Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
johny732601

RECALL (potion OR spell.... maybe both...

my idea:

recall... it would either be a HIGH lvl spell or a HARD to make potion

what it does:

you use one (or cast) and it will take you to the nearest storage

you then use another one (or cast again) and it takes you back to the location ware you used the first one...

well thats my idea :P let me know what ya'll think :)

yes thats what i ment by over powered... i had almost forgot about the harvesting possabilities of it... this would totaly TRASH the hydro price... :P

so yes it would have to be either a VERY expencive potion or a VERY high lvl spell

Edited by johny732601

First of all; Stuff related to teleportation are rings, not potions.

Secondly; Its a thing that is way overpowered :P A hydro miner will use it to transfer stuff to storage and return to mine more. There is a reason Ent doesn't put storages to every little corner. And if the ingredients required to make the ring/cast the spell is cheap, then it'd be even worse since every miner will be free of mine>storage walk=2x harvesting=Everyone will get rich.

And if you want to use this to go to storage and then return to fighting or such, no need spending gold for a hard to make ring or such, there already are teleport spells/rings and you can use that to do that. Teleport to a map that has a storage, restock, teleport back to the map you train on.

Edited by Chimeran Wolf

Yes, actually I was thinking of a mark/recall spell or item, but as others have noticed, it can be used to make the trips much shorter, so the items or spell essences would need to be very expensive, like 5Kgc or so for a use.

Yes, actually I was thinking of a mark/recall spell or item, but as others have noticed, it can be used to make the trips much shorter, so the items or spell essences would need to be very expensive, like 5Kgc or so for a use.

or make it 2.5k but with 50% chance to lose (not drop.. lose) half the items in non-equiped storage slots

That's a good idea, but then what use would it have?

Well as I see it , it could be used to get you to a mine and not a great loss if you drop a few picks (or have ppl hold one for you at the mine face) but it would be to risky to try and use the spell/item to make the return trip, or to use it for hydro mining (not sure it be good ppl being able to skip the pk area).

Maybe even 2.5k would be a bit expensive if the chance to drop items was included aswell

If it was risk free, I would rather it wasnt ingame.. can see it being abused (maybe by myself as well) , to spawn hog even longer than normal etc etc

edit: And if it was risk free even at 5k wouldnt it ruin the idea of the mule pets ?

Edited by conavar

or make hydro mine a special where u cannot use said spell to tele into but can tele out, there is a guild map where u cannot cast spells, cant name it off the top of my head b/c been awhile since ive been to it

and the cost could be eh about what u guys said

More use for Enriched Magic Essences \o/

Careful, if it's to expensive or has to much risk, then people won't use it and it'll waste the time and effort used to add it to the game.

edit: And if it was risk free even at 5k wouldnt it ruin the idea of the mule pets ?

This idea might be compromised anyway, depending on how the muling pets will work.

For example, if they can teleport to their owner, then the players can put the swords on the mule, teleport to the hydro mine, then teleport the mule to them via normal pet resummon means.

would it be possible to make certain areas in the game restricting the use of the spell? (like iirc you cant use #beam in pk areas would that also work for

a spell??)

All in all i like the idea of the spell.. shouldnt take enriched essies but maybe alot of simple essies like just for example the simple ttr essies x20 or so..

would work fair i think... restricted areas so less abuse, but still the possibility of using it whenever you need it...

but i dunno what level it should be... prolly something between MD and ICTPR lvl..

Edited by Scorpius

maybe make it one use only: cast Mark, then when u Recall u have to cast mark again for Recall to work

Yes, but when you cast Recall, you are in the previous Mark position, so you can mark it again without problems (just at an extra cost). And the extra cost can be included in the Recall spell.

Is combining it with harvester of sorrow an option ?

(RECALL an X % chance to not hit the spot, but be teleported to KF or another PK-map)

Then it could be slightly cheaper (because it's not 100 % reliable), and u wouldn't have to drop item like conavar suggested.

Also using it would be hazardous when using it just going to the mine

Yes, but when you cast Recall, you are in the previous Mark position, so you can mark it again without problems (just at an extra cost). And the extra cost can be included in the Recall spell.

well, idea was that the spells won't be cheap, so a bit of the additional cost IMO much better than to make it unreliable

(RECALL an X % chance to not hit the spot, but be teleported to KF or another PK-map)

Then it could be slightly cheaper (because it's not 100 % reliable), and u wouldn't have to drop item like conavar suggested.

That's a good idea.

That's a good idea.

But I think it's easy to get away with it. You get teled to KF, nobody can attack you for 5 seconds so you can just cast teleport to portals and try again (or use ring).

Another possiblity to weaken the spell, reduce abuse, and provide some cross-class economy: use a mark device, made by engineers, and put in place as a mine or ward would. Then, the spell (magic) or ring (crafting - better in my opinion because it would be a kind of teleport ring, and could also be traded) would teleport you to the most recently placed device of yours.

Catch: the device would be active for a limited amount of time (12 minutes?), then its batteries would run out. So, you could use a single mark device and then multiple recall rings for one-way trips only, and for a limited amount of time - after which, you will have to plant another device.

Also, engineers would need to buy rings from crafters, and crafters would need to buy devices from engineers, so there would be some money exchange and more interaction between players.

Option: the "range" of a mark device could be linked to the engineering level of the person who planted it, e.g.: eng 0 to 20: local map only; eng 21 to 60: local continent only; eng 61+: cross-continent. This would be consistent with the way mines work, and should be easy to implement (since we already know who planted a mine-like object).

Edited by Usl