Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

High level monsters adjustment

Maybe I understood Ents post wrong, but i thought this topic was how to make more monster (chims) used by all players.

And by players I mean those who are training because they want in the end be a pker and also for those who just want to train a/d for the fun of it . I think its a fine line to make things perfect for both types of players but it shouldnt be biased towards Pker's, alot of people enjoy a/d training without ever having the intent to pk.

making monsters more usable doesnt mean giving players free xp or uber drops and IMO I dont envy Ents task of trying to keep people happy.but if making the game better means making monsters harder/tougher then so be it,people might complain but its not about a few its about the community.

If monsters are made harder then im certain that people with complain that players eg: mufo,gnny (just examples not flame) got the benifits of easier monsters but long time players also had the hinderance of one click harv etc so it balances out.

in a beta game none of us can expect things to stay the same and some things might change we do not like.but im sure Ent will take on board players constructive comments and do what it best for the game as a whole

The fact that someone is playing the game more than me doesnt mean that he knows the game better than me.I play the game for less than a year and i dont train 18 hours per day. I am 110 a/d and oa 122.

Also i am high in manu,crafting etc.

I know many players that they are playing the game years that are training a/d only and have much lower stats than me.

Its not comparable. Its much easier to level since COL and NMT was brought in game plus there are much more spawns and new between monsters and much better armors.

amen to that hades, i remember train on montain chim with 180hp and it had only 110 atk i only was getting 160k per hr..............and their werent alternatives nor NMT and col costed 100k ........agis you have it easy so like hades said NOT comparable......i would LOVE to see Entropy make NMT BREAKable permanent and then we see how many LOW levels try to trian above their copacity,,

do it Ent make NMT break ... it may be another VERY good remedy to the situation.

and no one can complain about this .. if it is made breakable we all suffer the same concenquences..

i would LOVE to see Entropy make NMT BREAKable permanent and then we see how many LOW levels try to trian above their copacity,,

do it Ent make NMT break ... it may be another VERY good remedy to the situation.

and no one can complain about this .. if it is made breakable we all suffer the same concenquences..

It would only make more people stop training mchims and go yeti as mchims break much more armor than yeti do.

At least for me, I killed close to 7k of both yetis as mchims.

[

It would only make more people stop training mchims and go yeti as mchims break much more armor than yeti do.

break rate is determined by Landed hits...... each hit has a certain % chance to break an item ...so im not sure what lands more hits yeti or mcw but which ever monster has higher cord is the one that will break more stuff

and i doubt someone who has trouble on a mcw will move to yeti to solve their trouble...especially now that they were made stronger..although im not sure if their new strenght has been implemented just yet..

Edited by mufossa

Indeed, I also experienced more breaks on MCs than on yetis.

Edited by Vormavius

[

break rate is determined by Landed hits...... each hit has a certain % chance to break an item ...so im not sure what lands more hits yeti or mcw but which ever monster has higher cord is the one that will break more stuff

and i doubt someone who has trouble on a mcw will move to yeti to solve their trouble...especially now that they were made stronger..although im not sure if their new strenght has been implemented just yet..

I don't have trouble with any of them, but mchims drop so bad that you loose money training them as they are now.

I go only yeti when I need money, too crowded for me, but if I break more armor on mchims will I need stop training them because it will be too expensive.

[

I don't have trouble with any of them, but mchims drop so bad that you loose money training them as they are now.

I go only yeti when I need money, too crowded for me, but if I break more armor on mchims will I need stop training them because it will be too expensive.

i dont know which monster has a better chance to break armour..im sure Ent does....mabye you and vormavious just had bad luck, i dunno... and for the recorrd when i said "and i doubt someone who has trouble on a mcw will move to yeti to solve their trouble" i didnt mean it directed twords you i just meant in general..and ya mcw drops suck badly

The fact that someone is playing the game more than me doesnt mean that he knows the game better than me.I play the game for less than a year and i dont train 18 hours per day. I am 110 a/d and oa 122.

I know many players that they are playing the game years that are training a/d only and have much lower stats than me.

Its not comparable. Its much easier to level since COL and NMT was brought in game plus there are much more spawns and new between monsters and much better armors.

amen to that hades, i remember train on montain chim with 180hp and it had only 110 atk i only was getting 160k per hr..............and their werent alternatives nor NMT and col costed 100k ........agis you have it easy so like hades said NOT comparable......i would LOVE to see Entropy make NMT BREAKable permanent and then we see how many LOW levels try to trian above their copacity,,

:P

:P

Sorry but i started training with nmt in late 80's while others were training with nmt on fluffies.So its not comparable because they had an advantage.

Dont forget that nmt then wasnt such a rare drop so u could gain more money and train more.So again older players had an advantage,

Btw if i wanna train for 1 hour only i ll train with steel chain without col to get the extra magic exp.

And finally if some players wanted to get more exp they shouldnt take negs.It was their choise.

Many players can make wishes.

But when nmt was breakable some players stopped training and someothers reseted and took the perk.

And finally if some of you dont want people to train to monsters above their a/d level ask to remove negs from the game. But nobody would like such a thing.(including me)

you dont know what the fuck youre talkin about noob.......you have it 100x easier then we did..we arent talking about 7 or 8 months ago try 2-3 years and more .. you have it easy ..we didnt have NMT at all and col's were expensive NOT manuable and rare and we had shit armour...NO ON trained in col ever..you cant even beguin to understand so i wont explain but dont try and say its comparable ..its like a completley different game

you dont know what the fuck youre talkin about noob.......you have it 100x easier then we did..we arent talking about 7 or 8 months ago try 2-3 years and more .. you have it easy ..we didnt have NMT at all and col's were expensive NOT manuable and rare and we had shit armour...NO ON trained in col ever..you cant even beguin to understand so i wont explain but dont try and say its comparable ..its like a completley different game

How come you can't post without cussing and trying to insult people, what's up with that?

And you are wrong, ask Soldus, he was among the first if not the first to have his then 200k (iirc) CoL broken while training on Cyclops :P

And please let's get over the "you got it easier than older players", it applies to other skills as well, take crafting, thread and vials made it fairly easy to get crafting started, while older players had to make base rings and polish gems with a lot more money on the line with critical failures than with vials or thread (granted, breaking a vial mold is costly).

Ok i am a big noob and you are smarter and pr0.I hope you are satisfied now.Also u are very gentle.

How come you can't post without cussing and trying to insult people, what's up with that

And you are wrong, ask Soldus, he was among the first if not the first to have his then 200k (iirc) CoL broken while training on Cyclops :P

And please let's get over the "you got it easier than older players", it applies to other skills as well, take crafting, thread and vials made it fairly easy to get crafting started, while older players had to make base rings and polish gems with a lot more money on the line with critical failures than with vials or thread (granted, breaking a vial mold is costly).

everything u just said is EXACTLY MY POINT........................................................well except about me cussing , and if you want my anwser about that it is because i get agrivated :(

Ok i am a big noob and you are smarter and pr0.I hope you are satisfied now.Also u are very gentle.

AHH now we are finally getting somewhere...well except about the gentle part

Edited by mufossa

In my oppinion one of the reasons people skip over chims is that the respawn times with chims are MUCH longer than fluffy. I can get roughly 2 fluffy for every 1 chim and the fluffies have better drops. I get more experiance per chim than I do per fluffy but net more exp from the much faster spawning fluffy. Yetis are much slower spawning than the chims but the items/gc they drop make them worth it.

Whether the decision is made to decrease chim re-spawn or increase fluffy re-spawn, either way, chim health needs to be increased.

Fluffy - 95/95 a/d - 250 health

D.chim - 100/100 a/d 180 health

D.chim health needs to at least match or exceed Fluffy health, so 250 health minimum.

Fero - 90/105 a/d - 300 health

F.chim - 100/110 a/d - 250 health

F.chim health needs to at least match or exceed Fero health, so 300 health minimum.

M.chim - 115/115 - 270 health

Yeti - 125/125 - 400 health

If F.chim with 300 health is going to be precursor to M.chim and Yeti is going to be the next step after, then 350 health sounds perfect for M.chim.

Edited by Korrode

I'm mid-90s a/d, so still on fluffies for a while, and no experience training higher critters. But I think Korrode's post makes perfect sense. Combine those health levels with respawn times that result in higher exp/hr than fluffs (they may already be there, I dunno) and I would switch to chims without reservations rather than go fluffies -> yeti.

Guest ohmygod

If respawn times of fluffy was same as chim then the chim would be the better option for training.

I cant train on either of these critters but what i miss along with all the other options .. spread the rare drops over all the high lvl monsters. nmt is dropped by fluff and yeti? make it happen on chims also but keep the chance equal as t it is now. the chance on a drop decreased on only fluff and yeti adn the chance increased on chims could forse ppl to train on them either.

Specialy as there are more and more ppl that can train high lvl monsters and waiting for a free spawn.

Edited by Walt-Her

So, other than a boost for Yeti is there anything to be changed for the "chim situation"? I'd like to know if i should save up PP to take p/c for a future chim training or if i can take more perception to chase down feros .. ;)

By increasing the respawning time for fluffies without buffing chims things will become even worst because people will stay even more to fluffies.

I trained on desert chims during the non items brake day. I cant talk about forest and mountain chims cause i must add more p/c. Mountain chims are really tough.

I got from dc in melinis less exp than fluffies.

My suggestions are :

1) Desert Chims should have minimum 200 health points.(maybe more)

2) Respawning time should be decreased a bit.

3)Better drops. I am not talking about big changes.A few more gc will do the trick. And maybe a small chance to find bronze armour?Yetis in the past were dropping titanium plates iirc. That is not the most important thing anyway. I also dont believe that chims should drop efe's. Better leave efe's to alchers.

4)If its possible some double spawns.

The most important things anyway are the first 2 things i mentioned. At least for me.

About the rest of the chims i cant say many things. Maybe the chances to destroy an item should be decreased a bit.

Edited by agis29

Chances to destroy depend, as far as i know, only on the times you are hit, not on how hard you are hit. That means dexterity and attack of the monster. Dexterity and Reaction of chims are pretty high.

I cant handle a forest chim at all without a weapon (dexterity 32, reaction 28, toughness 18), while feros are no problem at all (only hurt me with crits). I'd to put dozens of PP into p/c to handle fchim and i could never again train feros/fluff efficiently. Still forest chim has lower HP than feros (thats not so much of a problem for me currently, i dont hit them at all) and higher respawn time.

Chances to destroy depend, as far as i know, only on the times you are hit, not on how hard you are hit. That means dexterity and attack of the monster. Dexterity and Reaction of chims are pretty high.

I cant handle a forest chim at all without a weapon (dexterity 32, reaction 28, toughness 18), while feros are no problem at all (only hurt me with crits). I'd to put dozens of PP into p/c to handle fchim and i could never again train feros/fluff efficiently. Still forest chim has lower HP than feros (thats not so much of a problem for me currently, i dont hit them at all) and higher respawn time.

What you are saying sounds right. But it seems that the chances to lose an item doesnt depend from the times you are hit. Cyclops destroy more items than fluffies although cyclops can hardly hit someone.

I think that it has to do with "critical to damage".

I'm not the smartest high-end trainer,but I will give you my insight on the f.chim.

At around 44/82 108/110 I still could not box/bone this chim well,it'd be a bunch of def/flee's and me mainly hitting a crit. every once and a while.It wouldn't really make me restore maybe once if it hit some more crits.

But with that chim that was never a prob. cause MD

D.chim with the same p/c/a/d I'm certain that I could have double ts'd it and still do fairly well boxing it.(never tried before the reset but certain it could have been done)

All this training was with full steel,uni med. for -crits,acc and all that good stuff :D

Like I said other hardcore yeti trainers would have better insight I'm certain I seen some of them boxing em.

All and all chims really ain't worth it exp/hr-wise cause slow spawn time,I never really cared for their drops its all good cause if I wanted to make profit then,I'd went and killed over 600 feros a session :confused:

If this help thx for reading,Justin,Seph