a HC meat hunter, but even so... I make them for my own use only, which costs me about the NPC price plus I get some nice exp. And since wine, fruits and vegetables are actually storable these days, nothing to complain about. :lurker:

Every mix skill has those items which aren't necessarily worth making yourself. Spirit essences for alch for example, 9gc at NPC makes it cost-efficient to buy those instead for most.

FPs are best bought, in my experience, since I want to save meats for summoning.

As such, I came to a different option for getting them:

(1) Make BRs. Simpler ings, give more exp, and even if you buy all ings + food you end up with a profit when you...

(2) Sell them to NPC. (1 emu weight makes this a simple task.)

(3) Use profit to buy FPs.

Still get potting experience, get more of it actually, get a profit, and easily afford an FP stock in the process. At the only added cost of having to make a few trips to the pot seller (Irsis the better option).

Just one example of ways to get around the FP issue if you're really wanting to keep your raw meat for other uses and still get potting experience.

It seems people receive negative responses for digging up old threads. If someone has fresh new insight (not saying the OP in this thread did), is it better to dig up a dead thread from a year ago, or start a new one?

Well it depends on what the purpose of digging up the old thread is, where it is, what it is about. If somebody pulls up a 2 year old thread in the abuse section and continues it, that will most likely get a negative reaction. However, for suggestions, it says in the suggestion forum rules to search first and find those previous suggestions of the same thing. I have never given a negative response for searching first here. However if in the search you (general you) find you have nothing new to offer, it's better to just drop it totally.

thank you.