Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

RC2 Windows binary and Linux/OSX data

I am using Ubuntu. I installed rc2. It works fine. I always use when on linux windowed mode, because alt-tab doesn't work. However i tried full screen to test, but now i seem unable to return to windowed mode.

I checked el.ini and that gives #full_screen= 0. But everytime it starts up in fullscreen. I logged in on Test-server and there i had windowed mode. but on main i seem to be stuck on full screen.

ps I noticed that my windowed screen has gained in height. The toolbar on the bottom is half hidden under the gnome toolbar.

edit:

forgot this

Ubuntu 8.04

Video card: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.1.7659 Release

Seems to have it working again in windowed mode. Only thing i changed (to 0) was: #disable_window_adjustment

Edited by niemand

I have just had that exact problem going into PL storage.

Running CVS on linux I entered PL storage and the client immediately closed.

Running the standard client (el.exe 1.7.0) under wine I crashed with that assert after a few seconds but it gave me enough time to leave PL storage. After that all was well in the world.

Was the main server updated at all? Yesterday I was able to log on fine, but today I ran into this problem:

That assertion of index < size has been seen before. In that case, one of the data files had zero length.

Edited by bluap

I thought we had edited this out, guess not. I'll go look at the code.

I thought we had edited this out, guess not. I'll go look at the code.

I was going to change it to throw an exception (that would be caught by the texture loading code and logged). However, learner wasn't keen on such a code change so I left it.

I don't think we should have any asserts in the game, period (except for the debug release). For the rest, it should be logged in the errors log, and then ignored if possible.

I don't think we should have any asserts in the game, period (except for the debug release). For the rest, it should be logged in the errors log, and then ignored if possible.

My patch was tiny if you want me to apply it. It only comes into play if that current assertion check is false. It throws an exception which gets caught by the existing texture loading code. The error, including the file name is logged and the client carries on. The texture will be empty however.

Do we know that these new occurrences of the error are due to zero length files?

Please test the dragons on the test server, where I removed the pain frame for all the creatures (for now).

Just tested one solo, no resyncs, and very smooth over several minutes of fighting. Will test more later, when I can get a second tester.

Update: Tested with dragons, giants, phantoms; 0 resyncs. Removing the pain frame seems to clear up all resync issues.

Im running the new RC2 Client and Ive noticed theres no Poison Effects. With 1.7 and RC1 ive had the poison effects, but they seem to be gone from RC2. My settings havent changed either.

Video card: GeForce 6800 GS/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 169.12

Kubuntu 8.04

Ok, apply it, but first please test it with an invalid texture or something and make sure it works.

Sure, I'll commit the change in the morning; had a largely EL free day. :P

One thing I've noticed is a new set of warnings in the error_log.txt file:

[17:30:21] Unknown sound (Bow In) in actor def: human female
[17:30:21] Unknown sound (Bow Fire) in actor def: human female
[17:30:21] Unknown sound (Bow Fire Out) in actor def: human female

These messages are repeated for each race. The reference to these sounds is in the new actor_defs of the rc2 data, AFAIK, they were not in rc1.

Im running the new RC2 Client and Ive noticed theres no Poison Effects. With 1.7 and RC1 ive had the poison effects, but they seem to be gone from RC2. My settings havent changed either.

I think this was mentioned for RC1 too, the information to start/stop the effect will be sent by server, the server has not been updated yet.

Found one minor annoyance. When attempting to Sto All, outside range of storage, I get a "You cannot access the storage from here!" message for each item in the inventory.

Not sure if it's worth doing anything about, really depends on the way it is implemented in the code. But having the client not attempt to store more items after the 1st failed might be worth it. But as I said, just a minor thing, at least from a user viewpoint.

My character has long blonde hair. With the excavator cape on there is an inverted V from the cape through the bottom of the hair that appears with each step.

Hope that helps.

FEMALE ELF

Edited by Acelon

Found it. Allow equipment swap.

Edited: Could not find this at first. I was overlooking it.

Edited by popeye

My character has long blonde hair. With the excavator cape on there is an inverted V from the cape through the bottom of the hair that appears with each step.

Hope that helps.

You probably want to say what race you are too.

Edited by Acelon

Ok, apply it, but first please test it with an invalid texture or something and make sure it works.

Sure, I'll commit the change in the morning; had a largely EL free day. :P

I've commited the change. I have also added more error trapping (for zero length files) and logging (missing and zero length files) where required.

first of all, i'm not a technical man, so don't flame me plz ;P

i just noticed that i have lost pain sound of my character in client 1.7.0 beta in windows, i had it till some days ago and now nothing, i can still hear smashing sounds of my character and opponent, does it have anything to do with all of this thread?

thanks in advance

Edited by Rasool

Pain frames have been removed temporarily to find and fix a resync bug.

Since New RC Camera rotation speed very slow

Primary Adapter

Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by ATI

Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series

Device ID 5B60

Vendor 1002

Maybe this will help clarify:

Not only is the rotations slow, but adjustments to the settings produce unpredictable results. Setting the increment to 1 for a fine rotation (previously very accurate), seems to turn a fraction of a degree now. Setting the large increment produces very large jumps, where it was more of a 5 degree change previously. Setting the deceleration gives various results, but is not intuitive. Turning X times and back the same amount will not always return you to the same position.

I've noticed the camera rotation speed problem before too, but I was able to fix it by adjusting some settings. I forgot which though :/