Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT cape breakable, part 2.

Vote  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

My two cents: (old Yankee term for a personal opinion that probably won't make any difference anywhere.)

I advocated, and still do, for 'vanity items' bought from the website to be unbreakable, which will not come to pass. No big deal. The reasoning behind breakable does make sense, and everything in the game that we have earned (by any means) is/are breakable. Why should any cloak be different?

Obviously, the value of the item, NMT cloak or sewing needle, can be regulated by value and break rate. The math involved is way past my brain mush, but I believe that all items should be breakable depending on the odds.

Yes or No is really the wrong question. The break rate should be the source of this debate. 1:10 or 1:1,000,000,000.... or whatsoever in between. It seems the simplest 'yes or no' poll causes more anger than valuable input.

But now it's too late 'cause I posted in the wrong thread.... :P

Too bad that you voted against it, because many times you ask for something, you actually get it smile.gif

Oh oh .... mmm ..... i suspect Ent will put NMT dropping as hell now :P price will target 40k with luck :P

As you can all see this is a very close vote , people are taking sides

and it is turned into a hot topic , not only that it is so popular.

Thou I personally voted to keep it unbreakable , i strongly belive a

compromise would fit best.

With another kind of cape resembling the actual NMT , in a breakable

version , possibly having no more drops for the NMTs that now exist ,

will cause them to be a collectors's item worth zounds of GCs , $$ .

Thus people owning the old version will definitely not risk to take into PK

and lose it , will just use them to train , or maybe , just maybe , 'sell' the extra one's they have.

It is an exciting poll , and if NMTs do degrade and eventually brake all should do so , the ones people own now as well , as not to give an unfair advantage over others ( i am sure there are a lot of experienced veteran players around here that might just not have a NMT )

So, changing the NMT so that it has a certain "power level" which decreases with every averted breakage, and then finally breaks when that level reaches 0 (notice that the value of the item will also fall as the cape degrade) would make the NMT more alike the other form if insurances we already have.
<- go for it adding the feature to show the damaged rate they are in when trading , to avoid scams.

isn't it terrible? so much crying about something with such a name? :P

LoL :P indeed , so even if i voted no , there are ways

to cunter-balance it ( just a few ideas scouted on this topic ) as it has been said :

~ " No-more-tears stones " : acting like rosto and protecting your precious ghear from one breaking event .

~ buy stones that protect you for a certain amount of time.

~ have a bot to buy the NMT you own , trade it for a 'perk' ( but why not top that with a little extra , + 5 rosto stones maybe ? -just a thought , don't shoot - don't shoot- )

Also high levels Alchemists and / or Engineers could and might be able with combined skills , knowledge to obtain a special Essence / Stone you can 'use' so you won't break anything for 10 minutes ( as an example , take it and twist it as u like )

Why not have some potions doing that ? High levels mixing expensive / rare ingredients , give a chance to different skills to ' obtain a kind of NMT effect .

One to be a pro Crafter also having a goal to make " NMT Crowns " , that DO brake -just a tad harder , but are passable for that .

Tailoring , manufacturing the cape , only accessible to achieve such a product by high levels manufacturers.

it can change in any possible way the EL community sees as fit ,

or it can stay the same , i am sure the 'veterans' here , as it has been

pointed , will easily adapt , and us all will suck it up , and live with it

Is there any possible way to be able to change my vote :P ?

I hope that at least by posting this will count for Making NMTs Cloaks break , introducing more variety in the Game of EL , making it more exciting for all levels and all skills , having alternatives to the present NMT .

Who needs an Eternal NMT cape when this game is here for ever to stay and the server as many have pointed can be over-flooded with NMTs if this is not to change in any way?

Even with drop rate 0 , it has been said there are currently over 400 of such capes in game ?

As a final thought , wish not to impose 'my' personal views , and respect everyone's opinions on this subject ; i have read many well spoken arguments , making this polemic seem ' eternal ' .

But one way or the other , changes are part of our life , and this game

is a virtual version of that , so let's make it as realistically as possible .

Why not leave them unbreakable, stop monsters from dropping them and sell them from shop for $100usd each. That way Ent will get $ every time they enter the game. eg if 100 more enter the game in next 6months thats $10k.

If mine breaks from acid rain/brod i will be happy to pay for another for $ rather than serp 1000s of yeti and breaking armour like crazy.

I agree :P

Why not leave them unbreakable, stop monsters from dropping them and sell them from shop for $100usd each. That way Ent will get $ every time they enter the game. eg if 100 more enter the game in next 6months thats $10k.

If mine breaks from acid rain/brod i will be happy to pay for another for $ rather than serp 1000s of yeti and breaking armour like crazy.

I agree if Ents remove them all first :P

~ excuse me , but ' are we ' going to turn EL , or is the game going to turn out to be yet another game where you $$ pay for everything with your pay-pal , use your " what ever kind of credit card " ?

etc etc .... ? hhmm ...

sure that can be used , but to exclusively have only those kind of options that would surely drop the number

of people playing it , now when it is having such PR . Think Entropy is to decide that after all.

Thank you , and please , not another WoW ! :pickaxe:

Another advantage of NMT perk ^^ it can never break or worn out :)

Agreed!! an advantage for using the PPs for the perk. Never breaks, always with you.... and makes it worth taking if the capes are breakable.

i also think that there should be NO other "similar capes".... for now that is....

Edited by Misery_Machine

Guest ohmygod
~ excuse me , but ' are we ' going to turn EL , or is the game going to turn out to be yet another game where you $$ pay for everything with your pay-pal , use your " what ever kind of credit card " ?

etc etc .... ? hhmm ...

sure that can be used , but to exclusively have only those kind of options that would surely drop the number

of people playing it , now when it is having such PR . Think Entropy is to decide that after all.

Thank you , and please , not another WoW ! :)

P2P races, Adventures caps, Crowns, Tirias, Thermals are in game now how you think they got in?

Edited by ohmygod

etc etc .... ? hhmm ...

Thank you , and please , not another WoW ! :)

P2P races, Adventures caps, Crowns, Tirias, Thermals are in game now how you think they got in?

they have got manufactured of course! :) rofl :)

Heh, now its 181/181. Somebody should either lock the thread, or it would become confusing, if the decision has already been made.

And just a small suggestion for the future. If any new item is introduced, it should never be undestructible to avoid such troubles as with NMT. Items must flow in and out...

Heh, now its 181/181. Somebody should either lock the thread, or it would become confusing, if the decision has already been made.

And just a small suggestion for the future. If any new item is introduced, it should never be undestructible to avoid such troubles as with NMT. Items must flow in and out...

~ agreed , but then , when would it be all the fun of such a poll ?

and especially when not only that so many people participated ,

but interesting suggestions have been made ~

Like a NMT to brake , " cry me a river " :)

Guess we'll just have to wait and see , who else would vote , and maybe to also say why so .

The Point is just, and i think it got posted here allready, that ppl are just used to it beeing unbreakable

and thats what they thought when they bought one. So what i see is that you either leave it unbreakable

or get rid of it completely. I dont think it'd work out changing it.

Maybe with the poll as close as it is, Ent should just do what he feels is best, wether thats as his original idea or something differant ( and if it doesnt work as expected it can always be changed )

Because as the poll proves you cant please everyone all the time and whatever Ent decides someone is going to be unhappy or moan

I don't (agree). When you're not sure what to do about somthing, the best thing to do is nothing. So if the vote is to close to 50/50 to really call, it's best to make no changes until further information or choices are made available.

Edit: I never ment to imply Entropy was unsure of anything. I was speaking in general. The EL community is "unsure" of the best choice because the vote is close to 50/50.

Edited by bkc56

I didn't get the impression ent was unsure about anything, but actually was giving us the courtesy of a vote, which he honored even though it was very close.

Although I do agree for the most part that he should do what he thinks is best, because there will always be whiners whatever he decides about anything :)

Maybe with the poll as close as it is, Ent should just do what he feels is best, wether thats as his original idea or something differant ( and if it doesnt work as expected it can always be changed )

Because as the poll proves you cant please everyone all the time and whatever Ent decides someone is going to be unhappy or moan

Here Here, three cheers for that .

The Point is just, and i think it got posted here allready, that ppl are just used to it beeing unbreakable

and thats what they thought when they bought one. So what i see is that you either leave it unbreakable

or get rid of it completely. I dont think it'd work out changing it.

~ Well , why not ? If a bot would have the option to buy the NMT from you so you would not lose your investment ,

but also 'clean' sweep the NMTs that would eventually go breaking after all !?

I didn't get the impression ent was unsure about anything, but actually was giving us the courtesy of a vote, which he honored even though it was very close.

Although I do agree for the most part that he should do what he thinks is best, because there will always be whiners whatever he decides about anything :)

~ The EL community would eventually adapt ,

an important thing , the only one that counts , is making the game

more interesting and challenging as well as giving alternatives for

people to level , advance but most importantly ~Have Fun~

~ Everything brakes in life , under former communist regimes

they tried to make things last for ever , and it was for the worse.

~ If the vote closes with the NMT staying the same by just one vote ,

i will slaw myself with a tit long (have em in sto - just ready ,

just in case ) , since i voted 'no' but actually 'changed' my mind .

~ The adrenaline rush of just thinking to witness a major change

leaves me breathless , waiting to see how it will eventually turn out ,

and what -hopefully- will it be implemented .

Edited by falonor

Well, like I said, not a big deal.

Before making the poll, I did suspect that this might very well be the result, so I had a plan B already.

But I won't tell you what the plan B is.

Well, like I said, not a big deal.

Before making the poll, I did suspect that this might very well be the result, so I had a plan B already.

But I won't tell you what the plan B is.

yay i surprise, i love surprises! ;)