Eternal Lands Official Forums
Learner

Should Ants start PK's?

Yes, the Ants will make essences, but their logic sometimes works against essences being made (i.e. they get distracted harvesting food instead of going and finding the essence ingredients).

Haha! A.D.D. ants! :pickaxe: Now just set them to chase shiny things and cats! J/k

But I think this would be cool :pickaxe: I've stalked an ant on peace day trying to get it to attack me in PK while the PKers can't touch me, and it attacks everything but me :P It would make PK maps less attractive on peace day, which isn't really a good or bad thing. Keeps the PK exploration fun I think

Also, maybe you could make some RP ants with this system? Really aggressive ant warriors/archers, or healing/smiteful magicians? (If you ever fix their spell system) Just something to add to the EL story? (What little there is in-game ^^')

This could bring an interest to PK, or completely dull it depending on how strong their urges are to fight enemies. They may end up constantly chasing one PK'er and ignoring everyone else. Other wise I love the idea ^^

-Air

Edited by Airakose

Guest Trojan_Knight

Thought there were already "PK Ant ## ? lolz.. I was checking out that link that was provided :pickaxe: So my question is obvious.. What are the plans for the "pk ant's " ?

Thought there were already "PK Ant ## ? lolz.. I was checking out that link that was provided :pickaxe: So my question is obvious.. What are the plans for the "pk ant's " ?

The PK Ants are the ones on the PK Server. If I start enabling Ant PK's, initial tsting will be done there.

The PK Ants are the ones on the PK Server. If I start enabling Ant PK's, initial tsting will be done there.

Go ahead.

*readies some dung to throw it at ants* :pickaxe:

Piper

Who ever gave one a Brod deserves a round of applause!

Thanks, I bought that for her with my own GC. It lasted more then two days, not sure which Ant got the BoD. Of course they are very willing to accept donations of items.

Thought there were already "PK Ant ## ? lolz.. I was checking out that link that was provided :P So my question is obvious.. What are the plans for the "pk ant's " ?

not sure if you saw these pic's

they keep getting stuck at the ant hill @ dp

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/yas...elscreen051.png

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/yas...elscreen054.png

also at this house in dp

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/yas...elscreen332.png

they get stuck pretty often. Dont know how they can get in there without using magic. (i have gotten in there place couple of times by magic :o).

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/yas...elscreen281.png

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/yas...elscreen335.png

you should teach them how to #beam me (if they r unable to move for ~5 min or so) & magic (so they can harm/poisen/ b4 they die or restore + beam) & some free perks like mirror/mm (without having them losing pp's )

on pk server they die a lot...as soon as they get out of hell they get killed again, and some player even kill them on peace day :P

some ppl have donated some armor to them...but since they die a lot from players/monsters/animals and they dont get their db back.

Sounds like fun, Learner. I'm not too fond of ant_queen running around with her brod att'ing, however.

I won't be giving her BroD's if I activate this feature ... but there's nothing to stop other player from doing stuff likle that.

Ants seem to like to drop stuff a lot... if we gave the ants stuff would they just drop it in a bag somewhere?

Ants seem to like to drop stuff a lot... if we gave the ants stuff would they just drop it in a bag somewhere?

Armor & weapons they tend to prefer to pass amongst themselves first. Other 'high importance' items they only drop some of in the hopes that another Ant visiting the anthill will be able to pick them up to use them before they poof. Of course that last bit of logic is getting broken by al lthe people serping ants currently.

:) I have a question...I wondered if this ants attacking was already in the game because about 6 days or so ago I was walking from DP to VotD (through KF) not bothering anyone and I passed by Ant_Queen and she attacked and killed me :)

I didn't attack her or any other ant I was just passing through... :P

:) I have a question...I wondered if this ants attacking was already in the game because about 6 days or so ago I was walking from DP to VotD (through KF) not bothering anyone and I passed by Ant_Queen and she attacked and killed me :)

I didn't attack her or any other ant I was just passing through... :P

As I said, currently there are rare situations that can trigger (usually related to being near an Ant when it's fighting). What this discussions about is whether they should actively be willing to attack people they see in PK if they don't like them.

So if i stole the ants stuff that they drop would they auto atk me?

So if i stole the ants stuff that they drop would they auto atk me?

Anything dropped in a bag doesn't belong to anyone. That applies to players and Ants.

Guest Trojan_Knight

I wanna ally w/ both ant guilds :P.. Wondering whats the chance of them taking part in total war?

~~> me <~~ :hug:

As I said, currently there are rare situations that can trigger (usually related to being near an Ant when it's fighting). What this discussions about is whether they should actively be willing to attack people they see in PK if they don't like them.

but that's the thing she wasn't attacking anything (and actually to be honest there were no monsters in the vicinity at the time.) She was just walking out of the fort and I was passing by it (I wasn't in it...I was maybe a foot or so away from the entrance) [<---in case someone thinks she was protecting her "home"]