Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest IloerEdmygwr

make soap please

Guest IloerEdmygwr

:P

Please help

Could'nt it be an option to inteduce ingreeds to make soap, (could be an engy or alch job).

would be nice for the peeps to wash them selves after a hard day work digging that erm...

wel help

Actually that is a nice idea.

I've actually been asked ingame if I've washed my hands when I was done harving that...erm...*stuff*.

I would love to "use" it and get a bubble effect or something :o

it could also be used to wash the tools before they can be stored, we don't want smelly storages eh? :o

Nice idea indeed!

It should also be mandatory to use soap after any (PK) fight..to wah the blood of your hands.. ^^

A very multiple item, I should say :o

And oh..its ofcourse under alchemy, lol..soap is usualy chemical..aint it..?

Unless yuo make a natural soap..*sighs* but that would go too far I'm afraid ..

Would be nice to choose yuor own scent..by picking te flowers of your choice..giving it a more personal touch :omg:

Jez

And oh..its ofcourse under alchemy, lol..soap is usualy chemical..aint it..?

Unless yuo make a natural soap..*sighs* but that would go too far I'm afraid ..

The ingredients for Lye soap are "lard" (rendered pork fat) and "lye" (extracted from ashes), boiled while frequently stirring.

We don't have "lard" or "pork fat" to work with, but we can substitute meat and not be too far off the mark. So:

1 Raw Meat + 1 Fire Essence = 1 Lard

1 Ashes + 1 Water Essence + 1 Fire Essence = 1 Lye

5 Lard + 1 Lye + 1 Fire Essence = 1 Soap

Though as to whether this should be Alch, Potion, or Eng I haven't a clue.

How about a negative modifier for dealing with NPCs until you wash your hands? Add to it the option for bots to determine your hands are unclean and not deal with you until you washed your hands? (Or an option only to sell certain things to the unclean, like soap or dung or such, or the ability to use the flag to raise prices on some items? Be creative bot makers, if this flag were put in, how would you use it?)

And since it sounds like BREW'n would be required for the final stage, I think the render'n of the fat should fall under ALCHEMY - Knowledge Required : Rendering (Meat Smelting?)

I'll follow with the creation of lye to be an ENGINEERING feat - Knowledge Required: Lye Production

And finally the mixing of it all together (possibly requiring the use of an empty vial) could be POTIONS as the process sure sounds like brewing to me. Knowledge required: Soap Making

Guest IloerEdmygwr

:o Exatly thords like that

Somehow to be washed grands a better welbeeing so why not give at least the half of what a minor heal give when u use it

How about you wash yourself and you got 5% chance if you are antisocial to be able to buy/sell at NPCs for like 10 mins?

Then you'll be needing SFX for characters that get too mucky. Might I suggest...

Pig-pen_peanuts.PNG

I had a similar idea, that the leather gloves used to mine the smelly substance should become "stinky leather gloves" or something :P And then, like the bucket, it should only be able to go into Hazardous Storage until cleaned.

As it is not so yet, after mining this coiled up brown ore, I always throw away the glove used afterwards... And now I will only keep a leather glove in my storage if I made it myself. :)

Glad someone posted the idea, perhaps you could also include flies buzzing round the latrines. Just an effect mind you, I'm not suggesting a new creature which can only be tackled with a new item Fly Swat.

Maby if you have harvested dung, or had a hazodus item in your inv then you need to wash your hands otherwise you could be poisoned from eating food, the dung is full of nasty germs you know, maby the effect of a pair of hands where the poison icon apears could tell you that they are dirty

What decadence is this. if your hands are dirty from dungdigging, you just wash them in the drinking water of white stone city. Anyway, what exactly do you use to clean your arse after you produced some manure of your own (for the engineers to fight over)? Exactly, you don't wipe at all, or you wipe with your hands.

(no i am not a disgusting freak, i just describe medieval sanitation)

Anyway, what exactly do you use to clean your arse after you produced some manure of your own (for the engineers to fight over)?
Plenty of old newspapers scattered about, no problem apart from an inky bottom.

Other things used before toilet paper was commonly available (curtosy of toiletpaperworld):

• Newsprint, paper catalogue pages in early US
  • Hayballs, Scraper/gompf stick kept in container by the privy in the Middle Ages
  • Discarded sheep's wool in the Viking Age, England
  • Frayed end of an old anchor cable was used by sailing crews from Spain and Portugal
  • Medieval Europe - Straw, hay, grass, gompf stick
  • Corn cobs, Sears Roebuck catalog, mussel shell, newspaper, leaves, sand- United States
  • Water and your left hand, India
  • Pages from a book, British Lords
  • Coconut shells in early Hawaii
  • Lace was used by French Royalty
  • Public Restrooms in Ancient Rome - A sponge soaked in salt water, on the end of a stick
  • The Wealthy in Ancient Rome - Wool and Rosewater
  • French Royalty-lace, hemp
  • Hemp & wool were used by the elite citizens of the world
  • Defecating in the river was very common internationally
  • Bidet, France
  • Snow and Tundra Moss were used by early Eskimos

Just so you'll never be caught short again...

Edited by trollson