Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sywren

Vanity Items bought in store

In my personal opinion, no item should be immune to breakage, but maybe the vanity items could have a lower chance to break then currently to encourage people to wear them longer.

And encourage people to buy them. People might be willing to spend a lot of gc on something fancy that they could lose easily, but dollars/euros are another matter. I agree that less chance to break would be good for shop items that give no in-game benefit but just enhance a character's looks -- that wouldn't affect gameplay in any way at all. I still wouldn't wear a cavalier's hat to go coal mining, but that should be just a fashion choice.

Edited by peino

I agree with Sygon, these items really have no other use than looks so they should be permanent. Also keeping them breakable might frighten away some cash customers!

Normally we have a 3 weeks warranty for weapons from the shop.

That is because it's the proper use of them to fight with them.

lol please tell me your kidding :D

???

Anyway, I still don't think it is a good idea to make them break less, because it should be common sense not to wear them while fighting.

For example, you don't go do some gardening in an expensive suit?

And you don't go paint the walls or do construction work in your good clothes.

For example, you don't go do some gardening in an expensive suit?

And you don't go paint the walls or do construction work in your good clothes.

Training is not the same as painting. There is certainly a prestige to it. Most new players walk around looking for armor because it "looks cool" even though other players tell them it lessens the amoung of exp they get. Many top fighters pay real $ to for specialty characters or get smaller or bigger becuase they want to look intimidating or or make a point like "you got pwned by a little guy" or whatever. How is wanting to look like a pretty pretty princess while smacking gobs any different? Toomass doesn't get taller when he loses a fight.

All of the examples of cloaks, crowns, weapons, etc... don't count in this case becuase they were more than likely purchased or made for practical purposes such as increasing life or whatever. They gave the player some advantage. Objects that don't provide any advantage should not be subject to the same game rules because they don't contribute to the gameplay.

And yes, I do drive my very pretty sports car on dirt roads. And I wear makeup when I go to the store. And if someone ever buys me the pony I want, I'll wear a tiara while riding it. That's just how I roll.

Training is not the same as painting. There is certainly a prestige to it.

Ok, when you go to some martial arts club, you don't wear your expensive shirt, do you?

And yes, I do drive my very pretty sports car on dirt roads. And I wear makeup when I go to the store. And if someone ever buys me the pony I want, I'll wear a tiara while riding it. That's just how I roll.

I am sure that if you afford to drive your sport car (I assume it is low to the ground, yes?) on dirt roads, you are perfectly able to buy a replacement for the 15 usd crown :D

Guest ohmygod
Ok, when you go to some martial arts club, you don't wear your expensive shirt, do you?

The judo pyjama things are expensive. They are made especially for martial arts training. If they rip they can be repaired like new again no failing at that if the seamstress is any good at their job. They dont just fall to pieces or vanish into nothingness. Although what Chuck Norris is capable of im not sure.

$90 Thermal serps break doing what people buy them for which is killing stuff and they cant be fixed. This sux imo. I said it before but i would be happier if they degraded to modable serps rather than used serps.

The thermal serps do not degrade that often. There are over 100 of them in the game, and maybe one a month gets degraded.

As for the judo pyjama thing, that's better built than one of those 100 usd designer tshirts that are made in China for 60 cents each.

The thermal serps do not degrade that often. There are over 100 of them in the game, and maybe one a month gets degraded.

As for the judo pyjama thing, that's better built than one of those 100 usd designer tshirts that are made in China for 60 cents each.

Wait. Does this mean that you're selling us $10-$20 shop items that you get churned out of a sweatshop for a penny each? You capitalist running dog! :P

Anyway, it doesn't matter that much to me how fragile the shop items are, but if they're going to be *that* fragile, then maybe we need more parties and festivals to wear them at, to make them worth the buying.

Wait. Does this mean that you're selling us $10-$20 shop items that you get churned out of a sweatshop for a penny each? You capitalist running dog! :P

Anyway, it doesn't matter that much to me how fragile the shop items are, but if they're going to be *that* fragile, then maybe we need more parties and festivals to wear them at, to make them worth the buying.

EL could use a new social coordinator .... why don't you plan out the first several and send out all the invites, etc. If you do a good enough job, who knows what'll happen!

You got the store credit for free anyway! You lost nothing you didn't have before!

Tis better to have worn a tiara and lost it, then never to have worn one at all?

...then maybe we need more parties and festivals to wear them at, to make them worth the buying.

Thats why lumino had the EL gala back in july, anybody up for another party? ;) They certainly are a fun way to show off your fancy things, maybe we could all just take the darn item off for a few hours of the day while we train. Besides, they will hardly ever go away if they never break, and if there are more people with them then each of us is a little less special wearing them.

Wait. Does this mean that you're selling us $10-$20 shop items that you get churned out of a sweatshop for a penny each? You capitalist running dog! ;)

EL could use a new social coordinator .... why don't you plan out the first several and send out all the invites, etc. If you do a good enough job, who knows what'll happen!

I know what'll happen. It'll become my job, and at first the compensation will seem great, but within a couple of months, Radu will have me doing more and more, all for the same gc, and I'll be working 65 hours a week and never seeing my cat.... No way, man. That's how all my RL jobs go. :)

I'll think about it though. Among many things, I'm thinking about a calendar of EL holidays (not Special Days).

Wait. Does this mean that you're selling us $10-$20 shop items that you get churned out of a sweatshop for a penny each? You capitalist running dog! ;)

I know what'll happen. It'll become my job, and at first the compensation will seem great, but within a couple of months, Radu will have me doing more and more, all for the same gc, and I'll be working 65 hours a week and never seeing my cat.... No way, man. That's how all my RL jobs go. :)

I'll think about it though. Among many things, I'm thinking about a calendar of EL holidays (not Special Days).

Compensation??? Who said anything about that???? Do you think the mods get anything??

I know what'll happen. It'll become my job, and at first the compensation will seem great, but within a couple of months, Radu will have me doing more and more, all for the same gc, and I'll be working 65 hours a week and never seeing my cat.... No way, man. That's how all my RL jobs go. :D

Compensation??? Who said anything about that???? Do you think the mods get anything??

I was thinking of the glorious compensation of being able to play EL. :)

Guest ohmygod

They get a pretty mod cape to show off with ;)

They get a pretty mod cape to show off with :)

Is it breakable? :P

LOL cant stop laughing :D

They get a pretty mod cape to show off with :D
I seem to recall in the depths of my random accuracy memory that the capes cannot be traded or dropped, although they can indeed be broken while fighting. Edited by LabRat

I seem to recall in the depths of my random accuracy memory that the capes cannot be traded or dropped, although they can indeed be broken while fighting.

Hehehe... actually they can be dropped cos, ummm... well I did. :-P

At least, they can be dropped by the Drop All button and left in NC storage. ><

They get a pretty mod cape to show off with :)
I seem to recall in the depths of my random accuracy memory that the capes cannot be traded or dropped, although they can indeed be broken while fighting.

See, Sygon? Even the mods suffer thus. :D

Considering the original clothing we choose can't be changed.... and never breaks.... why not the same with vanity accessories that cost money? As has been said, it isn't armor or helpful in any way. Armor can be bought with cash, which has the risk of breaking, and can be bought in-game. Maybe the Vanity items should be exclusive to the store only and non-transferable in the game itself. More players will spend the cash knowing that is the situation. Role players who know they die with their tiara or crown and keep it will be happier and more likely to buy the items.

Um, not to be rude but.... what would it cost to be truly nekkid? That's how I play EL in warm weather....

After all, the shirts, pants, boots that we choose with character creation never break. So why not skin color all over? *Ahem* ... with the current bodily details, no enhancements, of course!

Meanwhile... Roja! Where is that thong I asked for? That's the one and only accessory I'll pay cash for! :P

So why not skin color all over? *Ahem* ... with the current bodily details, no enhancements, of course!

That's hilarious! :P Every newbie comes to IP naked! First clothes will be reward from Tutorial quest. Hehehe, that made my day, it really did.