Eternal Lands Official Forums
Chosen

Change to DP Arena.

Hm, all i have to say about this Idea is a Big NO

I say this because it would just make it harder for the newer people to get into pk, and make it where 69/69 a/d people would come just to kill people, i like Leoi's suggestion better, since CL is partially based on P/c from what i know so NO for this idea

Before somebody says i dont know, well i have fought at dpa, it gets seriously tedious, and although this change would let me pk there, i still wouldn't go for it, mainly because it would just mean a/d<40 people would be at an even more adavantage to pk, so it would cause more problems and not manly lower level new players would pk

:cry::P

Now it sounds like you guys keep bringing up the issue that Naralik arena is out of the way... so what if the 60's arena was moved to Nordcarn?

If you plan on making the existing arena in NC 60's and messing up PK a little more then NO or do you plan on making a new arena ?

Nc is the a very well used arena by all levels. if you are thinking about changing any . WS would be the best option

Changing WS isn't a bad idea, but IMO, Arena's are used alot more than Maps/caves.

Combat Level Arena's isn't a bad idea either, but there are still lots of ways around it, and could be exploited alot.

Btw, if I wanted to PK in DP I would pay for a rollback, to my old stats/attributes. Thats np, but I would rather have it capped higher, to increase PK there that little more, cos tbh, for a 60s char, there is no PK.. Unless, you get some 25M Attack & Def exp, or roll-back for DP.

waiting to kill and jump your bag

i wont take your bag..

want to kill ppl and bj,

No one considers player killing (pk) someone and keeping the 'drop' bagjumping.

bully trying to coax me in the arena, telling me to follow them, they will show me secrets...

Ok, this is called 'luring' and I don't consider it player combat, so assuming that all pkers are 'luring bullies" is wrong.

(albeit its quite common at dpa, 2 man team is the only way to get consistent kills)

but very few places for newbies to practice

keep the big bad bullies out of it!

Regardless of how 'newb' an area is made, an experience player will always make an 'alt' to pk there. If DPa was max 20ad,

there would be pumped 20ad noobs played by experienced players, killing the real new players. As for the rest of your post,

I don't know how it has anything to do with this thread.

---

So On Topic, IMHO I don't think by widening the gap between a real 20-40 noob, so they can be destroyed by a ts'd 69ad person,

could in anyway increase pk at DPa. It would only allow a handful of top alts\charas to rule\own\pwn\dominate DPa for alot longer.

LeoI's comment on combat level based would solve this, but this whole thread highlights for me, why level limit arenas do not help

anything at all. So are any of the new level limited arenas active? beyond Korrode's contests? Personally I just see, the easiest

arena to level a char to pk in, is the most active. Whatever takes the least effort wins.

Just my opinion (I know 'don't tell me how to play')

But really 60-80 ad, is a few weeks of leveling(If that), isn't time better spent gaining levels, than spending hours trying

to bait people into desert pines arena?

These kind of posts make me want to remove all PK maps/areas on c1.
ya well, ya cant :)

DP arena will stay 40. Now it sounds like you guys keep bringing up the issue that Naralik arena is out of the way... so what if the 60's arena was moved to Nordcarn?
If it has to be an existing arena, WS city arena would be the best choice.

What would be best imo, is an arena in Portland, perhaps in the forest north of storage, east of the lupine bush. make that 60 a/d.

But yeah will need to mod the map.

What would be best imo, is an arena in Portland, perhaps in the forest north of storage, east of the lupine bush. make that 60 a/d.

Just make the area around the lupine bush PK, then PKers could make money with their skill as well :)

Just make the area around the lupine bush PK, then PKers could make money with their skill as well :)

I think an arena in Portland, on the western side of the map (NW of the titanium mine entrance) would be pretty neat. I might go watch fights occasionally :medieval:

Any arena for 60s, not on C2, or in some lame map in C1. Portland map, is a main map, nice close storage.

Nice idea.

Hm.. I don't like the idea. Sorry.

Portland doesn't need to have any fighting other than with Bob :bow_arrow:

I say make do with what you have.

I like the combat lvl idea :bow_arrow: Then it would actualy be fair unlike it is now :S

Portland doesn't need to have any fighting other than with Bob :)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but such things aren't actually up to you, no?

My bro is pretty pr0 with the EL map editor... Entropy, if you like this idea, and need someone to modify Portland map with an arena, just lmk :D

Sorry Ace but u seem to be un-justly against so many ideas about PK these days. If people don't like your first thought, then you're just like "screw it"... kinda BS... PK'ers should be listened to over non-PK'ers wild speculation that "Portland doesn't need to have any fighting other than with Bob :P".

Why doesn't Portland need anymore fighting than bob the gob?

Edited by Korrode

Portland doesn't need to have any fighting other than with Bob :)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but such things aren't actually up to you, no?

My bro is pretty pr0 with the EL map editor... Entropy, if you like this idea, and need someone to modify Portland map with an arena, just lmk :D

Sorry Ace but u seem to be un-justly against so many ideas about PK these days. If people don't like your first thought, then you're just like "screw it"... kinda BS... PK'ers should be listened to over non-PK'ers wild speculation that "Portland doesn't need to have any fighting other than with Bob :P ".

Why doesn't Portland need anymore fighting than bob the gob?

thats the biggest load of crap ever...Portland is NOT a PK map, so why should PKers opinions automatically be more important than mixers? Its not like Ace is asking for a dramatic change to a PK map..

thats the biggest load of crap ever...Portland is NOT a PK map, so why should PKers opinions automatically be more important than mixers? Its not like Ace is asking for a dramatic change to a PK map..

Disclaimer: This isn't directed at Shurjal, just saw another faction opinion battle.

[opens vent]

I've recently returned to an "allrounder". Once again, I'm reminded who are the primary #2 mass consumers in EL are:

• Power Levelers (attack\defense, craft, manu doesn't matter, people that spend freely to gain levels)
  • Player Killer\Combat

I am both, but have removed myself (almost, fur, npc items) as a consumer since I can make almost all of my own things.

I do have surplus I would like to sell (summon stones, armors, rings,etc) and my primary market

'players who combat other players', with a lesser market of 'players vs environment' (invasions,etc).

SO we are going to get nowhere if we constantly see pkers vs non pkers as rival factions and not key economic

components to eternal lands. I do suspect rostogol usage is always higher amongst pkers, than invasion participants.

AND with this said, the constant opinion that player fighters are somehow morally corrupt vermin of the game, is dumb, unfounded

and just a leak of a real world pacifist opinion onto a game. The truth is, in real world capitalism, war is the single largest consumer.

(digression: I'm reluctant always to use the abbreviation 'pker(s)' since its been demonized into an evil faction.)

So imagine, you have a server of just mixers, since mixers generally make their own "ess, pots" who the hell do

they sell to? I can make attack defense physique coordination potions, what mixer is going to buy 100s of them from me?

Sorry after watching this loop for couple of years, I'm starting to lose meh mind :D.

[/closes vent]

I would prefer to see pk maps crowled w/o artifical rules but every1 who pked even 10 minutes understand that pking is time consuming anyways.

If u make pk area in some place that is not used it will still be not used, arena in portland on the way from blue lupine bush to storage is quite a nice idea( or from lupines to flower shop;p).

Its very crowled place so ppl dont need to travel a lot to do pking, and they could check if something happens in the arena while just making money.

The more( often) ppl check the arena the more pking u will see there, if the arena is far away from crowled places( like for example every c2 arena) it wont be popular.

Good example of quite used arena is nc arena, since its very close to votd and nc storages so ppl check on that arena often. Im sure there is more pking in nc arena than in naralik catacombs arena( excluding tournaments;p) even tho nc arena isnt a/d limited :(

mp

How will an arena in Portland affect mixers?!

I don't have a problem with mixers.

I don't have a problem with fighters who don't PK commenting on what they think could be changed so they would PK (their opinions and suggestions are arguably the most important).

What i do have a problem with is a person who does not PK, does not level a/d, a person who i am quite sure no matter what changes are made to EL PK will never PK, being extremely dismissive of the opinions and suggestions of long time PK'ers.

I would also like to confirm; who designed the new Kusa arena? I think it was Ace, but either way, one thing i know for sure, is it was not a long time EL PK'er who designed it, as there are serious design flaws, primarily the single, narrow entry.

The entry can so easily be blocked, and even unblocked it's harder to get out of the arena, which when one considers the cost of rostos and the fact that a diss-tele to EVTR is costing close to 400gc where as a diss-tele in c1 costs under 200gc, it's not a design that will generate as much PK as possible.

Our beloved Nordcarn arena of course has one entire side open to be entered/exited via, which is one of the many components of what makes NCa so liked.

So, in direct response to your question Shujral:

"why should PKers opinions automatically be more important than mixers?"

On the matter of the physical layout and location of PK areas in EL, the opinion of PK'ers VS the opinion of "mixers" (i.e. people who only mix, who do not ever want to PK, no matter the changes to PK)... the mixer's opinion couldn't be more irrelevant.

We're not talking about a change to the mathematical side of EL combat system where the opinion of a mathematician, whether they PK or not, is important... we're talking about locations. The people who will clearly know the best locations for PK sites are those who regularly travel the existing EL PK sites.

A mixer (specifically, a non-PK'er) is far less qualified than a PK'er to select new arena locations, and the location of PK arenas will have little to no impact on mixers. Thats why PK'ers opinions on this subject are more important than mixers.

EDIT:

Also Shurjral, please, next time bold the entire sentence, not the few words you can twist so it looks like i said something i didn't.

Edited by Korrode

LOL PKers are the ones who saving mixers, how could you find someone to sell all your essences then??

Plz stop complaining for the sake of EL >.< :)

Every map does not need a PK area. I hear complaints there are too many, so why add more?

Portland is good as is.

And I'm not against PK suggestions, Korrode. I'm just tired of reading them, because no matter what we do, without totally reworking the game, then PKing will not be like it used to. It has been said in other topics that there is PKing, just not as much as people would like.

And PKers do not save mixers.. monsters do. I think more stuff is lost from fighting monsters than from fighting players :)

And PKers do not save mixers.. monsters do. I think more stuff is lost from fighting monsters than from fighting players :)

Ahh yea monsters are the one training 7/24 sorry :)

[snipped to my nitty-gritty]

SO we are going to get nowhere if we constantly see pkers vs non pkers as rival factions and not key economic

components to eternal lands.

Sorry after watching this loop for couple of years, I'm starting to lose meh mind :).

FFS :) I've given up, I'm now quoting myself.

we are back to the mixers vs pkers replies.

Self Interest aside, how about looking at this from:

Supply:

• Mixers & Miners
  • Shop
  • ?

Demand:

• Pkers (are all the next category, PvE, pking drives ad leveling)
  • PvE (invasions fighers,trainers aka ad leveling)
  • Leveling, Power leveling where the required items are made by another skill etc (like animal parts for summoning)
  • ?

Instead of the silly "whose game playing style is more important ingame nonsense" ?

Every pk related suggestion goes way the hell off topic with mixer vs pkers pissing contests.

Yes, but arent many ppl who fight monsters doing it only to get some a/d and money which is needed for pk?

I can only say from my experinence, i wouldnt play eL at all if there would be no( or very very little :) ) pking in the game :)

Every map does not need a PK area. I hear complaints there are too many, so why add more?

:)

Isnt is being proposed that Naralik arena be moved ? so its not really adding more arena's just moving one.The sum total of arena's will still be the same.

2 out the 3 arena's added last update will hardly ever be used ( if at all ) , they are in the wrong place's and capped at the wrong level's ( Non-Pker's choices per chance ? )

Seriously If you want to improve summoning you ask summoners, If you want to improve crafting you ask crafters , If you want to improve Pk you ask Pker's,

Is it honestly hard to understand that you ask the people with the most experience in their field for advice ?

Edit: And yes as groups of players we all get it wrong at times . IE: The players who thought a non-rosto TD would be great

Anyway I cant see what the arguement is about, personally I dont see that Portland needs a Pk arena...

Just cap Ws arena at 60,

1 ) It's close to tele in points ( diss/WS ring brings you back close)

2 ) It's close to Nc storage, so players can resupply

3 ) It's close to Nc arena , so Pking is being kept in the same general vicinity

4 ) It's on a well used map, so players can check it as they go about their daily routine

5 ) It's not overly used at the moment ( compared to Dp, Nc arena's)

Most non-multi unlimited Pk goes on in Nc arena, so moving Naralik to Ws imo can only benifit the game and not hurt it

Edit: When I talk about asking Pker's, that doesnt mean everyone who has ever Pked, just the ones who mostly know what they are on about,

EG. Asgnny, Mp, Korrode, Toom, Omg, Robotbob etc ( and no, I dont include myself in that group )

Edited by conavar

And I'm not against PK suggestions, Korrode. I'm just tired of reading them, because no matter what we do, without totally reworking the game, then PKing will not be like it used to.

But nothing is ever actually done.

Lets look at recent dismissed/unimplemented suggestions:

* Change the specifics of TD.

We presented 3 possible options:

1. Make rostos work.

2. Make rare great swords (like JSoC) effect not work (which makes sense for oldschool PK map).

3. Have a set of allowed equipment.

* Increase gc dropped by monsters in PK

* Drop free PK map

* PK City

* Keep on death slots

* Some kind of drop when killing player who has rosto (gc was suggested iirc)

* Boat from KF to c2

* Slight exp bonus for PvP'ing in KF forts

And this is just what i skimmed off the first 5 pages of suggestions.

None of it has been done. They cant all be bad ideas, and trial running an idea wont freakin hurt anything.

You're tired of PK suggestions? We're tired of putting a lot of thought and time into ideas we think will really help PK, really increase the fun, and getting almost none of it implemented, for all we know not even discussed or considered.

EDIT:

Just cap Ws arena at 60

Although i think an arena where i said in Portland would be the best choice, this certainly is the next best thing.

Edited by Korrode

@Acelon

@Chosen

We're getting something, it's better than nothing.

You, Chosen, could be key in ensuring a 60 a/d limited WSa arena is well used....

Lots of people out there happy to go fight PkG members, just send some #ig spams for people to come fight.

...of course, if you're just gonna BRoD every person who fights you in the arena, then yep, it'll be dead :):D