Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hermit

Perk

Perk name: There is no moon.

When your outside at night your screen just goes black.

Inside is normal.

Navigation could still be done through marks on a map, and such.

Quit edit: Negative perk. ;)

Edited by Hermit

3 hours of looking at a blank screen?

Sounds like free pickpoints for those that use the 3 hours to do other stuff irl to me..

No, you can harvest while its dark. Theres many ways to work around the perk. A/D training included by going to indoor arena's and not training outside. Harvesters could just harvest at night marking map and map walk to cave. Caves would be visible. Only outside at night. GREAT perk for a full ranger. Seeing as you only have to see during the day. I guess it would be a perk for the desperate like hellspawn. You can fully deal with it its just annoying.

Yup, lenny trolls the dark alleys. :hiya:

Edit: Strangely this might actually boost pk a little if there are more people training in arena's. KK make up your mind for yourself now. :)

Edited by Hermit

I guess there could be a sillouete so it doesn't make the game appeal horrific. But it would still have to be dark enough and blurry to the point where you couldn't tell what a flower is 2 feet in front of you. (meters :/)

Move the mouse around until you get a harvest symbol. Its really easy. The game would react as normal. It would only be a visual defficiency.

Quick edit: Further explained. I think I get your question now. You know how you can mark coordinates on a map. If your harvestable (that's not a real word) is on a main map you'd have to #mark quartz on your map in order to find the resource you are looking for. If not previously marked you can just ask a friend for the coordinates.

Edited by Hermit

People would cheat and hack their clients so they can still see. There is no way that this could be server enforced or would ever get in game.

When I read this suggestion first thought I have was people modifying their clients to exploit this perk. Learner's post proved my reasoning was correct. Bad idea.

Not really, if the perk controls the perception radius (who you can see) - as far as i know its controlled by server already. So when taking this perks (for a very few pp and reasonable high amount of gold), you will still see at night, but you see the other peoples/animals just around you very closely. It can be really the opposite of night visor, and no way of cheating.

Making the screen black is a really bad idea, My thoughts where as Csiga said above to make the perception reduced alot so you can only se things like 3 tiles away from you ore closer and if you have this perk you wouldn't be able to use the nightvisor :(

People could just go to Options and change the gamma.

I used to make the snow maps darker, like in nighttime even if it was day, because the white hurts my eyes.

But it can be changed both ways.