Eternal Lands Official Forums
molime

petition for attributes cap

Attributes cap - yes or no  

449 members have voted

1. 1. Attributes cap at 48

• Yes, cap like this
    • No, no cap at all

NO NEVER! i voted NO!, i play EL for the freedom of having no caps, unlike WoW where once you get level 80, youve pretty much lost intrest in the game, thats why EL is so interesting, no level caps, free to do what you want. just my opinion tho.

hmmm..... I know people who have level 80 chars on WOW, and I know there are things you need to get to the cap to do.

And it's why people on WOW buy level 80 chars.

But this is a different and better game, so why care about WOW ???

i used to play WoW and i had a level 80 character, AND once i had hit the cap of the game i lost interest in the whole thing, so it might be the same for EL, once you max out your attributes (tho it would take a while) you would likely lose interest in EL i know i would, same as a few friends.

and i think most of the harvesters would oppose this petition for the reason that the EMU would be left at 960 which means less quantity of the item your harvesting. :P

I think its importent to realize this is a attribute cap. Meaning, you will still be able to level your selection of the 11 availible skills. Each new level you get in those skills, you have new items to make. Each new a/d level you get, you have new monsters to train/fight. I fail to see how maxing attributes will act like the end of the game??

EDIT: typos

~kGn

Edited by kaGen

NO NEVER! i voted NO!, i play EL for the freedom of having no caps, unlike WoW where once you get level 80, youve pretty much lost intrest in the game, thats why EL is so interesting, no level caps, free to do what you want. just my opinion tho.

hmmm..... I know people who have level 80 chars on WOW, and I know there are things you need to get to the cap to do.

i used to play WoW and i had a level 80 character, AND once i had hit the cap of the game i lost interest in the whole thing, so it might be the same for EL, once you max out your attributes (tho it would take a while) you would likely lose interest in EL i know i would, same as a few friends.

and i think most of the harvesters would oppose this petition for the reason that the EMU would be left at 960 which means less quantity of the item your harvesting. :P

I'm a harvester, an I can live with 960 emu. And it was also hinted there would be things that can increase emu if there was a cap (cloaks, crowns, etc).

I'm a harvester, an I can live with 960 emu. And it was also hinted there would be things that can increase emu if there was a cap (cloaks, crowns, etc).

After lots of thought I agree. The only real issue I had with this was the lower emu. I seen a screenshot with masterpiter and a 1500 EMU and was envious.. but I realize this.. How damn hard is it to walk to storage when you fill 960 emu? Its not hard at all. and if you have a "problem" with "only" being able to carry 960 emu then bring a friend and now you have 1920 emu! :)

*cough* DUH YES!

I would've voted 'no' but I don't think my vote matters. Anyway, this cap thingy is going to ruin the game for me and thus I'm quitting. No need to ensure my quitting, because it already happened. I can't live and level in constant fear that the next day everything changes (again) and all my hard work was for nothing. Playing games should be fun, EL isn't fun anymore. Oh well, this is going off topic, so I'll just shut up and be gone forever.

Change doesn't ruin a game, you rlike many other people who are afraid of a little change, so you flee when you see them. I'm glad your gone if you leave due to a change in the game, that should not ruin your game play but it should heighten it. People who get bored with EL generally get bored of the saem thing over and over again, which is why i like the fact that EL is always Eternally changing. Makes me look forward to the next client updatge and makes me wanna play all the more. :P

#edit typos

lol? So I'm somehow a bad and unwanted person if I'm not like you? I just cannot understand change for change's sake. I'm not fleeing, I've recognized a chance to gather enough anger to get back to rl and enjoy it instead of wasting my time harvesting pixels.

And sorry for coming back to respond, personal insults just are something I don't like for some mysterious reason.

lolx, max level on WoW is 70, and its illegal to buy Characters on Offical Servers.

Also, like WoW, there's so much more to do once you reach the cap. But, the cap here is unreachable..

Voted Yes :P

...once you max out your attributes...

How precisely are you going to do it? PPs from max OA are far too low to max them. Even with all neg perks, you won't reach it. Let alone some PPs for nexi...

...and i think most of the harvesters would oppose this petition for the reason that the EMU would be left at 960 which means less quantity of the item your harvesting. :P
As I said in the last poll, I'm the #2 harvester in the game, with an 800 EMU. This cap will not effect my carry capacity at all.

I am over the cap in physique, so I'll probably just move those recovered PPs into Coord to maintain my EMU. I'll loose a bit off my max health with less phys, but I can live with that.

i have to use CoL while harvesting coz MN ALWAYS ATTACKS ME!!!!! :):P:P

and the item (if created) would probably cost a fair bit, and i harvest to get the gold, and less EMU means i spend more time harvesitng to get the gold, and i got better things to buy then a capacity cape or whatever it would be called, and i know other people would rather buy other items then a EMU increaser, given a choice between the EMU increaser and a CoM id choose the CoM, but liek i said before, its just my opinion.

lolx, max level on WoW is 70, and its illegal to buy Characters on Offical Servers.

Also, like WoW, there's so much more to do once you reach the cap. But, the cap here is unreachable..

Voted Yes :)

expansion backs. DUH!

I suppose the emu caps argument would be null and void if someone even mentioned deletable resources. Such as flowers, ores, and minerals.

Edited by Raytray

i have to use CoL while harvesting coz MN ALWAYS ATTACKS ME!!!!! :P:):P

and the item (if created) would probably cost a fair bit, and i harvest to get the gold, and less EMU means i spend more time harvesitng to get the gold, and i got better things to buy then a capacity cape or whatever it would be called, and i know other people would rather buy other items then a EMU increaser, given a choice between the EMU increaser and a CoM id choose the CoM, but liek i said before, its just my opinion.

Take a deep breath and calm down.

Suskie, you have p/c 12/32 now, with 22 will. Trust me, when you have 48 physique (which you'd need to max out the carry capacity that's so important for you), you'll laugh at MN, and COL is more luxury for it than 'needed' (and then still, people really managed to harvest well without CoL for a long time :)).

Also, if you spend all your pickpoints from now on physique/coordination, you're overall level 91. That's a lot of harvesting. And the gold you make now, will seem little compared to what you're used to then.

I really don't mean this as a 'lower levels don't count', because they do, and we all were once. But, at low levels you don't know yet how things will be later. I took MM perk as newbie because an MM cloak seemed so expensive :P. As a few harvesters/mixers have said: 960 isn't so little. I don't think there are many harvesters that have more, maybe with a few rare exceptions. The huge EMU's you hear about, are mostly of fighters. Not harvesters. And it will really take you a while to get there. You won't have less EMU, you have way less EMU *now* than what you can still get with the cap. You talk as if you'd lose EMU now, which you don't.

(says the mixer with 'only' 840 EMU, managing well)

I voted yes again.

On a side note, I dont think it is okay to get snippy with people who do not feel how you feel. Each are entitled to their own opinions. Those that vote yes have the right to do so without snippy comments and those that vote no ALSO have the same rights.

This nitpicking bickering cutting one another down is really not necessary.

And that's my two gold coins!

i have to use CoL while harvesting coz MN ALWAYS ATTACKS ME!!!!! :):P:P

lol !! :) No one ever said you'll need to wear those EMU enhancing items. It's a choice, and if you choose to have the CoL then so be it. It nearly sounds to me like you're being forced to do something you don't want :):P

I once again vote "Yes".

For any players who plan to vote otherwise because of what the top fighters might think, go and actually ask them. I will happily discuss the topic in-game with anyone who wishes. I'm sure this same offer would be extended by most, if not all others voting in this poll/petition to begin with.

Now is the time to make an well thought out, informed decision. Get informed (then vote yes :P ).

Anyone voting in this thread should have read the first poll/thread in its entirety. So they know which way i voted :P

ahhh wth i say it here anyway: YES!!!!

Edited by Korrode

I voted NO. I'm against setting caps. I started playing EL because there were no limits.

this is just my opinion....we are all entitled to one so dont be biting my head off (like a few pms i have had)

As i said in other poll, we will be stuck with neg perks that we would not have taken if we knew levels would be capped...and to answer the pms i am one of the "older" players who have been here since the start, i stuck with it through thick&thin. I remember the famous bag bugs full of gc and the game crash when we lost our first chars..This is the 2nd char i have got to 100'soa lvl and i have been through alot of resets.i am very happy with this char, finally....now i would have to reset yet again.

I like this game because its is everything that runescape&WOW isnt, it has a great community and no limits to your character build.If this must happen :P ,We should have someway to get rid of our negs, even if you have to pay an NPC 100k to do so. because resetting again is just not worth it.

Why are we voting on this again?
Have you read the first thread/poll in its entirety?... I'm thinking no...

I think that you complainers who didn't get your way,

voted like the noobs you are.

Maybe you should have all discussed it in the original thread

before voting so we wouldn't have to go through this again.