Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
niemand

invasion 28/10/2007

I watched it over Holar's shoulder, he did some screenies, hope he will post them soon, I better knock him on the head so he won't forget it. :)

It looked awesome, although c2 underworld was a bit boring after a while, with yetis, poultry and giants everywhere... :P

No drop day was really on purpose, otherwise, nobody would wear anything down there :D

I hated the invasion as soon as I saw Radu broadcasted the no drops day.

I went to take a look because I decided to join a friend.

After about two minutes I decided it wasn't worth the time. Invasions have been screwed since a while and this was no better.

Maybe someone should get powermad Acelon off his high horse and have someone make some fun invasions. Not one where the only purpose is making people lag out or pwning them with 5942698692 Dragons. Invasions have to be hard, but you need to have a chance to fight back and apparently someone forgot about that.

I'm sick of the "hey I'll spam some low stuff to gather people.., oh crap it looks like they might kill em all, let's spawn a couple thousands dragons." attitude in the invasions. So I don't think I'll ever leave my spot to go check it out again, unless I know someone else is creating them.

Acelon, yea, you and I hate eachother, but that's not the reason I'm saying all this, it's not just because I don't like you. The invasions really are screwed imo.

-Blee

And what the fuck is your problem?

It was a non drops day, so not a big deal. If you don't like it, don't participate in it, no questions asked.

My problem are the invasions as they're made now.

And I didn't participate, I went to see and went away after 5 minutes.

And yes, it's no drops. But I'd rather have an invasion on a normal day, fun, with a good fight in it. Then a no drops where all you get is lagging out, no chances to fight back and stuff.

Btw, don't be so angry, I think both positive and negative opinions can be given out here. Don't shoot me for not liking it.

-Blee

Btw, don't be so angry, I think both positive and negative opinions can be given out here. Don't shoot me for not liking it.

-Blee

I am not angry because you don't like it. Many people do not like invasions and they chose not to participate.

But I have a problem when you come up with shit like: "Maybe someone should get powermad Acelon off his high horse and have someone make some fun invasions."

First, a lot of people had fun in this invasion and in the last invasions.

Second, this is not about power madness, it's about roleplaying. An invasion is supposed to be hard on a normal day, and extra hard during the non drops day.

I am not angry because you don't like it. Many people do not like invasions and they chose not to participate.

But I have a problem when you come up with shit like: "Maybe someone should get powermad Acelon off his high horse and have someone make some fun invasions."

First, a lot of people had fun in this invasion and in the last invasions.

Second, this is not about power madness, it's about roleplaying. An invasion is supposed to be hard on a normal day, and extra hard during the non drops day.

Well, I'll never understand why people like the "extra hard", aka dying every 3 seconds in hell, over and over for an hour. Maybe it's just me.

As for powermad, I made a slight mention Acelon and I hate eachothers guts quite bad, I guess it slipped in a little right there. :P

-Blee

all i say:

I dont like ur invsaion ace..

I cant go tolilet and not even talk my gf in RL for few min...and not getting killed...

Would u be nice and tell ppl like 1 hour or possibly 30min before u start such things?

would solve all my problems

And yes there went my rosto...:/

all is great but as u know ppl dont wanna lose their crap when they cant fight back as blood said..

Anyway i never have took part in ur invasions cause i just dont like them :P too much lag for me!!

Bye

Edited by veiks101

I went from one map to another with rings and all means i could to atleast die from a high lvl monster and i did succeed with it :(

The 25-30 rede dragons in VoTD was just mean but very fun!

Had a blast, nice to be particepating in teh invasion instead of reading about it here like i usually do or log in just after it.

I'll be waiting for the next one to come and hopfully i'm able to particepate in that one too :D

I think it was a great invasion...

Yes there were loads of monsters in hell - and people got stuck there - but as Ent says this was deliberately made a no-drop day.

If the Mods make the day no-drop - you know that the chances of surviving are about 0 and live with it.

I went in with the attitude to go for it - and did - I had a great time - bring em on!

I was in c2 underworld and died many many times. So did half of EL it seems. I didn't hear one single person complain of lag while I was there. And I have to admit I had a ton of fun trying to dodge giants and time my dis to get out, only to poof back to a little island. I liked it.

I was also in MM, dodging dragons and bashing cycs and grizzlies. Again, not one person complained about lag. But many people were saying things like "Run!" and "Look out!" and "W00t!" IMO dodging the high-level baddies and finding stuff you can kill makes invasions more fun, especially on no-drops day when one mistake costs you ttpr essies and not a rosto.

I don't know Blee or Ace one bit, but I have to say I'm enjoying the invasions. My only feedback is they would be even more fun if the buildup to higher level baddies was more gradual, at least for ordinary #day invasions.

all i say:

I dont like ur invsaion ace..

I cant go tolilet and not even talk my gf in RL for few min...and not getting killed...

Would u be nice and tell ppl like 1 hour or possibly 30min before u start such things?

would solve all my problems

Really? How long did it take before my initial announcement that I am going to change the day for invasion, until the invasion actually started?

I wish i had gotten there earlier, I came in just on the tail end of it, for the rabbits :icon13:

elscreen060.png

Rest of the invasion sounded fun also

But seriously, everyone is always going

"Ohmygoder0rz, y n0 dr0ps day n0 haPP3n A !ot??? M0rz plx!!!!!!1", and then when Ent. puts in a special no drops day, people bitch and whine about lag and difficulty? I don't know what to say to that...

I had a lot of fun afterwards at DP arena with many others, great time overall. Thanks Ent and Ace.

And a DP pic :P

elscreen061.png

Edited by Shujral

I like invasion and having them on no drops day is a bonus, my only gripe and its a small one is that players actions have no effect, be nice if players failing to hold a bridge/city gates against monsters would mean higher ones would spawn or if players held the gates then that map would be safe for the rest of the invasion, at the moment apart from running around killing stuff invasions have no purpose and Imo they should have

If the players hold the gate and the map is safe afterwards, many people will hate it, because they want to actually fight the monsters, they don't want the city to be safe.

thats true ent, its no fun to stand around and look like we are having a swap meet the more monsters the better :P and for those worried about lag who cares? all u had to do was walk back from the underworld nothing lost. excellent job guys :icon13: enjoyed the invasion and the no drop day

I use to have a lot of lag, but this was much better, even here

Great invasion! :P

rd3-1.jpg

hope for more again soon :icon13:

never tried the C2 hell but in mm were the summons more spread out, so better too.

If the players hold the gate and the map is safe afterwards, many people will hate it, because they want to actually fight the monsters, they don't want the city to be safe.

That would be true if most invasions were centered on one or two maps but since they flit between many, having "objectives" on one or two wouldnt hurt the overall theme

It was the best invasion i ever participated. The part in hell was so crazy - full of yetis cockatrice giants and some chims were just camping near our spawns :icon13:. But we broke the siege and got out finally! It was a real battle to get outta there. Plx more no drop invasions :P.