Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fedora

No Drop Map

After the no drop invasion of yesterday (Oct 28th) i came up with this idea. We could have a map where you have no drop in case of death. You have to pay a small fee (1k-5k) to enter. This map can be Tyrnim of past because it is not accessible from portal rooms (and the fee will prevent the exploiting of the teleport "bug" :D ). Once there you cant gain xp (or it could be easily abused). When you die you pop back in front of the NPC that grants access.

This way more people will pk just for the fun of it, more items will broke and more gcs will be spent (to make Entropy happy :( ).

P.S.

i dont know how pk points work...maybe you cant gain them in this map, if you want to be a pro fighter you have to risk, right? B)

I don't really get this idea. What would be the advantages of using this map?

<edit>

Yeah, I should have read carefully. t makes a difference.

Edited by Kheres

I don't really get this idea. What would be the advantages of using this map?

<edit>

Yeah, I should have read carefully. t makes a difference.

That people don't find another game to play because they find this boring. :(

I been thinking the same, maybe make breakrate for armor a bit higher on a no drop map.

I think most people would accept that.

And a lot of pots and essences would be used every day.

if there is a no drop map, what would be the use of no drop day? ;(

No drop days make the normal maps no drop and the no drop maps drop everything :(

What is the use of Scotty's vacation ?

Or Scientists day and Day of the print if you have read all books ?

Or Peace Day, Day of the dead, Day of the brave and Day of Sun Tzu if you are crafter ?

Or Labour Day,Increased rare manufacturing day, Increased harvesting events day, Green Day,Decreased rare manufacturing day, Decreased harvesting events day, Day of Recycling, Day of Joule or Day of Aleksei Stakhanov, if you are fighter ?

We have them in game :(

well some ppls love no drop day not for pking,but fo other things(mayby is a good time to try new monsters) :)

I LIKE VERY MUCH YOUR IDEA,but if it is no drop map,we have to pay more as 5kgc :)

good idea zami , we really need new ideas to get pk more popular ingame :)

but thinking about it i have to predict what will happened :

1-kf and other pk maps will be only for antisocial ppl <coz u need to talk to NPC to enter tirnym pk map >

2-rosto price will drop down sharply coz every1 will only go to tirnym

3-strong ppl will go afk for hours on tirnym gate to kill every1 that will enter coz its only 1 no drop pk map with 1 gate so pr0 ppl wont divide them selfs into pk maps, all will wait for u in tirnym gate.

but if this map was only for a certin range of a/d most likely all of what i predict wont happened .

still with the no drop hour idea- every day :)

Rock_lee

1-kf and other pk maps will be only for antisocial ppl <coz u need to talk to NPC to enter tirnym pk map >

3-strong ppl will go afk for hours on tirnym gate to kill every1 that will enter coz its only 1 no drop pk map with 1 gate so pr0 ppl wont divide them selfs into pk maps, all will wait for u in tirnym gate.

1) antisocial people (like me :) ) CAN talk to npc. We can travel to c2 (paying more), and even buy items from quest npcs...so we may as well pay more to enter the no drop map (ndm). Other pk maps wont be emptied because you dont gain any advantage (xp, items, pk points) in the ndm.

2) you still need rosto if you want to earn something from pking, partecipating in invasions, training or simply to harvest hydro...

3) mmm...yup. We may think about the npc teleporting you randomly in the map upon entering

@_lucifer_ well 5k is each time you enter ndm, you die 10 times, you spend 50k...i think it is enough :)

and good point about trying new monsters...maybe a npc in ndm can summon creatures (paying for it) to test your strength with...

but if this map was only for a certin range of a/d most likely all of what i predict wont happened .

still with the no drop hour idea- every day :)

Rock_lee

1. If the goal is more pk at all then this npc shouldn't ignore people with antisocial, I don't know any stats but I believe that most pkers got thit perk but on the other hands it's *negative* perk...

2. I believe that these days more rostos are used by people who train, mix with toads etc. than by pkers so i doubt that rostos price would be affected.

My opinions on this are just find more reasons for people to enter a pk map.

• Item Spawns (other games draw alot of people into pk for the chance of good items)
  • Maybe make the KF map size closer to Whitestone giving some people safety and increasing the fun for hunters.
  • NPC that will talk to Antisocial players. Logic being only an insane merchant sells in KF.
  • Perhaps a Pk Joker like Gicu that appears and drops a reasonably (or can) nice item once per new hour
  • A C1 pk map that contains safe zones so non pkers can watch (like an enormous arena) or gives cowards time to build courage darting in and out of the pk area.

Ideas like this. I am tired of these suggestions that come over and over by non-pkers

• rosto removal or changes
  • no drops (the anti logic when they claim no one pks because of rosto)

Back and forth on both suggestions (people dont pk because of no drops, but then a no drop day happens

and pk is packed. But then you have brods flying. repeat<- )

But honestly a no drop map will be met with those very complaints:

(No reason to go there, nothing gained except points. People brod me. blah blah Then make armor

break more on that map and add a new complaint.)

I have long term vested interest in PK since its now the part of the game I enjoy the most.

So I am annoyed when non pkers spit out a laundry list of changes to something they don't do.

still with the no drop hour idea- every day :D

Rock_lee

1. If the goal is more pk at all then this npc shouldn't ignore people with antisocial, I don't know any stats but I believe that most pkers got thit perk but on the other hands it's *negative* perk...

2. I believe that these days more rostos are used by people who train, mix with toads etc. than by pkers so i doubt that rostos price would be affected.

Was not my idea :)

1. some NPCs talk with anti people, like the NPC you buy nexus from.

2. maybe less rostos would be used but I think more EFEs and bindings would be used for armor.

I don't have an opinion on the basic idea, but reading through the comments...

What if 50% of the map entrance fee was "dropped" (created in a bag) if the person is killed?

That would remove some gc from the game, provide some profit to the PKers, and be cheaper than a rost for proventing the loss of gear.

Ideas like this. I am tired of these suggestions that come over and over by non-pkers

Maybe this people would like to PK, but start on a more "safe" map.

If you never PKed before, do you need to find out which spells to use and what you need to bring of ess and pots.

After the fun a lot of people had in pk on no drops day this idea could be ok. not sure about the 5k entry fee :) IMO you dont want to charge people to much for having fun. Maybe just have it as something simple. no npc needed you just need to have a platinium coin in your inventory to enter the map and when you die you drop the coin( or coins if you brought more than one)

If you never PKed before, do you need to find out which spells to use and what you need to bring of ess and pots.

DP and Naralik Arenas.

And I didn't mean you Zamirah obviously, given you are the only pker that has posted here.

DP and Naralik Arenas.

And I didn't mean you Zamirah obviously, given you are the only pker that has posted here.

When I started had I like 92/94 a/d and the reason I started was some no drop days where I died a lot and had a lot of fun.

So I never used DP or naralik.

I guess other would like to start PKing after they get a high level.

My opinions on this are just find more reasons for people to enter a pk map.

• Item Spawns (other games draw alot of people into pk for the chance of good items)
  • Maybe make the KF map size closer to Whitestone giving some people safety and increasing the fun for hunters.
  • NPC that will talk to Antisocial players. Logic being only an insane merchant sells in KF.
  • Perhaps a Pk Joker like Gicu that appears and drops a reasonably (or can) nice item once per new hour
  • A C1 pk map that contains safe zones so non pkers can watch (like an enormous arena) or gives cowards time to build courage darting in and out of the pk area.

• rosto removal or changes
  • no drops (the anti logic when they claim no one pks because of rosto)

Back and forth on both suggestions (people dont pk because of no drops, but then a no drop day happens

But honestly a no drop map will be met with those very complaints:

(No reason to go there, nothing gained except points. People brod me. blah blah Then make armor

break more on that map and add a new complaint.)

I have long term vested interest in PK since its now the part of the game I enjoy the most.

So I am annoyed when non pkers spit out a laundry list of changes to something they don't do.

My respect for your very smart suggestions, i found them deeply interesting. I would like to point out that my idea is aimed at having fun, not at reviving pk. I'm not a pker, yet (and i made it quite clear stating i dont know how pk point work) but i had fun yesterday...the kind of fun that make one curious and willing to spend resources on pk. I have no problems gaining enough money to buy rostos and go around in pk maps, but as you said, pking should be made better than it is to be attractive. So, what is bad in having a map for the fun of pking gaining nothing and losing some money (and items yup, if you get broded)? You may see it as a playground for people that want to get an idea of pking without much loss...

[..]

[*]no drops (the anti logic when they claim no one pks because of rosto)

[...]

I see two things connected with rostos:

- some would say that people don't pk because everyone use rostos so you can't get any drops

- others would say that these days you are forced to use rostos, so every death means lost rosto(or 15k-16k or 5$) but you have to have one first. It's not that much if you compare it to price of your equipment but that still means you can't die too many times.

And when you think about 2nd situation then no drop day/map makes a sense. As pker you won't get money from pking (as I've heard as I'm not a pker) so every lost rosto have to be replaced most likely by money from boring harvesting.

Edit: typo

Edited by Desertus

When I started had I like 92/94 a/d and the reason I started was some no drop days where I died a lot and had a lot of fun.

So I never used DP or naralik.

I guess other would like to start PKing after they get a high level.

Ok here is a cliché, Nothing ventured nothing gained. What perhaps would work in this instance is:

a "Sparring\Duel Arena\Ring".

I not being silly, but honestly a Ring\Arena that dampens the damage and removes the chance of dropping

items. But you need: Brods will not work, and no exp since it will be abused by pvping.

So, what is bad in having a map for the fun of pking gaining nothing and losing some money

I don't see any problem with it but I refer to the "Pk is dead, oldschool pk rocked" threads. TD didn't save pk,

instead its a good place to mix and train magic. (If you don't pk in teams, these people instantly diss, since

there is nothing to catch it).

I'd rather see additions to the base pk system instead of a bandage map designed to "save" pk.

I see two things connected with rostos:

- some would say that people don't pk because everyone use rostos so you can't get any drops

- others would say that these days you are forced to use rostos, so every death means lost rosto(or 15k-16k or 5$) but you have to have one first. It's not that much if you compare it to price of your equipment but that still means you can't die too many times.

And when you think about 2nd situation then no drop day/map makes a sense. As pker you won't get money from pking (as I've heard as I'm not a pker) so every lost rosto have to be replaced most likely by money from boring harvesting.

Edit: typo

But no drop day eliminates 'the angry person, I just died and coming back to kf without a rosto' from suffering from his\her mistake.

It also eliminates any revenue we make from pvpers\trainers, Since they would use these 'safe' maps

instead. (Perhaps not trainers, depends on the monsters in the map, but it would be packed with pvpers

and not wannabe pkers)

I make as much from those drops as I do from mining daily. (on average weekly).

Again after spending an hour walking in KF, killing the first person I see, I get "omfg! why u kil meh?",

or "u r mean, gimme back meh stoof now!". Some people want only risk for others and not for themselves.