Eternal Lands Official Forums
sithicus

price of saving stone and engineering potion

what would be the good price for saving stone and engineer potion.

At the moment I offer SS at 30k which is probably a bit much but we'll see if someone wants them within a week before lowering to 25k. Also the rarity of EME means I won't be able to make many of them.

As for engineering potions, I wonder. 100 each too much or about right?

Edited by sithicus

Um, since you're asking I have seen pc of SS being 20-25k :)

As for the EP, I pass on that, I wouldn't know, sorry.

I think Bots have been selling EP for about 100gc each still.. As for the Stones, some people trying to do trades for eMEs, but usually 20-30k is normal price.

I think if all from top10 craft( maybe top20 craft but not sure, i heard failures at saving stones occure pretty often even for top crafters) would decide to not sell for less than 50k, ppl would buy them at 50k each np :)

mp

Indeed, it's something that Crafters themselfs can set a price on, rather than having people ruin the prices of them.

Indeed, it's something that Crafters themselfs can set a price on, rather than having people ruin the prices of them.

Well, goodluck :) They can set them ,but if people wont buy them, then it will be lowered, meaning the non-crafters set the prices.

Works honesty in any skill... sad to say.

Well, goodluck :) They can set them ,but if people wont buy them, then it will be lowered, meaning the non-crafters set the prices.

Works honesty in any skill... sad to say.

To be honest, if the saving stone is expensive to make, and people won't pay the fair price set by the crafters then the crafters won't make them. So ultimately price is set when the crafter decides what his/her time and ingredients are worth.

Panda

Ah, the beauty of the market. Who sets the price - buyer or seller? The answer of course is BOTH! Without one of each no sales take place.

I have every confidence it will all work itself out. If nobody can agree on a price then it probably means the ingreds are too expensive and nobody will make the stones. In that case Ent would be advised to change the ingreds - but probably only after waiting a while to see how things work out.

Since one of the goals of the saving stone is to create demand for high-level potion items I'd focus on making the potioning ingreds the more expensive part of the final product. Adding too many EMEs/etc to the formula raises the prices which puts downward pressure on the potion components - since those prices are more flexible.

And the beauty of the saving stone. High price -> will be used as insurance for less mix -> less stone buyed.

low price -> used more -> more stone buyed.

even if it costs 74.999k it will still be useful to manufacturers making 75k ti plate torsos. crafters can charge whatever they want - eme are in such short supply there will only ever be a handful of saving stones around. you gotta pay to get your hands on one.

Well, if nothing else people will start offering EMEs and a pile of gold in trade. Some crafter will be willing to take only a modest sum if they're being handed everything on a silver platter. And if crafters really do succeed in getting the price up to 75k then people will refuse to sell EMEs for less than about 40k. They'll be worth more than that as ransom for the crafters.

It all works out in the end - if you even have 5 crafters able to make the product I doubt that the price could be kept high no matter what trusts get created...

I think an option for many will be to trade for ingredients and a fee or EME/Enrichment stones in trades, I'm thinking 4 EME/Enrichment stones (or 3 EME+gc) would be good and fair deal, coming up to 25kish gc equivalent if my understanding of prices is about right. Anyways, that's what I'm thinking of charging for them, will have to spend some time in market channel *shudders* to determine a good price in gc I guess.

yeah well PC on market is not very useful for new item because people bray what they will.

As for crafters setting a minimum price: not gonna happen. The true price for SS depends on demand and supply, and demand depends on how many big items are made daily. The only thing that happens if SS are expensive is that EME become more expensive.

If there are say twenty COLs/tit plates/etc made each day and only ten SS, then one would expect the SS to reach prices of 30k each and EME's to follow suit.