Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frodewin

Guild Maps

Observations:

Guilds are paying real money to be able to contribute a guild map to the game.

Guild maps are often really pretty, nice artwork

Guild maps are non-public and do not offer useful things except for PK areas because otherwise these useful things would be an unfair advantage exclusive to the map users

Suggestion:

Allow guild cities:

A guild city is a public city located somewhere in nowhereland, probably not too easy too reach. The surrondings could be covered with PK spots (for example the woods, while the save path is much longer...

Guild cities can have NPCs (possibly the city leaders can bet for acquiring an NPC) and resources (harvests, trade bots) that make them attractive (mechanism for limiting these resources required)

I propose to have only a local storage, that is a storage not connected to the global storage - thus, the effect on the global economy is limited and there is a job for people transporting stuff in/out of the city

Guild cities can spice up the game for the players:

- a chance for crafters/potters/manfacturers etc. to move to a city where is a demand for their needs. For example, in a city w/o an NPC selling potions, a potter can even make money by producing and selling FPs

- a chance for players who like to transport stuff in order to make gc

- a new playfield for PKs, who can lurk upon these traveling salesman, when they try to take a shortcut through the PK woods, etc..

- a possibility for guilds to show their greatness and dominance by having the best city (as a gimmick, it would be interested to generate monthly stats about the sales volume of a city)

- since guild cities will not come for free, a possibility to provide the EL team some $

Summary:

Guild cities would add a new interesting feature for different player types

The local storage principle takes care that guild cities do affect the global economy only indirectly by people transporting stuff in/out

i think your idea is great, seems well thought out to.

somewhere ive heard speak of player made citys, im sure someone can elaborate on that

Observations:

Guilds are paying real money to be able to contribute a guild map to the game.

Guild maps are often really pretty, nice artwork

Guild maps are non-public and do not offer useful things except for PK areas because otherwise these useful things would be an unfair advantage exclusive to the map users

Suggestion:

Allow guild cities:

A guild city is a public city located somewhere in nowhereland, probably not too easy too reach. The surrondings could be covered with PK spots (for example the woods, while the save path is much longer...

Guild cities can have NPCs (possibly the city leaders can bet for acquiring an NPC) and resources (harvests, trade bots) that make them attractive (mechanism for limiting these resources required)

I propose to have only a local storage, that is a storage not connected to the global storage - thus, the effect on the global economy is limited and there is a job for people transporting stuff in/out of the city

Guild cities can spice up the game for the players:

- a chance for crafters/potters/manfacturers etc. to move to a city where is a demand for their needs. For example, in a city w/o an NPC selling potions, a potter can even make money by producing and selling FPs

- a chance for players who like to transport stuff in order to make gc

- a new playfield for PKs, who can lurk upon these traveling salesman, when they try to take a shortcut through the PK woods, etc..

- a possibility for guilds to show their greatness and dominance by having the best city (as a gimmick, it would be interested to generate monthly stats about the sales volume of a city)

- since guild cities will not come for free, a possibility to provide the EL team some $

Summary:

Guild cities would add a new interesting feature for different player types

The local storage principle takes care that guild cities do affect the global economy only indirectly by people transporting stuff in/out

something similar was suggested before

player built cities

something similar was suggested before

player built cities

Thanks for the link, I did look for earlier ideas, but did not find them due to different search words I used. After analyzing the Waquan idea, I would say, in contrast to the Waquan idea, the concept of the guild cities propose a more civilian concept, where the cities can be of use by all kind of players and also for non-guildies.

really great idea.

maybe to spice it up a bit a new skill can be introduced like city building or a new set of skills called city skills.

If players are allowed to put in a storage, and harvestable items, it's a sure bet that ingredients for popular finished goods (e.g. SR potions, steel bars) would magically be near one another, as well as the storage. Nobody would use the other maps, when they can have a custom-built one to suit their own needs.

Well, a solution for securing that a guildmap doesnt become a place to make some particular item free and easy is rechecking the maps, only allowing, say, 40 steps from different kinds of harvestables? But this would make so much more work for Roja. And it might even increase the price for the guildmap.

Anyway, the idea seems well thought, but has some minuses that need to be discussed.

And at this moment, guildmap is supposed to be a private area for the guild where they can safely make meetings (if it's a role-play guild or something) and train pvp, maybe even keep some stuff hidden too.

As long as this guild city thing is what Radu has planned for player cities, then fine. If you mean these cities would be privately owned by guilds, hell no. Resources and storages do not belong on guild maps.. we want to make use of the regular EL maps!

Guest Trojan_Knight

Not to rain on any parades. But what exactly would be the difference with how trading is done now, verses this idea? People would still tele port to portals room, meet a individual off in a different location. Trade the goods and portal again. The only way this would work in my opinion. On the "sales" side. Would be if certain items were restricted to only be able to be baught and sold in a certain location. Reardless if a npc is out of "FP's" for example. Are you going to go to Mira to mule them to this npc, or pay a extra gc or two and just bulk buy them from a player? My point is, I'm pretty lazy. And I'm willing to bet there maybe others similar to myself. Anything that sounds like work, usually isnt all that fun. But thats just my 2cents.

~ me

As long as this guild city thing is what Radu has planned for player cities, then fine. If you mean these cities would be privately owned by guilds, hell no. Resources and storages do not belong on guild maps.. we want to make use of the regular EL maps!

Clarification on what is definitely an inchoate idea:

Current guild maps are privately owned, only guildies know the secret entrance, but anyway the guildmap is of no other use than PvP. The bad thing is that a lot of creative power goes into creation of a map, which is hidden and sterilized.

Guild cities will be open access and have some resources, so there is no real advantage for guildies. Resources will of course never be so rich that it dwarfes all other places (apologize to all dwarfes for this figure of speach).

However, creators will feel responsible and proud about "their" city. This kind of "ownership" should not be a problem.

A Guild Map does not have to be hidden or secret if they don't want it to. But, most guil;ds do not want others on their maps, which is why there are guard bots and some strange ways of getting in.