http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...=si&img=468

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...=si&img=467

Diss. ring not work

I can't move

I can't attack

after re-login a get this again:(

i'am here

"You are in Egratia Point - The Arena. [132,99]"

I think, if some one kill this clop i can test arrows again:)

well sorry, cant help you if ur not online lol

online now, just only disconnect

Thank you very much, Tempest.

Edited by loly

hehe well now u know it definitly had something to do with the clops :)

anyway i guess its when the clops tries to reach you but the wall is in his way, you cant move and not diss either since your not really in combat, just under attack xD

Very interesting.

Were you able to actually fire arrows at him from where you were?

I'm re-emulate this bug for you.

i'm in "Egratia Point - The Arena. [128,98]" now

how-to get this:

I'am stay on any position which named "Egratia Point - The Arena", but not inside arena, and attack any ciclops inside arena(ferans and loapard couldn't be attacked)

after a successful hit, ciclops tries to come to me, and i can't move, use diss.rings, attack etc.

I am using last datafiles from RC10

Edited by loly

Ok, after trying to reproduce it together with Sampaio, i *might* have an idea what happened.

Creatures dont attack you, when you shoot at them, with one exception:

Shoot at them when they far enough away from you that you dont get the "Too close" message, then pray that they are walking towards you and the arrow/bolt hit them, when they are close enough, that you could attack it in normal combat.

Then they attack you.

And when there are palisades between you and the creature, the described situation might happen.

The creature was hit (by the arrow), when the player is not too far away for a "normal" attack, so the server thinks, the player is in combat mode and moves the creature towards the player and the player cant move anymore.

But in fact the player is in shooting mode, so diss rings dont work.

And then youre doomed.

Logging off and on didnt help, because the time between logging off and on wasnt long enough, so the char was still in game.

So i would blame that small time frame between shooting at the creature (player is in shooting mode) and the impact of the missile (server thinks, creature was attacked in "normal" combat). And that might cause that some internal server stats/flags are messed up.

Piper

From looking at my code, the creature autoattack mode is triggered in the same way as if casting harm..

Did anyone notice a problem with casting harm in the recent past?

From looking at my code, the creature autoattack mode is triggered in the same way as if casting harm..

Did anyone notice a problem with casting harm in the recent past?

I tried to cast harm at an ogre on test server which was at the top of the screen and got

Spell failed! Target out of spell range!

But i was able to shoot arrows at it, so there is at least a difference between harm spell and shooting arrows.

Then i harmed a cyclops which was close (a few steps) to me and it didnt attack me.

Then i harmed a cyclops which was even more close to me and it attacked.

Harmed some trolls who where close to me and they attacked.

Harmed a troll who was more away from me and it didnt attack me.

Its all a little bit hard to test since the monsters decided to move a lot, but it looks like i can harm monsters and they wont attack me. And when they are too far away for the harm spell, i can shoot arrows at them.

Piper

Odd, I had shot arrows at fluffy in KF and I was pretty close and it didn't attack back. Same with the birds.

Has there been any progress with this problem? I had it happen at least 4 times tonight on the PK server and it's pretty frustrating. Perhaps it's already done just the PK server needs to be updated?

In this case it was off a boat with a clear path up the ramp. They just didn't "see" it or something and it triggered the bug as described above.

Logging out for a few seconds would fix it. I could also cast spells (if the critter was in range) while trapped, but nothing else (couldn't fire an arrow, or flee, or dis-ring, etc).

There was one time I escaped, but I'm not sure if it's because I clicked the flag on the boat, or if something else happened.

similar thing happend to me once at naralic.

I mana drained a spider that was upstairs near the npc, after that i couldn't move because i was under attack but couldn't fight either because it was out of reach. Dis ring didn't work and cause i didn't have any harm spells i had to logoff. Later it happend again and i took of col and put it back on to LD the spider.

So it is not something that only happens with ranging, its more when you trigger the monster to combat it doesn't have a clean path to attack you.