Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

ranging

im totaly new to ranging..questions

whats best way to train ranging ? i seem to hit nothing at all :/ not even rabbits ..hit them like 1 time each 10 shots lol?

attributes ?

gear?

whats diffrent on types of bows

thx

hmm smile with bow yay ;*/ :)

better bow=better missile accuracy,but lower exp

lower distance=better accuracy,lower exp

googles(+30 perception) might help with hiting that rabbit (but again,lower exp)

and attributes probably instinct/reasoning for perception ...

and at night,usually better exp (but also lower accuracy...)

:bow_arrow:

Eh, I'm an alchemist, and I haven't determined all the ways to train yet, but heres something:

Like in RL, its easier to hit a stationary target. Try to wait until your target stops before you shoot at him.

I'd think you'd want to take lighter armor that doesn't impare your accuracy. (leather should work)

Also use a Sun or Moon medallion, which increases your accuracy.

Avoid melee combat at all costs, it is extremely easy for your bow and arrows to be broken in this way.

Hope this helps.

i managed to get lvl 10, but i miss tons.. even on rabbits.. when move or not move

imo this skill is abit buged

lol i wonder if u still miss rabbits with lvl 50.

i mean.. if people need max reasoning/instinct to hit a rabbit ... rofl no1 will be pr0 archer anytime soon except high lvl fighters.

Resonably close targets that are stationary is the best way to go.

I found rabbits were far to fast so went for larger targets like bears (bigger target so you dont have to move that mouse so fast to track it) shoot him when he lays down to idle. Worked wonders to start with. Once you shoot him back peddal a few step then shoot him again.

Btw: range lvl 24, perception of 4, i dont wear goggles. Just takes a bit of practice and patience

Easiest way is to buy shit load of training arrows, wait for invasion in Bethel and shoot giants & Dragons from the cliffs.

Also you might want to try with friend in pk map and stand shooting at each other then you got a stationary target but you both need to heal every now and then.

aka ohmgod

LMAO

You aim at a drag / giant i'll laugh

I hope you know that higher level monsters that have higher coord will dodge more :D

I laugh when people say "Oooo I got 70 exp from giant" I got a 79 from a rabbit with no goggles perception of 8 with max range

Just takes some time and it's not that bad, do a bit of harvesting and blast some arrows, the devoted ones will level fast the ones who do it for the sake of doing it won't

LMAO

You aim at a drag / giant i'll laugh

I hope you know that higher level monsters that have higher coord will dodge more :D

I laugh when people say "Oooo I got 70 exp from giant" I got a 79 from a rabbit with no goggles perception of 8 with max range

Just takes some time and it's not that bad, do a bit of harvesting and blast some arrows, the devoted ones will level fast the ones who do it for the sake of doing it won't

I think you haven't participated to the invasion for saying that. The invasion was a really easy way to increase your archery skill... Personally, almost all my shots touched their target and I had around 25xp per shot. Can you do better?

EDIT: typo

Edited by Schmurk

I'd think you'd want to take lighter armor that doesn't impare your accuracy. (leather should work)

Also use a Sun or Moon medallion, which increases your accuracy.

I think moon/sun meds don't increase accuracy with bow/xbow.

You can check it with #arm command - the last line is Missile accuracy ...

in case you are afraid to lose stuff, train on creatures you can easily kill. then you can avoid crying cos you wont die if you come to hand to hand combat

Not saying it doesn't help, i'm saying that training on a giant (as some have openly said they do) is funny and pointless

I got 18 range lvls from last bethel invasion, before i ran out of arrows didnt take much time at all. Maybe i would have got more from rabbits(?) with same amount of arrows but i couldnt be damned chasing the fkers around the map for hours on end.

aka omg

i managed to get lvl 10, but i miss tons.. even on rabbits.. when move or not move

imo this skill is abit buged

Try to remember back to when you were making your first fes. Or your first thread. Didn't you miss a ton then too? You can't expect to not have "crit fails" in ranging, except they're called "missed" there.

lilcnoot

i heard instinct/reasoning do only good for perception

is it smart to cap this attributes out? 48/48 and maby wear nightvisor?

or is this overleveled.. and u dont need more then lets say 20 reasoning

cuz at a certn point you can see evrything in your screen right? or are you able to shoot enemys that move far away from what you see in your screen?

Edited by scarr