Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fedora

No Drop Map

But no drop day eliminates 'the angry person, I just died and coming back to kf without a rosto' from suffering from his\her mistake.

You have hit the nail on the head though as to why no drops day is so popular, even for us Not proper pkers. No drops day is free (unless you are unlucky enough to break items) you can die once or one hundred times it doesnt matter its costs you nothing, which is why people keep coming back again and again and again . If that was costing them items or a rost everytime how many times would they come back ? none ? once ? .

Any pk map/arena in which "it costs" people to die will never be a full as a free one, it takes time to replace the money for lost rosts/items so people spend time that they might prefer to be pking harving, alching etc.

Maybe its me being a novice pker and I see things differant than the pro's but I dont want your Col,Nmt, or armour ... why ? because I know how hard them items are to get and the work that is involved in getting them. I just want pk for the fun element of players on a pk map having a laugh and a good time .

No drops map should be just that no gimmicks , no cost to enter , no monsters to train on , just a map where people after there RL day can go and have FUN.

No drops map should be just that no gimmicks , no cost to enter , no monsters to train on , just a map where people after there RL day can go and have FUN.

I agree. Just no exp either. No cost = No gain, in absolute.

Edited by robotbob

It also eliminates any revenue we make from pvpers\trainers, Since they would use these 'safe' maps

instead. (Perhaps not trainers, depends on the monsters in the map, but it would be packed with pvpers

and not wannabe pkers)

They couldnt stay here for long, coz there would be always some1 who would pk them, even if way weaker :P

And even if they dont care for losing pk points and dont mind being killed/broded all the time( which would happen for sure :P ) they still wont make big exp coz most of the time they will be running/dieing, and not training :icon13:

If such a map gets implemented it should be small map( so its easy to find and kill pvpers) with at least 2 entrances( so u can always ambush entrance-campers), like for example nc pk cave, just my opinion :P

mp

Others might do but I dont have a problem with not getting any xp :icon13:

Still think just having a weekly no drop day or every 2 weeks would be fine oO like having one

on the weekend where probably the most players have time to parcipate.

ppl can do whatever they want in the time before no drop. maybe preparing with equipment essies etc

and then just have a fun no drop day.

Besides im pretty confused about all the "get rid off the rosto" topics when suddenly they all crawl outta

their holes when no drop day is lol

And conavar hit the nail on the head for me. i have exactly the same oppinion. i dont care if i get drops or

pk points at all. i like the competition and the excitement of pk. a nice electrifying fight is worth more to

me than any pk point or drop could be. just messing his own strenght with others, winning or loosing, then

training to try to get better is what its about for me.

thats MY spirit of pk imho.

:icon13:

No drop map, weekly/biweekly no drop days would be amazing. :icon13:

I agree with Scorpius, its not winning or losing that makes pk for for me, its the adrenaline rush.

I wish, oh, how I wish...

Still think just having a weekly no drop day or every 2 weeks would be fine oO like having one

ppl can do whatever they want in the time before no drop. maybe preparing with equipment essies etc

Besides im pretty confused about all the "get rid off the rosto" topics when suddenly they all crawl outta

And conavar hit the nail on the head for me. i have exactly the same oppinion. i dont care if i get drops or

pk points at all. i like the competition and the excitement of pk. a nice electrifying fight is worth more to

me than any pk point or drop could be. just messing his own strenght with others, winning or loosing, then

:icon13: My hero :P

I'd like to see some opinions from people in other timezones on this one (Aussie in particular), as they might not enjoy it as much if its at a inconvenient time each week.

I think this sums it up for me as well, I enjoyed the day, used up all my ess and sr's (even unstocked a few bots), died many times, killed less times, and made maybe 100k xp the entire day, but it was a blast. Dieing because you can't see your hp in a crowd of 10-20 ppl all fighting at once, when your not fast enough to look at the bottom of the screen to see your hp there, is not a bad thing, it's tons of fun. Some one on one fights I had lasted 5-10 minutes even with closely matched opponents (all TD of course).

But I do enjoy it as a random day, takes time to restock, and probably 1/3 or more of my income is from monster/player drops. Although I would not complain if I saw it as a bi-weekly event :icon13: TD+No Drop day = too much fun for me :w00t: I did check out the other pk maps as well, but I enjoy the longer fights even if they do take all my ess and pots :P

In summary, it's days like these, that give me motivation to go train some more, get those levels, and see who/what I can kill when the next similar event comes around. (As well as all the recent invasions, which have had the same effect for me)

I agree with Scorp also.

I'd like to see some opinions from people in other timezones on this one (Aussie in particular), as they might not enjoy it as much if its at a inconvenient time each week.
Just change up the times a bit. A no-drops day every weekend, but when exactly on the weekend can be random.

a no drops every weekend would be great :)

Yes it would be great! But in the other side it would make the Hydro ores less rare...

hmmm...but if i think better...are they rare now?

Troger

scorpius ftw!

a no drops every weekend would be great :)

Yes it would be great! But in the other side it would make the Hydro ores less rare...

Troger

I have never met any when I go after hydro.

When i want hydro i just go get it, i pay no attention to what day it is... except no rosto day i guess.

As Zamirah says; no one ever out there... except fluffy trainers.

As Zamirah says; no one ever out there... except fluffy trainers.

In a cave, which is not PK in addition :(

Edited by Khalai

I'm not into PK style fighting -- open battle field, pretty much anything goes, the object of the game is to kill and take from the other guy, etc. I don't enjoy the adrenalin rush from war.

I prefer PvP dueling, one v one, or friendly training of, say, a small group against one or against each other. Not looking for a rush. I like a relaxed, slower pace -- more like a tennis match than a football game. That's why I don't PK in EL.

But it's not the fear of losing stuff that keeps me out of PK, it's my style of play. I don't try to avoid risk. I've never used a rosto, and if I die and fail to get my db back, oh well, that's the game. If I lose expensive stuff, well, I knew when I put it on, I was risking losing it. I hunt monsters for exp more than drops, and if I could PvP the way I like, I'd be more interested in exp and points from that than drops. In fact, in PvP, I'd be most likely to return a db than keep it, assuming I was ever the winner, so someone who fought me wouldn't have to worry about losing their stuff - they'd get it back unless they were total jerks, in which case, I'd leave it where they dropped it.

So, if the goal is to get more people fighting, I wonder if bribing people with no drops and similar ideas is really the way to go. I wonder if more people would get into PK if they could get into PvP first, so they could get strong before exposing themselves to mass attacks, mass summons, and invisible and ts'd attackers.

I'm wondering this as a player who is not afraid to risk dying and losing stuff, but does not like to be beaten up, robbed, and murdered by people I never had any chance against, every time I step into a map or arena. It's not that I care about the stuff; it's that I find getting knocked out of the game as soon as I enter it to be no fun.

Edited by peino

I'm not into PK style fighting -- open battle field, pretty much anything goes, the object of the game is to kill and take from the other guy, etc. I don't enjoy the adrenalin rush from war.

I prefer PvP dueling, one v one, or friendly training of, say, a small group against one or against each other. Not looking for a rush. I like a relaxed, slower pace -- more like a tennis match than a football game. That's why I don't PK in EL.

I dont quite know if this is what your saying; but if it's 1 vs 1 fights with no summons you're after, i am too. I prefer non-multicombat arenas over PK maps. 1 on 1 strategy fights.

Not to say i dislike the PK maps, just that i prefer the arena fighting more.

I dont quite know if this is what your saying; but if it's 1 vs 1 fights with no summons you're after, i am too. I prefer non-multicombat arenas over PK maps. 1 on 1 strategy fights.

Not to say i dislike the PK maps, just that i prefer the arena fighting more.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Though I wouldn't mind training against a summoner if we agreed on fair terms for the fight. Same with training with or against a small group (for invasion practice :( ) if I ever get strong enough for that. But the difference between dueling and war is that, in dueling, you know who your opponent is, and you agree on terms before you start (sure, there's no guarantee that the other person will stick to the terms, but it's still makes a big difference). And when training with friends, I would definitely avoid killing my opponent.

I'm interested in testing myself against a fairly even opponent. I have no interest in fighting a weaker person, and I really, really don't like the style of PK that goes after easy targets. That's why I don't even go into arenas anymore, because of people who won't respect a private duel and who will attack PvPers who are obviously weaker and/or carrying less equipment, just for the "fun" of a quick kill. I used to go into arenas with friends wearing/carrying nothing but HEs to go box, but there's no boxing in the underworld, so I gave that up.

Well i like the opposite, all out war, where u fight to stay alive... big battles with lots of people in it... most of HIM was gathered at TD/DP entrance, so we had a few fights like that... also since there is no cooldown and no summon stones allowed battles lasted longer and even ogre/cyc trainers could participate.

and like korrode said if u like single combat, NC and WSC arena are also popular places on no drops, although i dont find it amusing when there are 3-4 people around u to catch ur diss/flee... makes it almost impossible to escape, but each to their own.

No drops isnt a bribe, its like an invitation to a party, where the alcohol is free :)

Well i like the opposite, all out war, where u fight to stay alive... big battles with lots of people in it... most of HIM was gathered at TD/DP entrance, so we had a few fights like that... also since there is no cooldown and no summon stones allowed battles lasted longer and even ogre/cyc trainers could participate.

and like korrode said if u like single combat, NC and WSC arena are also popular places on no drops, although i dont find it amusing when there are 3-4 people around u to catch ur diss/flee... makes it almost impossible to escape, but each to their own.

No drops isnt a bribe, its like an invitation to a party, where the alcohol is free :)

Cool. Have fun in the PK maps/server. ;) Just because it's not fun for me doesn't mean it's not fun for others.

As for me, I've never tried WSC arena, but I've been PK "mugged" while trying to PvP with friends 3 times at NC. I avoid that spot now. (People jumping in to catch your diss/flee is what I meant by "not respecting private fights.")

I don't have a problem with No Drops Day. Back when I was trying out EL's PK, I took advantage of No Drops days. That's how I figured out what I liked and didn't like around here. If people think a No Drops map would be cool, let them give it a try. Makes no difference to me. I just meant there's a lot of talk -- and a lot of attempts -- about making PK seem more appealing (reduce costs, add more rewards, etc.), and it never seems to make much difference. I was pointing out that none of that would make a difference to me -- cost/risk doesn't keep me out, and no-drops doesn't bring me in -- because it's the style of PK I don't like. If I could do it in a way that was fun for me, I'd do it no matter what the costs or risks, whether it was drops or no-drops. So maybe the cost of PK is only part of the problem why people won't get into it.

Edited by peino

As for me, I've never tried WSC arena, but I've been PK "mugged" while trying to PvP with friends 3 times at NC. I avoid that spot now. (People jumping in to catch your diss/flee is what I meant by "not respecting private fights.")

Why u try to pvp in the nc arena? Every scum and his dog checks regulary if there r some n00bs training in there who can be easly killed.

There r many other pk maps/areas. Go explore or ask around( smart thing would be to ask some of experienced guildies or friends about it). Some areas r not used at all: u can meet some1 else there maybe like once per day or even not 1 person all day long.

Maybe i surprise u but i was training on pk maps when i was in my 40's too, and was killed by pkers crazy amount of times, never had any problem with that( besides of coz training more to rape them next time they try to att me :icon13: ).

So maybe the cost of PK is only part of the problem why people won't get into it.

Ur 100% wrong here lool, u know who is able to pk in no drop days? All ppl who cant afford to pk in normal days, which means: weak and poor players.

I always liked in el that u can have fun even if u r way weaker from top players and even when u dont have big money u still can fight, of coz u lose often but its no biggie coz ur death cost u only like 2 minutes to go back from the underworld.

And other weak/poor ppl know that too, so u can meet them on pk maps too, which gives u nice fights.

mp