Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the_grud

ATOR SPAWN JUMPER

O.K .my views havent changed

But.

Thank you all for your posts some I agree with /some I dont.

I genuinely apreciatted ALL the replies.

Lets put a lid on it.

Draw a line under it.

Once again ty all.

P.S. I am not the type to fall out with anybody who disagrees with me,if I meet you in game I,ll buy you a beer lol

It's not 'training' then, it's just killing the thing. When there is a player involved, in my opinion, the guy killing it even though it's above his levels is the serper, not the guy who can actually train the creature.

It's probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Very, very hypocritical.

Nobody owns any spawn. That's for sure. However, coming to a spawn that is already occupied and attacking the very same creature another player is busy with is just rude. It really is NOT important whether a player is high level enough to train efficiently. If anybody is to be called a spawn serper it is always the person coming as the second.

Edited by Vanyel

How long must a player sit at an empty spawn b4 it can be called his? 15 mins/30 mins/ A DAY!

If it's an empty spawn, you can sit there for 20 years and it's not "yours" because nothing is there and you have killed nothing. Sitting there while somebody else kills the creature will never make it "yours". It's not the location that counts, it's who is killing the creature wherever it roamed off to, that counts.

right right right. listen to aisy, she seems to know more than the people who actually claim to be fighters/pkers.

As far as I understand no-one owns a spawn, so if no-one was there when the the_grud sat and waited for quite some time, how can Ator claim the spawn as his? Surely it is common sense to just share the spawn, that would have kept them both happy.

noob.

@Vanyel: I disagree completely. I believe the trainer (or trainers, as the case may be) take priority over the people simply attacking a spawn for drops or something. Personally, I think 'training' with anything more than a S2E means the monster you're attacking is far too tough, and you should try something a little easier.

(Like the other week, where I encountered someone 'training' the Gargoyles with a Titanium Long Sword and semi-full iron plate..... ;) )

@Vanyel: I disagree completely. I believe the trainer (or trainers, as the case may be) take priority over the people simply attacking a spawn for drops or something. Personally, I think 'training' with anything more than a S2E means the monster you're attacking is far too tough, and you should try something a little easier.

(Like the other week, where I encountered someone 'training' the Gargoyles with a Titanium Long Sword and semi-full iron plate..... ;) )

I totally disagree. PvE shouldn't mean you must kill everything barehanded.

A some monsters due to their respawn rate produce the same exp using a weapon with less srs\hes usage.

A great philosophy. Next time somebody pushes in to the queue your standing in for few hours mind this person has probably more rights to be in the queue than you, why? Because was strong enough to push in.

A some monsters due to their respawn rate produce the same exp using a weapon with less srs\hes usage.

Not necessarily barehanded, I acknowledge that sometimes it is warranted to use a weapon for the bonuses it provides. But surely restoring every ten seconds while in full armour isn't going to provide the best SR/HE usage at ogre level?

A great philosophy. Next time somebody pushes in to the queue your standing in for few hours mind this person has probably more rights to be in the queue than you, why? Because was strong enough to push in.

Way to completely take my post out of context.

Not necessarily barehanded, I acknowledge that sometimes it is warranted to use a weapon for the bonuses it provides. But surely restoring every ten seconds while in full armour isn't going to provide the best SR/HE usage at ogre level?

Why would you be bothered with another player way of training? Keep your nose close to yourself or somebody might want to cut it.

Why would you be bothered with another player way of training? Keep your nose close to yourself or somebody might want to cut it.

... That's exactly like saying, "Why bother posting in Disputes at all?"

... That's exactly like saying, "Why bother posting in Disputes at all?"

If you want to tell people how they should train there's a wonderful "Skills" forums. Disputes has nothing to do with your idea of good and only proper way of training, does it?

If you want to tell people how they should train there's a wonderful "Skills" forums. Disputes has nothing to do with your idea of good and only proper way of training, does it?

Again, you fail to understand my previous post.

I am not informing anyone how to train, and we are not discussing the how-to's of monster mashing; the thread was created due to spawn serping. I don't see any reason why repeatedly attacking something way above your levels, decreasing the experience the trainer gets -- and making it harder for them to train, shouldn't be considered anything but spawn serping. The same end is reached, i.e. the trainer receives significantly less EXP due to someone killing the things he should be training on much faster, even if the means are different.

I can accept it if the other attacker(s) are simply wanting to test their skills, I've killed a few things way above my own level using full armour/weaponry, but not if a trainer comes along and has full intentions to gain exp.

Edited by Aphistolas