Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Her0

Fighters enjoyable action

I couldnt find any similar ideas, sorry if it allready exists...

Many if not all players would somehow want training to be more interesting and include more action. What ive heard most fighters say is "Im tired of killing one bunny for 20 hours to get one level" people dont make use of most monsters in EL, therefore people would suggest:

Having a small map or cave filled with monsters from the same a/d range without ignore level. This would make the player kill many more different monsters and gain the same xp, or maybe more. you wouldnt be sleepy while you fight, you would focus on healing and have other strategies not to die. for instance having 10 feros 7 fluffys and 5 desert chims in a relatively small cave. or a huge amount of yetis, Monster chimmies cockatrices and sslesars in one cave. also to make use of more monsters make more edit unseen or unused monsters a/d.

Would it work? yes

Is it ALOT more fun? yes

Will you get more drops from monsters and make fighters the richest? There should be no drop since many monsters are killed could produce bag spamming.

But top lvls will just be killing feros all day to get easy xp without healing! - no i would suggest like in instances to have level limits for different caves.

Isnt it the same as instances? No its for training purpose, the monsters would keep respawning and you would get more xp in shorter time but alot more expensive and too much more fun!

In my and many others opinion.

Edited by Her0

Don't like this idea. I think it would make training even more easy than it is now. And we know that A/D is the easiest skill atm already.

Not to hack this topic, but maybe it would be easier to make 1% (?) chance that instead of a goblin/garg/ogre/fluffy/whatever there would spawn a different, stronger monster, so that fighters would have more fun? Or make the Elder Monsters spawn instead (they would have about the same A/D and attributtes, but more health).

It wont make it easier, maybe you will get more exp for the amount of time, but you will be spending 4 times as much healing ingreds, and would cost 4 times as much... besides its alot more fun. and your idea of existing low monsters getting same a/d and more health is good.

Similar suggestions have been made before.

Search dungeon and similar wordings in your post.

Edited by Acelon

*waits for the first multitrainer to claim that whole place saying: oh but I took TINF so I must multitrain here, GTFO*

A/d training is already the most diverse of all skills imo, but just as with other skills, I'm afraid grinding is the only way. Mixing an HE doesn't get more thrilling either, nor will polishing a diamond become more fun.

*waits for the first multitrainer to claim that whole place saying: oh but I took TINF so I must multitrain here, GTFO*

A/d training is already the most diverse of all skills imo, but just as with other skills, I'm afraid grinding is the only way. Mixing an HE doesn't get more thrilling either, nor will polishing a diamond become more fun.

Are you saying since alching and mixing is boring and because of that EL shouldnt make fighting better? i disagree.

Besides there can be few i provements to mixing but not much... at all, maybe some special effects? doesnt mean fighting cant improve!

Edited by Her0

So basically what you propose is to have something like the isntances, but without a time limit, weaker monsters, fewer rewards, and going there single instead of as a group?

if this is for training , would be interesting if there was no 'rewards' but only normal drops... but i think it could be cool idea 8D

So basically what you propose is to have something like the isntances, but without a time limit, weaker monsters, fewer rewards, and going there single instead of as a group?

A single player Instance dungeon might be fun, but as it stands the idea to me just seems a way to try and get mobs to ignore you, so you're able to get a stupid amount of xp in a short time.

Yes I agree training a/d can get boring, but that should mean making it more fun not easier (which imo this idea would)

Not to hack this topic, but maybe it would be easier to make 1% (?) chance that instead of a goblin/garg/ogre/fluffy/whatever there would spawn a different, stronger monster, so that fighters would have more fun? Or make the Elder Monsters spawn instead (they would have about the same A/D and attributtes, but more health).

I have already suggested this year ago, then resurrected this recently, when instance (=variable of monsters became possible) came here, you can read more here

Fighting could use some spice, but in a way it would not ruin it. You know, road to hell is paved with good intentions :lurker:

what would stop Player A from getting Player B to come refill his stock of HE / SRS indefinately ?

its asking for an easy way to train a/d if you ask me, unless of course you could only go inside 1 person at a time and no hyper bags :lurker:

but then would it really make much difference to your xp per hour if you could only last 20-30 minutes before your HE ran out due to the fact the cave is relentless with spawns ?

Or make the Elder Monsters spawn instead (they would have about the same A/D and attributtes, but more health).

This would be a nice addition with maybe a little-bit higher a/d and attributes than the original monster. ;)

pretty much, always something to add or subtract from the main idea though ;)

Why are so many people bent on making this game so much more fucking boring/hard to get anywhere?

Tali votes for change, I like this idea it would make it more entertaining and it wouldn't take 3-4 *years* to get into the hunrdreds. More people with higher a/d = more PK...yay. No more gc sinks, let's see some entertainment!

Why are so many people bent on making this game so much more fucking boring/hard to get anywhere?

Tali votes for change, I like this idea it would make it more entertaining and it wouldn't take 3-4 *years* to get into the hunrdreds. More people with higher a/d = more PK...yay. No more gc sinks, let's see some entertainment!

People on PK server hit 100 A/D cap in a few months...

People on PK server hit 100 A/D cap in a few months...

People on the PK server can same IP multi play = 24 hour harvest = 24 hour supply/mix for fighter main

Plus no cooldown , no great waiting for spawns , re supply themselves on spawn , reasons are endless as to why its easier on Pk server , no offense to anyone that plays there but its like the slacker server with no cooldown and legal same IP multi ;)

People on the PK server can same IP multi play = 24 hour harvest = 24 hour supply/mix for fighter main

24 hours? Hardly. Anyway, you can compensate for this by playing the one character for 24 hours a day, right? ;)

Plus no cooldown , no great waiting for spawns , re supply themselves on spawn , reasons are endless as to why its easier on Pk server , no offense to anyone that plays there but its like the slacker server with no cooldown and legal same IP multi :P

They don't earn more exp from monsters though. I don't see why a new room that'll give people completely whack amounts of A/D experience is fair, when others have levelled themselves to 140 A/D+.

why do you think same IP multi is not allowed on main server ? because it makes it harder to level a character ? or because it gives you an edge ? allowing you to evel that bit quicker on your main ?

I dont see why there should be a ubber xp room either , but I also dont see how your reference to PK server has two tiny fucks of a relevance towards this thread ?

Pro Derail ;)

it doesnt take everyone 3-4 *years*.. i know a guy that got to 100 a/d in months.. not years. lol.. though he does play almost constantly.. lol

its not about reaching the top quickly its about having fun while you do so, entropy has done a great job with the game, few people that play other games dedicate so much time to the same game as EL players.

But i know that theres always endless things to add, this imo is a biggy.

it doesnt take everyone 3-4 *years*.. i know a guy that got to 100 a/d in months.. not years. lol.. though he does play almost constantly.. lol

Yes, Alps played pretty much 24/7. Some people don't have that spare time on their hands. ;)

I dont see why there should be a ubber xp room either , but I also dont see how your reference to PK server has two tiny fucks of a relevance towards this thread ?

Pro Derail :D

Way to break the rules. ;)

@Others: Why is it fair to have this room, when other people have put in time to train much higher than 100 A/D?

Edited by Aphistolas