Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LeoI

Magic Immune

mages need to block some hits (so a decent coord is needed)

lol unless your gonna train a/d quite high as well (which i assume your not, you want to be a mage), dont bother about coord... if you only have 50's def, whether u have 20 coord or 40 coord isn't gonna do a thing against some 100+ a/d'er.

Just take phys.

then there is the issue of mana, vitality should have some pp too, so maybe somebody could tell me where to get 30pp for a nexus wich doesn't do anything but making you able to cast a spell ?

No way i'd put pp in Vit if i was making a pure Mage, why would i want mana/toughness/charm when i could have mana/health/rat?

My point is, 30 pp on a nexus is perfectly reasonable, if you think it's not, it's because you believe you need extra pp's spent on attribs where you actually dont.

imo anyways.

mages need to block some hits (so a decent coord is needed)

lol unless your gonna train a/d quite high as well (which i assume your not, you want to be a mage), dont bother about coord... if you only have 50's def, whether u have 20 coord or 40 coord isn't gonna do a thing against some 100+ a/d'er.

Just take phys.

then there is the issue of mana, vitality should have some pp too, so maybe somebody could tell me where to get 30pp for a nexus wich doesn't do anything but making you able to cast a spell ?

No way i'd put pp in Vit if i was making a pure Mage, why would i want mana/toughness/charm when i could have mana/health/rat?

My point is, 30 pp on a nexus is perfectly reasonable, if you think it's not, it's because you believe you need extra pp's spent on attribs where you actually dont.

imo anyways.

Great m8

perhaps you should hace 30 human nexus to weild a glowy / rare sword? Or wear taht sexah dragon armors? If that was the case, to be a pro fighter you would need 15000000gc's for the nexus.......and a choice would be made am I a fighter or a mage? A nexus is literaly worth 500k (lets face it we all like to buy them if we can afford it) 30 nexus to cast a spell that some n44b needs only 7 to carry the proest n44bs thermal swords? there is no balance here is it....As for p/c ..a mage only needs this for emu... Melee combat is not for everyone

Your understanding of EL PK is obviously second to none, i'm sure u know better than asgnny or myself.

IF MI GETS SCREWED UP OR WE'RE GONNA HAVE SPELLS FOR 'MAGES' THAT GO STRAIGHT THROUGH IT, IF U DONT MAKE IT 30pp IN A NEXUS THEN THE HIGH A/D CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT PPL WILL ALSO BE THE PR0EST MAGES... and will rip any new "pure mage" to shreds in a matter of seconds... ie. nothing will change for the wanna-be pure mage, they'd stil lget smashed by all the current PK'ers.

Understand now?

Edited by Korrode

Your understanding of EL PK is obviously second to none, i'm sure u know better than asgnny or myself.

IF MI GETS SCREWED UP OR WE'RE GONNA HAVE SPELLS FOR 'MAGES' THAT GO STRAIGHT THROUGH IT, IF U DONT MAKE IT 30pp IN A NEXUS THEN THE HIGH A/D CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT PPL WILL ALSO BE THE PR0EST MAGES... and will rip any new "pure mage" to shreds in a matter of seconds... ie. nothing will change for the wanna-be pure mage, they'd stil lget smashed by all the current PK'ers.

Understand now?

Oh, I understand korrode. I have been around these eternal lands for a while......I am not trying to get into a flame war with you, as I honestly respect what you have to say. That said...................How many pure fighters (regardless of overall levels and a/d magic levels) have 48 will 48 reasoning atm??????

Count them here pls

?

How many fighters have 48/48/48 P/C/R

?

and ummmmmmm I think some of your guildies have met a mage recently that pawnxzord tehm to undozworld? saw something about that on the forums here

so "HIGH A/D CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT PPL WILL ALSO BE THE PR0EST MAGES... and will rip any new "pure mage" to shreds in a matter of seconds... ie. "

And aS second to none? I have been pking a long time in this game..Not always on the winning side..Been around long enough to get the jest of this game... so ummmm to quote a EL master Your understanding of EL PK is obviously second to none, i'm sure u know better than asgnny or myself.

asgnny, sorry to keep quoting you

Wiz

Edit

OO are you really comparing yourself to asgnny?

Edited by Wizzy

How many pure fighters (regardless of overall levels and a/d magic levels) have 48 will 48 reasoning atm??????

I dont understand what that has to do with it?

Few to none would have both Will and Reas maxed, but many have one or both or them high.

If you make it so the mage is only strong when they have Will and Reas both maxed, surely that badly discriminates against the mid-level mages?

It seems, by your logic, that you think a pure Mage should only be strong once they are very high levels (i.e. will&reas @ 48).

and ummmmmmm I think some of your guildies have met a mage recently that pawnxzord tehm to undozworld?

Yes, tbh i lol'd when i heard this (and that particular guildie was quite pissed)...

All it did was serve to prove the a person CAN be an effective mage within the current system, with MI just as it is.

...and i hear my guildie aint the only victim of this 'Mage' in the last few days either.

Thanks to the ebul Mage who's been out there pwning with harm for assisting in invalidating this entire thread :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Edit

lol no ofc not, gnny and me both just happened to say "30 pp":

You could have all self affecting spells (eg. restoration, shield, portals room, etc.) except MI require no nexus, and all offensive spells (harm, mana drain, etc.) and MI require a lot of nexus... say 20 pp's on a nexus before u can cast life drain, poison and harm, and 30+ pick points on for MD and MI.
Unless the nexus requirement is something ridiculously high (like 30), the top fighters (who already have the highest magic levels) would surely spend the necessary pickpoints and easily destroy any so-called "mage" in PK.

That's the kind of amount that would be required to ensure most of the current high a/d PK'ers wont also be powerful mages.

EDIT2:

I dont deny though, the Mages would deserve some pr0 spells for their 30pp, enough to make up, in combat strength, for the loss of 30 pp's on attribs.

Edited by Korrode

Understand now?

Oh, I understand korrode. I have been around these eternal lands for a while......I am not trying to get into a flame war with you, as I honestly respect what you have to say. That said...................How many pure fighters (regardless of overall levels and a/d magic levels) have 48 will 48 reasoning atm??????

Count them here pls

?

How many fighters have 48/48/48 P/C/R

?

and ummmmmmm I think some of your guildies have met a mage recently that pawnxzord tehm to undozworld? saw something about that on the forums here

so "HIGH A/D CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT PPL WILL ALSO BE THE PR0EST MAGES... and will rip any new "pure mage" to shreds in a matter of seconds... ie. "

And aS second to none? I have been pking a long time in this game..Not always on the winning side..Been around long enough to get the jest of this game... so ummmm to quote a EL master Your understanding of EL PK is obviously second to none, i'm sure u know better than asgnny or myself.

asgnny, sorry to keep quoting you

Wiz

Edit

for a top fighter, which means 130+ attack lvl u don't need 48/48/48 p/c/r you can limit yourself to 40 or maybe 32 or 36 reasoning if you use right armor / weapon setup and you will prooly hit anyone - need 48r though to kill marro, masterpiter and few others otherwise its ok. :rolleyes:

but to give u an example, mango 120+/125+ a/d had 40/48/44/16/4/40 p/c/r/w/i/v which would have made him TOP mage + TOP pker - I read most of the topic and magic IS linked to fighting. Why would you change it anyway. For a mage class ? just make the mage class for PVE !

Mage class is more efficient than fighter for killing dragons.

As for pking - bypassing immune would only make the strong stronger. mp said : stronger fighter wil restore less anyway. Therefore he will have more mana to harm and spam spell than the weaker fighter.

You ever tried people to fight on a multi map ? LeoI KF IS NOT DPA - 1 step in, you get ganged (unless you're L.A with 90% el allies but thats not the topic) - which means you will get spell spammed by millions of people.

Try it : 8 people harming you bypassing your immune spell while u fighting 3-4 of them, maybe u will last 10 seconds.

Moreover : i'll take it now to the non multi maps such as NCA : fight 1vs 1 you will always have someone to harm, AND while you don't fight, casting spell is 1 econd so imagine yourself being harmed every 1 second (and thats if there is only 1 guy) but most often 3-4 ppl in the arena while you fight means u get harmed 4 times / second. pro pro idea, plx remove immune spell !!! ! i'm a kamikaze

this thread is silly, tempest said it : its because some dpa bored fighter want it more easy even. I come to highlvl pking you will see... if this is implemented, there will be diss/tele on sight. Btw train your magic level ? Radu increased the essies for drain from 4 to 6 already, will become more expensive maybe ?;)

edited some typo

Edited by Michic0_oL

2 quick ideas come to mind:

2. To make being a mage useful in PK introduce an item such as "Robe of the Mage" where when worn gives the person the ability to break through MI. This would make a mage useful but would also make them weak, lacking the sufficient armor.

I like this idea, even though it could use some refinement. It would mean a Mage character build would be absolutely screwed in close quarters combat, but pretty effective at range.

You ever tried people to fight on a multi map ? LeoI KF IS NOT DPA - 1 step in, you get ganged (unless you're L.A with 90% el allies but thats not the topic) - which means you will get spell spammed by millions of people.

Try it : 8 people harming you bypassing your immune spell while u fighting 3-4 of them, maybe u will last 10 seconds.

Moreover : i'll take it now to the non multi maps such as NCA : fight 1vs 1 you will always have someone to harm, AND while you don't fight, casting spell is 1 econd so imagine yourself being harmed every 1 second (and thats if there is only 1 guy) but most often 3-4 ppl in the arena while you fight means u get harmed 4 times / second. pro pro idea, plx remove immune spell !!! ! i'm a kamikaze

this thread is silly, tempest said it : its because some dpa bored fighter want it more easy even. I come to highlvl pking you will see... if this is implemented, there will be diss/tele on sight. Btw train your magic level ? Radu increased the essies for drain from 4 to 6 already, will become more expensive maybe ?:rolleyes:

edited some typo

first off, i used to go pking in kf regularly before i made this char and it just got too boring - never anyone around to kill because of timezones or ppl just not bothering to go to pk, so i didnt bother eighter.

and i hate it when ppl say things like "8 people harming you bypassing your immune spell while u fighting 3-4 of them, maybe u will last 10 seconds." why cant it work both ways? if there are 8 ppl fighting you at the same time your prob going to die anyway unless they are crap at pk

i wasnt suggesting "plx remove immune spell !!! ! i'm a kamikaze" i wanted a way to make it less powerfull and have a reason for ppl to build a mage char because as it is if your opponent is any good at pk they will cast mag immune straight away.

i mean look at Dugur, he is the only person i know who made a mage build. sure he killed force first, force could have seen that coming, but the other two? you think they would have copped on and eighter used mag immune / walked out of the arena / attacked him. ozmondius said he was naked as well. i know Dugur is great at pk but thats just ridiculous that all 3 were slow enough to die

and 1 on 1 you said "imagine yourself being harmed every 1 second" , again it works both ways, theres nothing stopping you from doing it too, but one second is a lot so that could be helped by putting a cooldown on spells like other ppl in this thread have suggested.

for a top fighter, which means 130+ attack lvl u don't need 48/48/48 p/c/r you can limit yourself to 40 or maybe 32 or 36 reasoning if you use right armor / weapon setup and you will prooly hit anyone - need 48r though to kill marro, masterpiter and few others otherwise its ok. :P

but to give u an example, mango 120+/125+ a/d had 40/48/44/16/4/40 p/c/r/w/i/v which would have made him TOP mage + TOP pker - I read most of the topic and magic IS linked to fighting. Why would you change it anyway. For a mage class ? just make the mage class for PVE !

1stly 44Reasoing and 16 will is not a very good mage build.Perhaps you are unware just how rationilty is realated to spells other then restore? There is a big big difference between 30 rationality and 48

I am not saying that the Magic Immnunity spell should be wipped. As Leoi has suggested perhaps it is worth looking into. Like I suggested, if there was a "remove immunity" spell, it should cost a lot of mana, mana that most fighters would not have to spare. 100 mana for a spell like this would not be unreasonable.

I doubt being able to remove Magic Immunity would make the game better in any way. I admit that the idea is tempting, removing others defence completely and landing few hits and going for another kill, but this is a bit selfish. I know it's bloody frustrating to notice someone having magic immunity active, but it's even more frustrating to blink and notice you're in the underworld.

It's been mentioned that the top a/d would just become stronger if the immunity removal / bypassing would be implemented. If this happened, the PK would be mainly harm frenzy or at least the melee part of PK would lose some of it's meaning. I honestly think that ppl should be able to make the most of their skills and actually enjoy playing. As a "mage" the gaming might be a bit more enjoyable with a way to be able to take down a prepared fighter, but then again it'd suck to be a fighter + it might make character builds and strategies homogenous.

Yes, I have managed to take down some peeps in PK areas with magic only, but I have also been overran by them or just fled without action. Currently magic can kill ppl because they haven't seen the full potential yet or just didn't recognise a threat, a mistake you normally don't make two times. I'm expecting ppl to pay more attention to their MI in near future, which will make my character build weak, since there's no chance for me to even damage a good PKer. Not too bright future, eh?

A mage can also heal, not just harm. I can keep a fighter alive if there's a way to stay alive doing that, summons don't have MI and will go down with harm so there's lots of things to do while supporting a fighter and waiting for the MI to go down. I'd love to see more supporting characters in PK (or maybe I don't spend enough time in PK areas to have witnessed this) Mages are useless if there's MI available?

But since I'm selfish and want to get the most off from my current build, I suggest letting MI almost be as it is, but making the chance of error higher (the player fails and char dies). This means reducing the lenght of MI and maybe increasing the essence or casting cost (mana.) One chance could be to have the MI lenght vary between a time range (for example 30-90 seconds), effect depending on mag and rat but even with highest builds having a small chance of lasting short time. This way you couldn't be sure when the spell wears off and leaves an opening for the magic.

Still, what isn't broken can't be fixed. More than MI removal I'd like to see oher spells changed to mag+rat based. I'll start whining if there's only MI ppl all the time out there. (But I'll guarantee I won't complain if the MI is changed bit and more rostos gone as a result :P )

first off, i used to go pking in kf regularly before i made this char and it just got too boring - never anyone around to kill because of timezones or ppl just not bothering to go to pk, so i didnt bother eighter.

and i hate it when ppl say things like "8 people harming you bypassing your immune spell while u fighting 3-4 of them, maybe u will last 10 seconds." why cant it work both ways? if there are 8 ppl fighting you at the same time your prob going to die anyway unless they are crap at pk

u will die faster before u can kill 1 or 2 :P if ur immune is bypassed

i wasnt suggesting "plx remove immune spell !!! ! i'm a kamikaze" i wanted a way to make it less powerfull and have a reason for ppl to build a mage char because as it is if your opponent is any good at pk they will cast mag immune straight away.

i mean look at Dugur, he is the only person i know who made a mage build. sure he killed force first, force could have seen that coming, but the other two? you think they would have copped on and eighter used mag immune / walked out of the arena / attacked him. ozmondius said he was naked as well. i know Dugur is great at pk but thats just ridiculous that all 3 were slow enough to die

I spoke to Force, he is claiming dugur casted 2 spells in 1 click

and 1 on 1 you said "imagine yourself being harmed every 1 second" , again it works both ways, theres nothing stopping you from doing it too, but one second is a lot so that could be helped by putting a cooldown on spells like other ppl in this thread have suggested.

but putting cooldown on spell would suck if you are hunting dragons and stuff ;) and i men, look @ NCA : like 2 ppl fighting and 3 there to catch the diss... means 3 people who can harm you 1 time / second change it and you will see how pk will suck :)

for a top fighter, which means 130+ attack lvl u don't need 48/48/48 p/c/r you can limit yourself to 40 or maybe 32 or 36 reasoning if you use right armor / weapon setup and you will prooly hit anyone - need 48r though to kill marro, masterpiter and few others otherwise its ok. :P

1stly 44Reasoing and 16 will is not a very good mage build.Perhaps you are unware just how rationilty is realated to spells other then restore? There is a big big difference between 30 rationality and 48

I am not saying that the Magic Immnunity spell should be wipped. As Leoi has suggested perhaps it is worth looking into. Like I suggested, if there was a "remove immunity" spell, it should cost a lot of mana, mana that most fighters would not have to spare. 100 mana for a spell like this would not be unreasonable.

because YOU think you can teach ME how to pk or build a char ? ^^lol. stop thinking you are so pro ^^ 100 mana for a spell like this... sure :) so imagine urself fighting 1 persone 1 other looking. that other one could just remove ur immune while the other one is fighting you. would be way too easy "mage class" "mage class" just for noobs who don't wanna train a/d imo and who wanna go pk. And if 1 vs 1... first one who removes the opponents immune spell and cast drain wins, that idea is silly.

quick edit : i think the best idea would be add a new nexus, like "Wizzarding", put special spells with required nexus, such as immune removal but make it enough nexus so that you can't be wizzard + fighter... something like 40 nexus. but with hydro pp sooner or later it will be possible for top fighters to have thoses special spells. And anyway this only works for 1 vs 1 but for 2 vs 1 one wizzard + 1 fighter vs someone else would be overpowered.

Edited by Michic0_oL

id like the nexus idea only if they increased magic power even by a little, because 30 or 40 pp is well too much to spend just to be able to cast a spell. a way i can think of stopping hydro nexus ppl is to have it so it increases your combat level and make pk more combat level based, of course then it wouldnt be too fair to the higher level ppl (but how many ppl other than those around their combat level do they actually fight?)

atm i prefer the magic resistance suggestion and have it based on magic level and rationality like other spells

Yeah, plz make MI removable by others and kill PK, plxplx...

Freaking DPA nubs >.<

-Kad

Yeah, plz make MI removable by others and kill PK, plxplx...

Freaking DPA nubs >.<

-Kad

did you even read any posts in this thread? no "DPA nubs >.<" suggested having mag immune removable by others, actually it was mainly higher level players who suggested that

dont turn this into a stupid flame war

Edited by LeoI

tbh i dont like this one bit, pk as it is now if you forget to recast just for 2 seconds you get mana drained and end up fleeing or dis/tele right away.

if there is gonna be any changes to the MI spell like make it removable by others then there is gonna be less pk, ppl just arent interested in going to pk get owned by harm and mana drain in like 5 seconds and then walk back from hell.

original poster doesnt pk? spend a week pk'ing actively and then make a suggestion, this idea wouldnt even had crossed your mind then

i dont get why yous all think this is just about making mag immune removable. that wasnt my suggestion at all. i dont think that would help but read the thread ffs and look at the other suggestions before posting

If a suggestion needs to be made about magic immunity, how about having a variable duration, based on magic level and rationality? The current duration is a full 90 seconds of immunity, from level 30 magic and up. This would leave mage types with an advantage, but not render everyone else dead in 3 seconds (again, see the screenshot above).

good idea ^^

If a suggestion needs to be made about magic immunity, how about having a variable duration, based on magic level and rationality? The current duration is a full 90 seconds of immunity, from level 30 magic and up. This would leave mage types with an advantage, but not render everyone else dead in 3 seconds (again, see the screenshot above).

good idea ^^

yep but it won't change much in the end ;)

Seriously now, every person who makes such a stupid suggestion like this i have NEVER seen in PK before except on NDD's.

and honestly.. i'm not joking.. i think people should get a ban for that shit. it's not like i come here and post a suggestion about Dung exploding in crafters hand either after i failed my first ring.

Removing, changing, or doing whatever to the magic immunity will instantly fuck up PK. and sure.. you can come here now and post stuff like "nono look if we do it like this it won't kill pk" but then again.. before you post here... GO INTO A PK MAP, not DP arena, and not a 15 min discussed FF either.

Edited by Tempest

Seriously now, every person who makes such a stupid suggestion like this i have NEVER seen in PK before except on NDD's.

and honestly.. i'm not joking.. i think people should get a ban for that shit. it's not like i come here and post a suggestion about Dung exploding in crafters hand either after i failed my first ring.

and all you ever hear from pkers is how shit and dead pk is, which is fucking ridiculous when they instantly shoot down any pk related suggestion, especially when they say it will wreck pk. how do yous even know something like this would ruin pk when yous arent even open to testing it? IMO its things like not being bothered to try or assuming all pk related suggestions will destroy pk (even though all you hear is its destroyed as it is) that will never make pk better. if you have a suggestion lets hear it.

Removing, changing, or doing whatever to the magic immunity will instantly fuck up PK. and sure.. you can come here now and post stuff like "nono look if we do it like this it won't kill pk" but then again.. before you post here... GO INTO A PK MAP, not DP arena, and not a 15 min discussed FF either.

if you read the fucking posts youd see i said i used to go pking regularly before i made this char, but it was boring waiting around for 1 person a day so i decided to leave too, buts thats all off topic. you see someones name youve only seen from DPA and you think - crap suggestion, they dont know crap about real pk. - be open to suggestions and dont just flame them for the sake of flaming them

Edited by LeoI

how do yous even know something like this would ruin pk when yous arent even open to testing it

We play this game for more than 3 years kk? We know which will change things, we got experience, we dont talk shit like 1-2 months-old newbies. KK?

All people flaming down Leoi... all suck.

Just read fucking first post dumbasses.

The thingy Jaclaw quoted made sense.

how do yous even know something like this would ruin pk when yous arent even open to testing it

We play this game for more than 3 years kk? We know which will change things, we got experience, we dont talk shit like 1-2 months-old newbies. KK?

honestly like, why do even bother posting? its just pointless flaming i didnt want spamming this thread. iv played for 2 and a half years. who gives a crap if youv played a few months longer?

(sorry if he doesnt like me using it as an example but..) entropy made the game. he said in one of the first few posts

How about not :) 50% is way too much :rolleyes:

Well, initially I wanted 100% :)

People are right, that spell kind of makes magic useless in PvP.

which is basically what i was suggesting in my first post. so by your stupid logic this is what im getting: entropy has played longer than you so he knows more than you do and what will change so you are teh noobz0r for thinking it are sucky idea kk??

go read the fucking posts before spamming useless crap like that

EDIT: it would be nice if a mod would be kind enough to delete these posts

Edited by LeoI

Actually it would be better if you stop insulting and cursing at everyone who disagrees with you. If you post an idea, you have to expect people for it and against it.

@Wizzy if you come back to this thread: learn to use quotes please, your posts are too hard to figure out.

Actually it would be better if you stop insulting and cursing at everyone who disagrees with you. If you post an idea, you have to expect people for it and against it.

@Wizzy if you come back to this thread: learn to use quotes please, your posts are too hard to figure out.

me insulting? do you mind finding me an example of that? and i only curse when they curse. i dont mind ppl disagreeing but posts like "we know more cos we play longer" or "another DPA nub >.<" is just pointless spam and doesnt help anything